Let's Go USA!

Agreed, but the guys you mentioned are all way bigger than most soccer players. Like people throw out "what if Jordan played soccer?" He's too big. It's guys under 6 feet 150 to 185 ish who can change direction and have quickness we should be targeting. You can't teach that speed and elusiveness, you can sometimes teach the skill.
That’s why I added Steve Nash who is only 6 feet. If quickness and athletic ability was that important than African teams and Jamaica would be world superpowers in soccer but they’re not. Y’all don’t understand how difficult it is to control that ball and to keep it a few inches off your feet at all times and to kick it wherever you want to. It’s like baseball players and the skill you need to hit.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with Trump. One ***** threw the flag on the ground. There should a basic standard of decency and conduct for athletes who represent the country.
And Kelley O'Hara snatched it back up ASAP. It goes to show that some do have respect for the flag.

That’s why I added Steve Nash who is only 6 feet. If quickness and athletic ability was that important than African teams and Jamaica would be world superpowers in soccer but they’re not. Y’all don’t understand how difficult it is to control that ball and to keep it a few inches off your feet at all times and to kick it wherever you want to. It’s like baseball players and the skill you need to hit.
That's why I added you can sometimes teach the skill. But give me a shifty guy with skill and he beats a slow guy with skill. African teams are very entertaining to watch. They also have no tactical awareness and don't play defense. I think that's more of an issue than them being athletic.

This may be shocking to some, but I was able to enjoy a ton of really entertaining soccer matches throughout the women's world cup without spending one minute giving a sh-t about any of the athletes' political views.

I'm shocked that so many of you like to watch ugly females playing one of the girliest, daintiest sports on the planet.

What are you gonna watch next, ballet? Figure skating?

SMH.

Advertisement

Do you really think the african teams have the resources needed to train these guys properly? Africans aren't even known for their "quickness" look at the 2016 100m dash. No african nations even medaled.

Yeah but … in 2017 Ivory Coast won silver in the women’s 100 and 200. 4th place in the 100m … Miami Hurricane, Murielle Ahoure.

Resources? It’s more resolve. So many countries are so corrupt that their players re more committed to their pro teams.

For sure. I just mean teams like England and the like are spending so much more money on their soccer teams trainers, coaches, nutrition, supplements, etc. etc. that you can't just say. Well African teams aren't good at soccer so athleticism means nothing.

Senegal and Tunisia are both ranked in the FIFA top-25… and above the USA

Nigeria #45
Congo DR #49
Ghana #50

Africans are good at soccer, it’s the other issues …

But, I get your point I was just busting your balls with the women’s 2017 results. LOL.

LOL! I figured you were.
I'll be honest. I don't follow the sport at all. I was just going by what the other guy said with "if athletics meant much africa would be dominating". I just wanted to throw out there. That you could have the top athletes in the world, but if you don't have the resources to develop them you are going to be schit out luck.

Advertisement
LOL! I figured you were.
I'll be honest. I don't follow the sport at all. I was just going by what the other guy said with "if athletics meant much africa would be dominating". I just wanted to throw out there. That you could have the top athletes in the world, but if you don't have the resources to develop them you are going to be schit out luck.
Kidding aside... that's got to be the case.... $$$. It's the same in any sport.

YOu know what country doesn't allow their athletes to throw the flag on the floor? North Korea. Maybe you should watch their events instead.

No one said anything about laws outlawing anything. Just to have some decency. Especially when you're representing the country. The Straw Man fallacies don't help your case.

No one said anything about laws outlawing anything. Just to have some decency. Especially when you're representing the country. The Straw Man fallacies don't help your case.

" There should be basic standards" sounds like a law or rule to me. The great part of America is if some ***** wants to throw the flag on the floor they can. If some snowflake wants to get offended by it they can.

It was a veteran who suggested to Kap that he kneel instead of sitting down to show decency and respect while still getting his point across.

There’s nothing indecent about kneeling.

Advertisement
YOu know what country doesn't allow their athletes to throw the flag on the floor? North Korea. Maybe you should watch their events instead.
This statement is pure trash....comparing our country to North Korea. I wonder how you were raised, especially by our educational system.

It has been a long standing custom and principle that we don't let our flag hit the ground. My generation grew up with that. We learned that at an early age.

We are at polar opposites from North Korea and terms of freedoms, tolerance and democracy, despite what the whiners and complainers like Meghan Rapinoe assert. We are the greatest country on Earth. North Korea is probably the worst.

Your specious comparison proves nothing. I suppose one could say "Look, North Korea ain't so bad...they have the same principle about the flag as the United States."

Being careless and dropping the flag is disrespect, nonetheless. Even if she was indifferent, her indifference was still disrespectful. She showed more concern for herself than for the country she represented.

She should have protected that flag like it was a precious child. She did not.

That's my impression of a lot of these women soccer players...yapping on about pay inequities and so on.

They're all about themselves.

It was a veteran who suggested to Kap that he kneel instead of sitting down to show decency and respect while still getting his point across.

There’s nothing indecent about kneeling.
And many of us have a right to be offended. Hasn't the NFL lost attendance and/or viewership since the Kaepernick stuff began? Has it recovered?

I haven't watched a pro game outside of parts of a Superbowl in ages.

I have lost interest and the overpaid self-centered athletes, whining about imagined grievances, has contributed to my loss of interest.

Advertisement
Once Rapinoe injected politics into soccer she lost me, the same with the rest of sports personalities who inject politics into sports, I cross them off. The thing is that our president has become fair game after the massive media attack and people have lost perspective. I see it here as I've posted a message that nobody with two brain cells and a heart would disagree with, yet there's a group here that consistently and incessantly hand out negative reactions to anything that smells conservative. I blame the media (all TV) pure and simple.
I worry that it will seep down to college sports. God forbid players from my beloved Hurricanes start kneeling. My lifetime passion, going back over half a century, will be dead. I doubt that I could ever go to a game, or even watch a game, if I saw UM players kneeling.

@For_The_U
So, is Pulisic our flash in the pan?
I enjoy watching the kid play.

The future is bright for US soccer, between Pulisic and Mckennie you have two 20 yr olds that play at a high level in europe with top teams.

But there are plenty of youngsters coming up. At the U20 world cup you could see the talent. The US doesnt just sit back and defend anymore they play beautiful attacking soccer with skills.

The problem with the US is they want to promote MLS players, Bradley and Altidore shouldnt be anywhere near the team but they are regulars with the team. Klinnsman had a great plan and shouldnt have been fired.

And it's honestly not people having issues with politics in sports. It's people having issues with DIFFERENT politics than they have that is the issue. Last time I checked, we were still able to speak our mind in the US.

Not according to SJWs. Remember certain words, phrases, and thoughts are triggering to their "truth" (to self absorbed to realize its actually a viewpoint, not fact), it takes away their safe space no matter how uttterly ridiculous, childish, and narcissistic their position might be on x topic.

SJWs don't want the US, they want the Balkans--BUT everyone in US better pay for it while they blather along playing video games, taking duck face selfies living their best life, and going to yoga drum circle classes.

Ditto for right wing religious nut jobs--although they are a bit more restrained to just a few issues...and at least they want to actually work for a living by and large.

I believe what infuriates most about libtard SJWs like Rapino is this--the hypocrisy.

She acts like she is some conscripted Roman gladiator, same for Kap. They are volunteers and know exactly what they are doing--FOR THEIR OWN ENRICHMENT. They curse the US, but live off its dollars, yet dont see the duplicity of complicity by supporting the "rascist" economic system. 99% of libtard SJWs cant even understand my last sentence, and it only proves my point further.

We've come to the point of no compromise in our country. What's the middle ground on 2d ammendment? Abortion? Immigration? The polar opposite camps now (and pulling middle towards both) want nothing less than total annihilation of the other side.

I fear this movie does not end well.

Now back to our board...

Go Canes! Beat the green off the lizards 8/24!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back