Let's Go USA!

You bring up an interesting point.

Other than the inevitable self-licking ice cream cone media tour, does women's soccer start to take market share from NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL?
As long as it stays timed in the sports dead zone, it's doubtful. Realistically, people pay attention because its a national pride issue and the rarity of every four years makes it watchable, like the Olympics.*

*Except curling, which I could watch any time and I have no idea why.

Advertisement
Thought you all might enjoy this . . .

You only further prove my point.

If you did serve in USN thank you. What went wrong then? That was rhetorical, I don't want a response.

Even more perplexing your position. You would then of course realize our Service 100% enables SJWs to be who they are free of retribution, while at the same time recognizing the absurd caricature they have become. Both those thoughts can exist at the same time.
I agree those thoughts can exist at the same time. I can say something's *** yet not discriminate or hate homosexuals. I don't really care what people say, I care how they act. I'd be a lot prouder to be American if systemic discrimination against ****, women, and blacks didn't exist in our country. So, I can be a proud American and still be unhappy about certain parts of our society. Does that make me less American than you?

I agree those thoughts can exist at the same time. I can say something's *** yet not discriminate or hate homosexuals. I don't really care what people say, I care how they act. I'd be a lot prouder to be American if systemic discrimination against ****, women, and blacks didn't exist in our country. So, I can be a proud American and still be unhappy about certain parts of our society. Does that make me less American than you?

Your comments make you certainly less informed.

SYSTEMIC discrimination? What is this, the South of 100 years ago? I must be missing something.

Ever been to Appalachia? Rural America anywhere? Urban America?

There are countless actual policies to "level" the playing field and actually only hurt overall.

Asians are jolding on line 3, does Harvard take their call?

WOMEN now outnumber men in college. Wow, women are really held down SYSTEMICALLY. Its actual stated policy and codified in the Constitution.

Don't confuse systemic (i.e. de facto policy) with groups of people being stratified, right or wrong, into different layers of society--and at times do to their own choices.

Advertisement
Your comments make you certainly less informed.

SYSTEMIC discrimination? What is this, the South of 100 years ago? I must be missing something.

Ever been to Appalachia? Rural America anywhere? Urban America?

There are countless actual policies to "level" the playing field and actually only hurt overall.

Asians are jolding on line 3, does Harvard take their call?

WOMEN now outnumber men in college. Wow, women are really held down SYSTEMICALLY. Its actual stated policy and codified in the Constitution.

Don't confuse systemic (i.e. de facto policy) with groups of people being stratified, right or wrong, into different layers of society--and at times do to their own choices.
And your comments make you a self important *******.

Yes systemic. Amendments were necessary to allow black men and then eventually women to vote. Laws against *** marriage? That's systemic. We have a history of discrimination and it's still ongoing. There are actual policies to 'level' the playing field? Now why would we need something like that?

You going to answer my question?

So, I can be a proud American and still be unhappy about certain parts of our society. Does that make me less American than you?

Do you really think the african teams have the resources needed to train these guys properly? Africans aren't even known for their "quickness" look at the 2016 100m dash. No african nations even medaled.
That’s why I added Jamaica who have abused everyone in sprint lately. There are many guys more athletic and faster than nadal and Federer who come from developed countries and they still can’t touch them. Vernon gholston had one of the greatest nfl combines of all time and still couldn’t play football. Y’all need to stop thinking it’s all about athletic ability. That’s how you get people thinking Larry bird wouldn’t be able to play in today’s nba....that’s how you get teams thinking Luka Doncic wasn’t going to be a star

Advertisement
That’s why I added Jamaica who have abused everyone in sprint lately. There are many guys more athletic and faster than nadal and Federer who come from developed countries and they still can’t touch them. Vernon gholston had one of the greatest nfl combines of all time and still couldn’t play football. Y’all need to stop thinking it’s all about athletic ability. That’s how you get people thinking Larry bird wouldn’t be able to play in today’s nba....that’s how you get teams thinking Luka Doncic wasn’t going to be a star

I just found it odd that you included Africa in this. Jamaica is a country with less than 3 million people. Brazil has over 200 million people. Plus Brazils top athletes are running track not playing soccer.

Vernon Gholston was also going up against people close to as talented as him in the NFL. His pure talent had him dominate in college which is what would happen if a true elite athlete was flopping around on a soccer field. When you have guys who are that much faster, coordinated, etc. than these soccer guys. Talent would go a long way. Or are you trying to say talent means nothing in soccer and its all hard work?

" There should be basic standards" sounds like a law or rule to me. The great part of America is if some ***** wants to throw the flag on the floor they can. If some snowflake wants to get offended by it they can.

"...of decency." You are rationalizing to arrive at the conclusion you want to arrive at. Decency was something our parents instilled in us. Yes, America is great and you have the right to throw the flag on the floor and despite not agreeing with you, I'll defend your right to do it Having said that, if you feel the need to do that, why do you want to live somewhere where you feel such disdain for the US if you are willing to do that to a symbol of our country. Additionally, your use of "snowflake" is indicative that there is a whole lot of projecting going on in your response.

Advertisement
"...of decency." You are rationalizing to arrive at the conclusion you want to arrive at. Decency was something our parents instilled in us. Yes, America is great and you have the right to throw the flag on the floor and despite not agreeing with you, I'll defend your right to do it Having said that, if you feel the need to do that, why do you want to live somewhere where you feel such disdain for the US if you are willing to do that to a symbol of our country. Additionally, your use of "snowflake" is indicative that there is a whole lot of projecting going on in your response.

I am not rationalizing anything. How am I projecting. I am not the one getting offended. I don't care at all about someone throwing the flag on the ground. I don't care that you are getting offended. That is the exact opposite of a snow flake.

It is pretty obvious what their objective is. They could move out of the country, but they want to try and bring about change to help those that cannot move out of the country due to monetary or other reasons.

I am not rationalizing anything. How am I projecting. I am not the one getting offended. I don't care at all about someone throwing the flag on the ground. I don't care that you are getting offended. That is the exact opposite of a snow flake.

It is pretty obvious what their objective is. They could move out of the country, but they want to try and bring about change to help those that cannot move out of the country due to monetary or other reasons.
You are equating someone asking if we can respect a symbol of the country we are all supposed to love and you equate that with passing a law in a communist country. Big difference there.
You claim to love the fact that people can do what they want with the floor, but you are ok with someone as long as they share a political stance you agree with. If a person acts in a manner that you disagree with you get bent out of shape and have to call them names. That's the beauty of the country. There are people with different opinions. Neither is right and neither is wrong. You're being hypocritical.

Advertisement
You are equating someone asking if we can respect a symbol of the country we are all supposed to love and you equate that with passing a law in a communist country. Big difference there.
You claim to love the fact that people can do what they want with the floor, but you are ok with someone as long as they share a political stance you agree with. If a person acts in a manner that you disagree with you get bent out of shape and have to call them names. That's the beauty of the country. There are people with different opinions. Neither is right and neither is wrong. You're being hypocritical.

You sure can ask her to respect the flag and she could tell you to fvck off. If that is your point than I agree with you.

That is *********. I don't know if your reading comprehension is lacking or what, but I have never said that at any point on this board. If someone wanted to throw the flag down to support police brutality I would be fine with that as well. It is their right. I don't get bent out of shape about any of this because I am not a whiny snowflake.

You sure can ask her to respect the flag and she could tell you to fvck off. If that is your point than I agree with you.

That is *********. I don't know if your reading comprehension is lacking or what, but I have never said that at any point on this board. If someone wanted to throw the flag down to support police brutality I would be fine with that as well. It is their right. I don't get bent out of shape about any of this because I am not a whiny snowflake.

But when someone says that they should not throw the flag on the ground you call them a snowflake. You're being hypocritical for defending the right of the person you agree with and insulting the side you disagree with. If you're going to defend someone's right to throw the flag on the ground, you have to defend the right of the person who says they shouldn't do that.

But when someone says that they should not throw the flag on the ground you call them a snowflake. You're being hypocritical for defending the right of the person you agree with and insulting the side you disagree with. If you're going to defend someone's right to throw the flag on the ground, you have to defend the right of the person who says they shouldn't do that.

I am calling them a snowflake because that is what they are. Not because I am offended by their opinion. I stated numerous times part of what is great about this country is they can hold that opinion. However, they are still a whiny snowflake. If you get offended by actions that don't physically affect you, you are a snowflake plain and simple.

I am calling them a snowflake because that is what they are. Not because I am offended by their opinion. I stated numerous times part of what is great about this country is they can hold that opinion. However, they are still a whiny snowflake. If you get offended by actions that don't physically affect you, you are a snowflake plain and simple.
And you are calling someone names because you disagree with their opinion. How are you different?

Advertisement
Back