Let's Go USA!

Advertisement
LMAO The USA just won a whole World Cup and you're in this thread going ON AND ON about white house visits and the fabric of our country or wutever the ****. If that ain't triggered I don't know what is.

NOBODY CARES. ENJOY THE TITLE. THIS IS A GREAT DAY. CAPS LOCK.

She made it about the White House ... before they even won.

Could care less about the win. It wasn't about sports, competition or excellence. It was about grand standing.

I could watch CNN, MSNBC or Fox News to get that. I watch sports to get away from it.

Last edited:
FTB!!!!

Manolo was a lazy hire.

Fire the admin...imprison Shalala...she SINGLE HANDEDLY ruined Miami football.

If we don't IMMEDIATELY hire JJ, I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the BoT.

I feel better now.

Seriously...

C

A

N

E

S

Go muthaf[]ckin Canes. Beat the green off the iguanas.
Beat the green off them. Lol.

OT...

I've often theorized, given 6-12 months of elite coaching, a team of NFL DBs, WRs, and RBs would destroy the field in world soccer.

Am I wrong? Not that easy?
You're very, very wrong. That's a really odd take. It's comparing apples to oranges.

Doesn't matter how big, fast or strong you are, the only time that group would touch the ball against professional 'soccer' players is at kick off and picking the ball out of their own net.

Advertisement
And I agree with that. I just think proper preparation would take years and years rather than months.
It's just a completely different skillset.

Look at the best player in the world, Messi. He wouldn't even get on a HS football team, but he makes professional 'soccer' players look like mugs every week.

You actually get the point.

Although the men's team is so awful I'm not certain they could actually beat the women.

The USWNT ROUTINELY LOSES TO TEENAGE BOYS. This stupid jocking of the women's team is a joke. We outspend the world in womens soccer, thanks to Title IX. We are dominant because the rest of the world barely cares. The USWNT also makes more money ONLY in a world cup year. Remember, THE WORLD watches the men's WC. Maybe you will have a couple hundred million watch the women.

Well from a business standpoint, they've gotten better ratings than the mens team, won more, sold more merchandise, and had higher attendance numbers.

You could make the case that they shouldn't get equal pay, but in fact, should get HIGHER pay than the men's national team.
I don't see why they shouldn't get equal pay when representing their country - it's a pittance anyway. The England players donate their international appearance fees to charity (no idea what the women do).

They can have equal prize money too, but it has to come from their own kitty (sponsorship / ticket sales from the Womens World Cup) - of course the first time they followed through with this would be the last time as it'd bankrupt the competition, but I'm all about equal opportunities.

Advertisement
I don't see why they shouldn't get equal pay when representing their country - it's a pittance anyway. The England players donate their international appearance fees to charity (no idea what the women do).

They can have equal prize money too, but it has to come from their own kitty (sponsorship / ticket sales from the Womens World Cup) - of course the first time they followed through with this would be the last time as it'd bankrupt the competition, but I'm all about equal opportunities.

Consider the woman only bring in 78M to fifa for the World Cup paying then equal pay of 400M would be crazy. Someone needs to bring up these numbers and simple economics to rapinoe.

Watching the men’s final vs Mexico and it looked like the woman were in slow motion earlier. And these are two middle of the pack teams. Woman just don’t put the same product on the field.

Woman even know this and that’s why they get mad that transgender can compete in woman’s sports(I don’t think transgender should be aloud to compete in woman’s sports either). It is just facts men are stronger and faster then woman. You don’t see guys complain that woman models are paid more. It’s is a dumb argument to have and makes rapinoe look like a moron with a bunch of simpleton followers.

Advertisement
Consider the woman only bring in 78M to fifa for the World Cup paying then equal pay of 400M would be crazy. Someone needs to bring up these numbers and simple economics to rapinoe.
Teams are paid by their respective national soccer federations and as has been posted w a source already, the USWNT has been bringing in more revenue than the men's team for 3 years straight now.

The most watched soccer game in the history of the United States was a womens match.

This years Cup saw a its viewership increase by over a quarter of a billion people!

The numbers are on Rapinoe's (and millions of others) side.

I'm also watching the Mens final, and our mens team is NEVER going to win big. I feel like we've been waiting for Jozy Altidore to break out for 30 years.

Btw, let's debunk another myth about the womens game which is that the only reason our team is dominant is bc we're the only country that has invested in its womens team. Other countries have very quietly dumped considerable resources into their women squads.
https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...womens-world-cup-final-boon-equal-pay/593419/

You actually get the point.

Although the men's team is so awful I'm not certain they could actually beat the women.

I was thinking this exact same thing during the game. Our women’s team doesn’t have the speed or strength of the men’s team, but they clearly have much better technical quality. If you know anything about soccer you know that technical quality and discipline with respect to the strategy matter much more. I would say the women’s team would beat the men.

Teams are paid by their respective national soccer federations and as has been posted w a source already, the USWNT has been bringing in more revenue than the men's team for 3 years straight now.

The most watched soccer game in the history of the United States was a womens match.

This years Cup saw a its viewership increase by over a quarter of a billion people!

The numbers are on Rapinoe's (and millions of others) side.

I'm also watching the Mens final, and our mens team is NEVER going to win big. I feel like we've been waiting for Jozy Altidore to break out for 30 years.

Btw, let's debunk another myth about the womens game which is that the only reason our team is dominant is bc we're the only country that has invested in its womens team. Other countries have very quietly dumped considerable resources into their women squads.
https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...womens-world-cup-final-boon-equal-pay/593419/

What you are saying is inaccurate for two reasons woman’s soccer in the United States produces no money and empty stadiums except for once every four years. MLS produces more then the woman’s equivalent in the United States.

Fifa is a WORLD organization not a United States business. The viewership in the United stares has zero to do with how much money it makes fifa. Soccer is not a popular sport in this country where it is the most popular sport in most other countries world wide.

The money for the tournament is paid by fifa not by any United States soccer federation. It is as simple as 4 billions dollars in revenue vs 78 million. Getting paid by US federation is based off money made by mls and the NWSL. Mls bring in way more revenue. If we want to get technical woman get 13% of fifa earning and men only get 9%. Doesn’t sound exactly fair when we break it down into percentages based off revenue earned. So no the number are not on rapinoe side. The numbers suggest your sport needs to become more popular which it will never be even close to 1/2 of the popularity worldwide as the Men’s soccer.

And watching the game tonight two middle of the pack teams are way faster, skillful, and entertaining then the woman’s game. If you can’t see that your a homer. Our woman’s national team loses to U 15 boys teams. the level of play isn’t even close to what the men produce so stop grasping for straws and look at the economics of business and the biology that men are faster and stronger then woman.

Advertisement
I was thinking this exact same thing during the game. Our women’s team doesn’t have the speed or strength of the men’s team, but they clearly have much better technical quality. If you know anything about soccer you know that technical quality and discipline with respect to the strategy matter much more. I would say the women’s team would beat the men.

Our woman team wouldn’t beat the worst team in mls. Your statement is laughable. They lost to an Under 15 boys all star team. Being a smart player is important but if you are slower and weaker then your opponent you will have to get very lucky to even stay within 3 goals. The US men’s team would beat the US woman’s by 5 plus goals. It’s not like these guys don’t know the game and it’s their first time playing soccer. The woman could probably beat 11 NBA or NFL players who have no knowledge of the game.

What you are saying is inaccurate for two reasons woman’s soccer in the United States produces no money and empty stadiums except for once every four years. MLS produces more then the woman’s equivalent in the United States.

Fifa is a WORLD organization not a United States business. The viewership in the United stares has zero to do with how much money it makes fifa. Soccer is not a popular sport in this country where it is the most popular sport in most other countries world wide.

The money for the tournament is paid by fifa not by any United States soccer federation. It is as simple as 4 billions dollars in revenue vs 78 million. Getting paid by US federation is based off money made by mls and the NWSL. Mls bring in way more revenue. If we want to get technical woman get 13% of fifa earning and men only get 9%. Doesn’t sound exactly fair when w9e break it down into percentages based off revenue earned. So no the number are not on rapinoe side. The numbers suggest your sport needs to become more popular which it will never be even close to 1/2 of the popularity worldwide as the Men’s soccer.

And watching the game tonight two middle of the pack teams are way faster, skillful, and entertaining then the woman’s game. If you can’t see that your a homer. Our woman’s national team loses to U 15 boys teams. the level of play isn’t even close to what the men produce so stop grasping for straws and look at the economics of business and the biology that men are faster and stronger then woman.
So what womens world cups were played in 2016, 2017, and 2018 when the WNT also brought in more money ? I must've missed those. Can we debunk this every four year myth already. It simply is not true.

I also noticed you skipped over the ratings aspect as well where the WNT has also consistently outperformed the mens National team.

And those numbers you're quoting -- the 4 billion versus 73 million ? THEYRE FROM 2010!!!! I bet you wont quote your source (i also bet it rhymes with Lightfart or washington examiner).

The pay dispute is w the soccer federation. It's why they are being sued and not FIFA. Every country pays their team differently. Theres not a one size fits all payout.

I'm not going to even get into the mens team versus womens team on the field.
Of course the mens team would win. By 50 probably. I dont think anyone seriously believes otherwise.

Last edited:
An American team just won the world championship in its sport and the reasonable folks in the room can't discredit the win fast enough.
Then don't make it about politics. Rapinoe had the right to make a political remark. However, when you take a political stand, you have to be prepared to accept criticism from those that disagree with you. You'll turn a blind eye to the side you agree with, while attacking the side you disagree with it. That's hypocritical on your part.

Advertisement
Back