Let's Go USA!

So what womens world cups were played in 2016, 2017, and 2018 when the WNT also brought in more money ? I must've missed those. Can we debunk this every four year myth already. It simply is not true.

I also noticed you skipped over the ratings aspect as well where the WNT has also consistently outperformed the mens National team.

And those numbers you're quoting -- the 4 billion versus 78 million ? THEYRE FROM 2010!!!! I bet you wont quote your source (i also bet it rhymes with Lightfart).

The pay dispute is w the soccer federation. It's why they are being sued and not FIFA. Every country pays their team differently. Theres not a one size fits all payout.

I'm not going to even get into the mens team versus womens team on the field
Of course the mens team would win. By 50 probably. I dont think anyone seriously believes otherwise.

MLS/NWSL is how the US federation make their money. A couple people watching a qualifier doesn’t mean shot compared to what MLS makes the federation. They are suing bc men can be paid more in mls dumbass which they deserve to be bc they bring in world superstars like ibrhimovich that puts asses in the seats. I’m not avoiding anything and that is the most recent data that is out there. Even if the woman made double that it wouldn’t touch 4 billion. USWNT has more followers then USMNT but that is not how US federation makes money they make it off mls. England doesn’t make money off the English national teams they make it off the premier league. Educate yourself before commenting.

Advertisement
Then don't make it about politics. Rapinoe had the right to make a political remark. However, when you take a political stand, you have to be prepared to accept criticism from those that disagree with you. You'll turn a blind eye to the side you agree with, while attacking the side you disagree with it. That's hypocritical on your part.

And they are trying to get more followers and she alienates half of America who loves America/the president. They don’t watch you lose more viewers and more credibility with deserving higher pay. She is not very smart if She is fighting for a cause but could prob bank off the simple minded folk for her own profit.

Our woman team wouldn’t beat the worst team in mls. Your statement is laughable. They lost to an Under 15 boys all star team. Being a smart player is important but if you are slower and weaker then your opponent you will have to get very lucky to even stay within 3 goals. The US men’s team would beat the US woman’s by 5 plus goals. It’s not like these guys don’t know the game and it’s their first time playing soccer. The woman could probably beat 11 NBA or NFL players who have no knowledge of the game.

That game was an informal scrimmage prior to a friendly. I doubt they were going all out.

Having said that, you’re probably right.

Then don't make it about politics. Rapinoe had the right to make a political remark. However, when you take a political stand, you have to be prepared to accept criticism from those that disagree with you. You'll turn a blind eye to the side you agree with, while attacking the side you disagree with it. That's hypocritical on your part.
Once Rapinoe injected politics into soccer she lost me, the same with the rest of sports personalities who inject politics into sports, I cross them off. The thing is that our president has become fair game after the massive media attack and people have lost perspective. I see it here as I've posted a message that nobody with two brain cells and a heart would disagree with, yet there's a group here that consistently and incessantly hand out negative reactions to anything that smells conservative. I blame the media (all TV) pure and simple.

Advertisement

SJWs are wholly unable to grasp this basic premise.

It's their superpower.

Once Rapinoe injected politics into soccer she lost me, the same with the rest of sports personalities who inject politics into sports, I cross them off. The thing is that our president has become fair game after the massive media attack and people have lost perspective. I see it here as I've posted a message that nobody with two brain cells and a heart would disagree with, yet there's a group here that consistently and incessantly hand out negative reactions to anything that smells conservative. I blame the media (all TV) pure and simple.

Because you are clearly unwoke, rascist, and use your privledge to support patriarchial institutions.

You need to evolve.

Come join our wokeness. Skinny jeans fittings are in the room to the left.

If all of our DBs, WRs, RBs, Point Guards, Shooting guards, etc. grew up playing soccer we would dominate the world in soccer. It wouldn't even be a close competition. Look at the measurables of "elite" soccer players. These guys can't even begin to measure up to these guys and their foot eye coordination is nothing compared to our elites.
Lmao soccer and most sports are about ALOT more than physical abilities. The Rock has better measurables than every HOF D-lineman how did that help him ? Usain bolt is faster than every human in history and played soccer growing up for years and he is still trash. Y’all don’t know **** about soccer so I get it but it’s still ridiculous the things you guys are saying

Advertisement
Teams are paid by their respective national soccer federations and as has been posted w a source already, the USWNT has been bringing in more revenue than the men's team for 3 years straight now.

The most watched soccer game in the history of the United States was a womens match.

This years Cup saw a its viewership increase by over a quarter of a billion people!

The numbers are on Rapinoe's (and millions of others) side.

I'm also watching the Mens final, and our mens team is NEVER going to win big. I feel like we've been waiting for Jozy Altidore to break out for 30 years.

Btw, let's debunk another myth about the womens game which is that the only reason our team is dominant is bc we're the only country that has invested in its womens team. Other countries have very quietly dumped considerable resources into their women squads.
https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...womens-world-cup-final-boon-equal-pay/593419/
Actually Mia and the gang way back played against an easier playing field when the funding was true. This team winning back to back has been against far better competition and more impressive than what they did.

Lmao soccer and most sports are about ALOT more than physical abilities. The Rock has better measurables than every HOF D-lineman how did that help him ? Usain bolt is faster than every human in history and played soccer growing up for years and he is still trash. Y’all don’t know **** about soccer so I get it but it’s still ridiculous the things you guys are saying
I don't know, but a team of guys like say Darren Sproles, or Tyreek Hill (shifty little dudes you can't catch in a phone booth) playing soccer from youth might be interesting

This may be shocking to some, but I was able to enjoy a ton of really entertaining soccer matches throughout the women's world cup without spending one minute giving a sh-t about any of the athletes' political views.
You're a better man than I am. I gave several matches a shot couldn't watch a complete one. No matter how hard I tried. It just didn't captivate my attention.

I don't know, but a team of guys like say Darren Sproles, or Tyreek Hill (shifty little dudes you can't catch in a phone booth) playing soccer from youth might be interesting
speed quickness means nothing if you can’t do all that while controlling the ball. Nash, Hakeem, Kobe all grew up playing soccer but weren’t good enough so switched to basketball and won MVP’s

Advertisement
You're a better man than I am. I gave several matches a shot couldn't watch a complete one. No matter how hard I tried. It just didn't captivate my attention.
Hey, fair enough. Everyone has their own likes. I thought both the competition and skill level of the teams in this year's women's cup were fantastic. Then again, I am a huge fan of the sport as a whole. I watched the ladies yesterday morning, the Copa final between Brazil and Argentina in the afternoon, and the the US/mexico gold cup final at night. Was an awesome day! But not everyone's cup of tea, I get that.

I'm with you... I've given soccer a chance but it just doesn't interest me. I grew up in the US and soccer just wasn't played much before... used to see it on Spanish programming only, but immigration slowly changed that. I can agree to disagree about futbol as long as it's civil. But living in Miami I've had soccer encounters that have left a sour taste in my mouth. I've been to sports bars that had soccer plastered on all screens, and even La Carreta during football season playing soccer on TVs, and they wouldn't change it... ironically Cubans aren't into soccer.
Regardless, I agree with Ellen... "be kind to one another".

MLS/NWSL is how the US federation make their money. A couple people watching a qualifier doesn’t mean shot compared to what MLS makes the federation. They are suing bc men can be paid more in mls dumbass which they deserve to be bc they bring in world superstars like ibrhimovich that puts asses in the seats. I’m not avoiding anything and that is the most recent data that is out there. Even if the woman made double that it wouldn’t touch 4 billion. USWNT has more followers then USMNT but that is not how US federation makes money they make it off mls. England doesn’t make money off the English national teams they make it off the premier league. Educate yourself before commenting.
what people also forget is that the US soccer federation has to pay HUGE amounts to the mens players club team to play a certain amount of games for the national team. a player can't just go play for his national team when he wants. you think pulisic. who just got sent from a top German team to Chelsea in the English premier can just go play for the us national team any time? NO. US SOCCER has to dole out a lot of money for pulisic to play. whereas the anti American rapenis. probably doesn't cost US soccer any money fro her to leave the glorified high school league of the NWSL. there is no much more involved. it's typical of people like rapenis. she is able to speak without all the facts and the dumb masses believe her.

Advertisement
I'm with you... I've given soccer a chance but it just doesn't interest me. I grew up in the US and soccer just wasn't played much before... used to see it on Spanish programming only, but immigration slowly changed that. I can agree to disagree about futbol as long as it's civil. But living in Miami I've had soccer encounters that have left a sour taste in my mouth. I've been to sports bars that had soccer plastered on all screens, and even La Carreta during football season playing soccer on TVs, and they wouldn't change it... ironically Cubans aren't into soccer.
Brother, you need to find a new sports bar! ;-)

Last edited:
We're in a sadder state of affairs than we think when you see how many people put political credence in the actions or opinions of athletes and actors.

**** when I played in college our red headed, fast as **** Irish kick off returner wouldn't take his helmet off during the anthem. Said it was his personal protest until the British got out of Northern Ireland. Nobody said anything, or made a fuss over it.

baseball is a bigger cuban sport. soccer is big for the south americans and europeans. catch high level soccer on saturday mornings when they play EPL and whenever El Classico is played in la liga

We're in a sadder state of affairs than we think when you see how many people put political credence in the actions or opinions of athletes and actors.

**** when I played in college our red headed, fast as **** Irish kick off returner wouldn't take his helmet off during the anthem. Said it was his personal protest until the British got out of Northern Ireland. Nobody said anything, or made a fuss over it.

kinda like how we care about politicians sports opinions (not just talking about the rapinoe case, but weve seen it intertwined by BOTH in many situations). none it should matter.

Advertisement
Back