Let me tell you about some dogs...

Yall might think its ridiculous and that Berrios is trash but its just a fact that the coaches love him.

But the fact is he should be in the slot. And thats the only place Hartley is going to play as a freshman. Yall are honestly tripping if you think Berrios isn't one of our 3 starting WRs next year. Personally I think Mullins is going to win the other Outside WR job. This is why I've been saying this WR class wasn't all that important.

Thomas is a beast and will get PT, but he's not going to start over Berrios this yr, unless he wins the job through injury and doesn't give it back.

Love Berrios but Thomas is waaaaaay better, in the slot and returns. He will not get beaten by him. If the coaches choose to, that's another story but that's very Folden like. Also, how was wr not important this year, especially by your explanation, when Berrios is a senior and only AR has the desperately needed speed they have?

Because like RB, I think WR is a very easy position for freshman to have success in. Even more so when the WR starting across from you is Ahmmon Richards. Richards isn't getting beat out by anyone. And I think Mullins is going to be legit. So as far as depth is concerned sure It was good to get 3 wrs. But really If all we got in this class was Jeff Thomas, I'd be happy. Next years class on the other hand is filled with beasts, and I think we can get 4 of them.

2017:
Richards > Thomas
Mullins > Cager > Njoku > Harris
Berrios > Harley

2018:
Richards > Brian Hightower > Dee Wiggins
Mullins > Mark Pope > Cager >
Thomas > Harley > Elijah Moore

Advertisement
We should call out all the tough guys on here that killed Harley bc he was wavering! U know who you are

Don't think theres really any chance Harley plays early unless its on ST.
I don't even think Thomas is going to beat out Berrios.
proxy.php

wanna make a bet that Harley/Thomas doesn't start over berrios this yr?

Advertisement
Yall might think its ridiculous and that Berrios is trash but its just a fact that the coaches love him.

But the fact is he should be in the slot. And thats the only place Hartley is going to play as a freshman. Yall are honestly tripping if you think Berrios isn't one of our 3 starting WRs next year. Personally I think Mullins is going to win the other Outside WR job. This is why I've been saying this WR class wasn't all that important.

Thomas is a beast and will get PT, but he's not going to start over Berrios this yr, unless he wins the job through injury and doesn't give it back.

WR class wasn't that important? So if you like our returning talent, then adding more isn't that important? One of the stupidest things I've read on this board.

Bandy in the Miami Nike at American heritage last march 16, 2016 ran a 4.68--40(laser). he then goes out for the 5 day national invite camp at Nike Oregon and turns in a 4.51--40. The conditions are just as stringent if not more so. The reason is probably that at the Miami Nike you show up and just run two times I believe. At the nationals being there a whole week they work with the players before the 40 and other measurables to teach them how to start, jump vertically, etc. It pays off as most all the two hundred invited did better at the nationals than their regional 40s.

Harley ran at the same Miami Nike Combine as did Bandy and posted a 4.52--40. I wonder what he could have posted at the nationals had he had that kind of instruction? My guess would be in the mid 4.4s maybe lower.

Hopefully Richt uses Thomas like Pitt used Quad Henderson last year.

Move him all over the place and just get him the **** ball.

Between rushes, receptions, and returns, he should see the ball 15 times a game.

Advertisement

Love Berrios but Thomas is waaaaaay better, in the slot and returns. He will not get beaten by him. If the coaches choose to, that's another story but that's very Folden like. Also, how was wr not important this year, especially by your explanation, when Berrios is a senior and only AR has the desperately needed speed they have?

I actually like Thomas better at CB.
Dude like he has NFL talent at that position.

dude has nfl potential at wr did you watch the film

I actually like Thomas better at CB.
Dude like he has NFL talent at that position.

dude has nfl potential at wr did you watch the film

He has nfl potential and talent at both positions. His CB film was just as impressive , if not more impressive.

Advertisement
Who gives a **** about starters. It's about touches. Jeff Thomas is a LEVEL above everyone else not named Ahmon. Not saying the other guys are bad, its more about Thomas being ELITE, especially for the college game. His weakness will be run blocking but he may not be asked to do much of that in the RPO game. He had 3500 yards, 41 TDs in high school and literally made the best players in the country at the UA game look silly.

Richt is going to find a way to get this kid the ball 10 times a game in space. GUARANTEED!

Clemson was running 70+ plays of offense a game with their up-tempo. Same with UNC. We run the ball 30 times, pass 40, and all these kids get plenty of looks. The key is for our offense to move the chains more, and our OL to hold the LOS.

WR class wasn't that important? So if you like our returning talent, then adding more isn't that important? One of the stupidest things I've read on this board.

Yeah people were acting like we absolutely needed Jeudy, Smith, Holloman, etc in the class because we were so screwed at wr for this upcoming season. But I've been saying we are not in a bad position. Obviously depth wise we aren't in an optimal position, but its really not that bad. Its really not stupid; Look at what we did at DT these past 2 years. We've only signed 2 guys because this staff liked where we were talent wise. That is no different than what I'm saying. Some people were saying WR was one of the most important spots this yr to recruit. But to me it was clearly QB, OL, and DB. And we absolutely nailed the QB and OL recruiting class. I liked the DB class and think ultimately we might have 3 starters in Dean, Bandy (nickel), and Carter, which is about as much as you could ask for. But we will still need a great haul at DB in 2018.

So yeah I stand by the statement that this year wasn't very important to get a good WR class. I think Thomas alone makes this class a success, just like Jeudy would have if we got him. Next year is when the WR class matters, because theres a lot of great ones available.

Advertisement
Great to hear! This raises a question about Dallas. Where does he ultimately play, WR, RB, DB? With the talent and depth at WR, I personally think he plays DB...

Great problem to have.

We should call out all the tough guys on here that killed Harley bc he was wavering! U know who you are

A lot of people already made statements. We don't need to repeat it every time he does something good from here on out.

I previously said I underestimated Mike Harley, particularly for signing with us when Jeff Thomas was signing. I'm happy to see the competitor and leader in him. It all makes me like, respect and get solidly behind him as a Cane. I also mocked [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] for calling him a "humble kid" as a 9th grader but that's exactly what I saw in his announcement and post-announcement interview.

It doesn't change the facts of how he handled his recruitment and people had every right to criticize it but I think everyone has put that in the past and moved forward supporting him 100% as the Cane he is. Maybe you should move forward too.

Last edited:
Don't think theres really any chance Harley plays early unless its on ST.
I don't even think Thomas is going to beat out Berrios.
proxy.php

wanna make a bet that Harley/Thomas doesn't start over berrios this yr?
Nobody is starting over BB. People say this every off season and he's always one of the top three wr.

They can both play but they have nothing to do with BB. He's gonna play more than anybody not named Richards.

If they'd just leave BB in the slot where he belongs we'd see his strengths, the kid has been seriously misused.

Last edited:
Oh Harleys competitive. Saw an interview when they asked him about playing with Jeff Thomas and has he been to any camps with him. He was like "probably but I didnt notice him". We need that competitiveness to start in house before we see it on saturdays. I want all these guys to dam near come to fighting after every play in practice lol. But seriously, this is why it is so pivotal to have depth. Competition brings out the best in people.

Advertisement
Back