Let me tell you about some dogs...

wanna make a bet that Harley/Thomas doesn't start over berrios this yr?
Nobody is starting over BB. People say this every off season and he's always one of the top three wr.

They can both play but they have nothing to do with BB. He's gonna play more than anybody not named Richards.

If they'd just leave BB in the slot where he belongs we'd see his strengths, the kid has been seriously misused.
We have not been as stacked at the WR position in previous seasons as we will be this year. Richards, Thomas, Harley, Cager, and Mullins should all be ahead of Berrios in the pecking order. Probably Njoku as well. Not to mention Dallas if he does indeed play WR. Which one of those guys do you want on the sideline while Berrios is on the field?

So you have 7 WRs ahead of Berrios, in other words basically every WR on the roster is ahead of him.

Sounds legit. You just earned a bunch of credibility points as a porster.

View attachment 42510

Would have more than 3 ahead of him. Had Cager not gotten hurt he wouldn't have gotten much run last season imo.

Huh? He was a top 3 receiver when Cager was healthy. It was him, Coley and Cager. Next season, it will be him, Cager and Richards.

Advertisement
Nobody is starting over BB. People say this every off season and he's always one of the top three wr.

They can both play but they have nothing to do with BB. He's gonna play more than anybody not named Richards.

If they'd just leave BB in the slot where he belongs we'd see his strengths, the kid has been seriously misused.
We have not been as stacked at the WR position in previous seasons as we will be this year. Richards, Thomas, Harley, Cager, and Mullins should all be ahead of Berrios in the pecking order. Probably Njoku as well. Not to mention Dallas if he does indeed play WR. Which one of those guys do you want on the sideline while Berrios is on the field?

So you have 7 WRs ahead of Berrios, in other words basically every WR on the roster is ahead of him.

View attachment 42510
That's a cute gif and all but answer the question. Which of those WR's do you want standing on the sidelines while Berrios is on the field?

You name 4 guys that haven't even played a down of college football yet. Are those guys more talented than Berrios? Maybe, but no coach is going to trust those guys if they are not physically ready to play. Plus, you are forgetting these guys have to learn the playbook.

View attachment 42510

Would have more than 3 ahead of him. Had Cager not gotten hurt he wouldn't have gotten much run last season imo.

Huh? He was a top 3 receiver when Cager was healthy. It was him, Coley and Cager. Next season, it will be him, Cager and Richards.

Berrios didn't even have more receptions or yards than Lewis this year.

View attachment 42510

Lewis had 17 receptions, and Berrios had 12. The top three were Njoku, Coley and Richards, they all had 3 times as many catches as both. Richards, Njoku, Coley and Herndon played the majority of snaps. Berrios was also the only punt return option they use. So, you expect a team that lost 3 of their top 6 pass catchers to get pass up by some freshmen?

Advertisement
Oh Harleys competitive. Saw an interview when they asked him about playing with Jeff Thomas and has he been to any camps with him. He was like "probably but I didnt notice him". We need that competitiveness to start in house before we see it on saturdays. I want all these guys to dam near come to fighting after every play in practice lol. But seriously, this is why it is so pivotal to have depth. Competition brings out the best in people.

In that same interveiw,.. Was asked who's faster??....he replied..don't know,..but we line an up n see!! Also said ..in the end, we all still canes!! Ill admit,.. I HAD my doubts,.. I seem to have misplaced them,..can't find them anymore!

It's hitting me now just how badass sounding of a name Trajan Bandy is. I wanna hear that name a whole lot in the future.

View attachment 42510
That's a cute gif and all but answer the question. Which of those WR's do you want standing on the sidelines while Berrios is on the field?

Oh no you're absolutely right. All seven or eight receivers we have should be ahead of him - that makes perfect sense and is so reasonable. Especially based on experience and performance. Nobody can deny that. One of the most reasonable opinions ever on CIS

Advertisement

View attachment 42510

Lewis had 17 receptions, and Berrios had 12. The top three were Njoku, Coley and Richards, they all had 3 times as many catches as both. Richards, Njoku, Coley and Herndon played the majority of snaps. Berrios was also the only punt return option they use. So, you expect a team that lost 3 of their top 6 pass catchers to get pass up by some freshmen?

When the player in question is B2 yes. Would expect at least one of if not both Cager and Mullins to jump him statistically also. Don't think Richt cares much about who has been here the longest as much as he does playing the best guys. And Berrios is not one of the 3 best wide receivers on that team. Good kid, hard worker, a senior but if he is our number two wideout this season it's likely you see the offense take a step back. Just my opinion. Been watching him his entire Miami career and at this point I think we have seen what we are going to get.

View attachment 42510

Oh no you're absolutely right. All seven or eight receivers we have should be ahead of him - that makes perfect sense and is so reasonable. Especially based on experience and performance. Nobody can deny that. One of the most reasonable opinions ever on CIS

I can understand the lack of desire behind Braxton being on the field alot but reality is he will be. He's not dominant at anything but he's reliable & dependant at everything. Personally I would love to see him healthy enough to be explosive again.if not I'd love to see him replaced by dependable kids that are explosive. Problem is most kids aren't that kind of mix. The explosive kids we have aren't dependable yet. You need to have that calm steady voice. Especially if you're qb is developing that confidence himself currently. He definitely sold himself to the staff this year.

View attachment 42510

You name 4 guys that haven't even played a down of college football yet. Are those guys more talented than Berrios? Maybe, but no coach is going to trust those guys if they are not physically ready to play. Plus, you are forgetting these guys have to learn the playbook.

What playbook?

View attachment 42510

And once again you avoided the question.

Advertisement

When the player in question is B2 yes. Would expect at least one of if not both Cager and Mullins to jump him statistically also. Don't think Richt cares much about who has been here the longest as much as he does playing the best guys. And Berrios is not one of the 3 best wide receivers on that team. Good kid, hard worker, a senior but if he is our number two wideout this season it's likely you see the offense take a step back. Just my opinion. Been watching him his entire Miami career and at this point I think we have seen what we are going to get.

I just don't see it. Unless Richt keeps him on both kick and punt returns, there is no way Mullins surpass Berrios. Berrios wouldn't be the number 2 option behind Richard, that would be Cager. Berrios would likely be number 4 behind Richards, Cager and Herndon, with Mullins being behind Berrios. I think that Berrios will come off of kick returns, since we sign Thomas, but coaches trust guys like Berrios to caught the ball, so I think he will stay the punt returner.

View attachment 42510

Stupid ašś questions don't merit an answer. The best three will hopefully play at any given time. If formations and plays make use of the slot, I expect Berrios to get more burn there and hopefully bail out a green QB from time to time. That's how he should be used. As a slot. Last year he had very few targets and was never or rarely lined up as a slot. That's a fact.

Yall might think its ridiculous and that Berrios is trash but its just a fact that the coaches love him.

But the fact is he should be in the slot. And thats the only place Hartley is going to play as a freshman. Yall are honestly tripping if you think Berrios isn't one of our 3 starting WRs next year. Personally I think Mullins is going to win the other Outside WR job. This is why I've been saying this WR class wasn't all that important.

Thomas is a beast and will get PT, but he's not going to start over Berrios this yr, unless he wins the job through injury and doesn't give it back.

Love Berrios but Thomas is waaaaaay better, in the slot and returns. He will not get beaten by him. If the coaches choose to, that's another story but that's very Folden like. Also, how was wr not important this year, especially by your explanation, when Berrios is a senior and only AR has the desperately needed speed they have?

I actually like Thomas better at CB.
Dude looks like he has NFL talent at that position.

dude has nfl potential at wr did you watch the film

Yes, I watched the film.
Impressive at WR too.
Where did I say he didn't have NFL potential at WR?

Still like him better at CB.

Advertisement

View attachment 42510

Stupid ašś questions don't merit an answer. The best three will hopefully play at any given time. If formations and plays make use of the slot, I expect Berrios to get more burn there and hopefully bail out a green QB from time to time. That's how he should be used. As a slot. Last year he had very few targets and was never or rarely lined up as a slot. That's a fact.
That's a different argument than the post I was originally responding to. That person said "nobody is starting over Berrios", which is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

That's a different argument than the post I was originally responding to. That person said "nobody is starting over Berrios", which is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

How about we acknowledge that we have a number of good options & that the winner(s) will be decided by competition, rather than by attrition. It's a good position to be in.

Advertisement
Back