Let me tell you about some dogs...

We have not been as stacked at the WR position in previous seasons as we will be this year. Richards, Thomas, Harley, Cager, and Mullins should all be ahead of Berrios in the pecking order. Probably Njoku as well. Not to mention Dallas if he does indeed play WR. Which one of those guys do you want on the sideline while Berrios is on the field?

So you have 7 WRs ahead of Berrios, in other words basically every WR on the roster is ahead of him.

Sounds legit. You just earned a bunch of credibility points as a porster.

View attachment 42510
That's a cute gif and all but answer the question. Which of those WR's do you want standing on the sidelines while Berrios is on the field?

Oh no you're absolutely right. All seven or eight receivers we have should be ahead of him - that makes perfect sense and is so reasonable. Especially based on experience and performance. Nobody can deny that. One of the most reasonable opinions ever on CIS
And once again you avoided the question.

Berrios was better than Harley, Cager, Harris, and Njoku coming out of HS, and has 3 yrs of experience under his belt...and has basically always been a starter.
He has proven to be a reliable target, even though he has been misused.
No chance in **** when we have 3 wrs on the field Berrios isn't one of them.

Again Berrios will be the starter on the outside when we run 2 wide, and then slide into the slot in 3 wide. You can not like it all you want but its his job to lose, and hes a good player that is a practice hero, making It almost impossible to beat him out.

Cager is going to struggle beating out Mullins for the entire year, he's not beating out Berrios for that other starting spot opposite Berrios.

Advertisement
So you have 7 WRs ahead of Berrios, in other words basically every WR on the roster is ahead of him.

Sounds legit. You just earned a bunch of credibility points as a porster.

View attachment 42510
That's a cute gif and all but answer the question. Which of those WR's do you want standing on the sidelines while Berrios is on the field?

Oh no you're absolutely right. All seven or eight receivers we have should be ahead of him - that makes perfect sense and is so reasonable. Especially based on experience and performance. Nobody can deny that. One of the most reasonable opinions ever on CIS
And once again you avoided the question.

Berrios was better than Harley, Cager, Harris, and Njoku coming out of HS, and has 3 yrs of experience under his belt...and has basically always been a starter.
He has proven to be a reliable target, even though he has been misused.
No chance in **** when we have 3 wrs on the field Berrios isn't one of them.

Again Berrios will be the starter on the outside when we run 2 wide, and then slide into the slot in 3 wide. You can not like it all you want but its his job to lose, and hes a good player that is a practice hero, making It almost impossible to beat him out.

Cager is going to struggle beating out Mullins for the entire year, he's not beating out Berrios for that other starting spot opposite Berrios.

All those guys were rated and ranked higher than Berrios coming out of HS. If what you say comes to fruition here's to hoping he doubles his career statistics in this season for our sake, or we could be in for a long season on the offensive side of the ball. Will be an interesting position battle to watch for sure.

Clemson was running 70+ plays of offense a game with their up-tempo. Same with UNC. We run the ball 30 times, pass 40, and all these kids get plenty of looks. The key is for our offense to move the chains more, and our OL to hold the LOS.

I think it's all about how many times a game we can get the right guys the ball in space, though. It would be nice to run the ball 30 times a game, but I want the ball reaching the perimeter at least 25 times a game on sweeps, tosses, screens, short passes (hitches and outs) to let our speed and athleticism destroy teams. To me that's more important than our run-pass ratio.

Goal: Run 70+ plays a game. 25-30 plays on the perimeter, 10-20 between the tackle runs (depending on opponent and success), 20-25 short to intermediate passes, 5-10 deep shots.

With the types of players we have on offense with Walton, Richards, Mullins, Thomas, Harley, Dallas, and Homer we have the types of guys that can take something short and turn it into a big play. That's what championship teams do. That's what I want to see us get back to doing.

Advertisement
We should call out all the tough guys on here that killed Harley bc he was wavering! U know who you are

I was tired of the games, and I don't apologize for it one bit.

Now you know one for sure.

Ditto.

No apologies.

I have zero apologies or regrets, especially after that Gator chomping '**** he blasted out when he "shut it down"

ok at least you guys man up... i still disagree though. Kids like more than one team. They have mixed emotions. They get easily influenced. But to hate a guy b/c he doesnt is considering Miami and other schools? you dont know if he was doing what the staff told him to or not.

Advertisement
We should call out all the tough guys on here that killed Harley bc he was wavering! U know who you are

Ditto.

No apologies.

I have zero apologies or regrets, especially after that Gator chomping '**** he blasted out when he "shut it down"

ok at least you guys man up... i still disagree though. Kids like more than one team. They have mixed emotions. They get easily influenced. But to hate a guy b/c he doesnt is considering Miami and other schools? you dont know if he was doing what the staff told him to or not.

I highly doubt this staff asked Harley to troll WVU or do that whole winner gets Harley statement. He handled his recruitment less than admirably for many of us but he seems to be a good kid and we are all behind him now. No one needs to "man up" for criticizing the way he handled his recruitment.

Yall might think its ridiculous and that Berrios is trash but its just a fact that the coaches love him.

But the fact is he should be in the slot. And thats the only place Hartley is going to play as a freshman. Yall are honestly tripping if you think Berrios isn't one of our 3 starting WRs next year. Personally I think Mullins is going to win the other Outside WR job. This is why I've been saying this WR class wasn't all that important.

Thomas is a beast and will get PT, but he's not going to start over Berrios this yr, unless he wins the job through injury and doesn't give it back.

No matter who you believe is going to "start", this WR class was and is extremely important. Why you don't realize that is puzzling.

Ditto.

No apologies.

I highly doubt this staff asked Harley to troll WVU or do that whole winner gets Harley statement. He handled his recruitment less than admirably for many of us but he seems to be a good kid and we are all behind him now. No one needs to "man up" for criticizing the way he handled his recruitment.

& .

Advertisement
I was at st. Thomas a few years when Harley was there. Kid started out at QB freshman year but he always had that passion to win. This kid was the real leader for St. Thomas this past year. What Pete posted didn't surprise me, Harley brings that " IT" factor. He comes from a program where losing isn't acceptable. Great pickup and I'm very happy to have him on board. He carries a ton of weight with the young STA kids and he's very well respected among his SFla peers.

Almost verbatim to the descriptions I read about Sam Bruce on here before he enrolled.

Sam Bruce got kicked out of St. Thomas before even graduating because of his whole gun photo incident. Kid came in with baggage, it wasn't anything new.

Yall might think its ridiculous and that Berrios is trash but its just a fact that the coaches love him.

But the fact is he should be in the slot. And thats the only place Hartley is going to play as a freshman. Yall are honestly tripping if you think Berrios isn't one of our 3 starting WRs next year. Personally I think Mullins is going to win the other Outside WR job. This is why I've been saying this WR class wasn't all that important.

Thomas is a beast and will get PT, but he's not going to start over Berrios this yr, unless he wins the job through injury and doesn't give it back.

No matter who you believe is going to "start", this WR class was and is extremely important. Why you don't realize that is puzzling.

No. OL was extremely important. QB was extremely important. DB was extremely important. WR recruiting wasn't nearly as big of a deal. Just like RB and LB weren't. Not every positition is extremely important every year for recruiting.

Next year, WR is very important, and its why I see us getting 4 WRs. DB and DL is probably still more important though.

For everyone bashing Berrios... Everyone I know working inside the program has extremely positive things to say about him. He may not have had the stellar season some may have expected, but he has supreme talent and showcases it in practice constantly.

Advertisement
I was at st. Thomas a few years when Harley was there. Kid started out at QB freshman year but he always had that passion to win. This kid was the real leader for St. Thomas this past year. What Pete posted didn't surprise me, Harley brings that " IT" factor. He comes from a program where losing isn't acceptable. Great pickup and I'm very happy to have him on board. He carries a ton of weight with the young STA kids and he's very well respected among his SFla peers.

Almost verbatim to the descriptions I read about Sam Bruce on here before he enrolled.

Sam Bruce got kicked out of St. Thomas before even graduating because of his whole gun photo incident. Kid came in with baggage, it wasn't anything new.

I never mentioned Sam's off field issues. People were attributing all of the exact same leadership attributes to Sam that you included in your post on Harley.

If Berrios was a recruit this year, he would not have received an offer from Mark Richt.
And I don't mean the high school Berrios, I mean Berrios right now, would not get offered by Miami.

Advertisement
Back