Let’s Talk

2019 was the worst canes team I’ve ever seen.

His seat should be on fire.
How much long have you been a Canes fan? I've seen worse. Much worse. I think we can agree that this season. If there is one. Will be his last if this team doesn't show out. Especially considering the cream puff schedule

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
WHOA BRO! I never heard this type of fire and assertiveness from you. I agree, but I just don’t see it, man.

He lost me after FIU. I thought it was for good but there is no downplaying what a fantastic job he's done since the end of the season.

But now that every offensive coach has been upgraded, the QB position the best it's been since the OB days, the o-line anchored and the RB position restocked there are NO excuses not to roll to Charlotte.

Last edited:
I can hear the excuses already. “This is something nobody was prepared to deal with but we as football coaches have to do a better job.” Blah Blah Blah. I agree with @Empirical Cane though. I think he survives this year unless it’s a complete meltdown. I don’t mean a fan meltdown where it’s 10 wins or gone. I’m talkin 4 or 5 win meltdown.

Should we win 10 games? Yes. But that hasn’t happened much lately, so I won’t hold my breath just because we are the AP offseason champs.

For a Power 5, it is a cupcake schedule.

We play a horrendous OOC schedule, with what "should be" the toughest team (Michigan State) being a program that just dumped its head coach in scandal and had to go through a half-dozen choices to find someone willing to take the job.

The Coastal Division is the weakest in P5.

And the Atlantic cross-divisional opponents are not the toughest teams.

I understand that the ACC is not weak from top-to-bottom, but beyond Clemson, it is very mediocre. Nearly every team can beat nearly every other team, but inconsistently, so you get a bunch of 5-3 and 4-4 conference records.

Cupcake schedule.

The Coastal isn't the worst conference in the P5 anymore.

For a Power 5, it is a cupcake schedule.

We play a horrendous OOC schedule, with what "should be" the toughest team (Michigan State) being a program that just dumped its head coach in scandal and had to go through a half-dozen choices to find someone willing to take the job.

The Coastal Division is the weakest in P5.

And the Atlantic cross-divisional opponents are not the toughest teams.

I understand that the ACC is not weak from top-to-bottom, but beyond Clemson, it is very mediocre. Nearly every team can beat nearly every other team, but inconsistently, so you get a bunch of 5-3 and 4-4 conference records.

Cupcake schedule.
I can't agree with that.

I look at the Big Ten, the Big 12 and the Pac-12 and see equal divisions in those conferences. A lot of the traditional power houses are down right now.

Advertisement
How much long have you been a Canes fan? I've seen worse. Much worse. I think we can agree that this season. If there is one. Will be his last if this team doesn't show out. Especially considering the cream puff schedule

Go Canes!!!!
Stupidly, since 2002. The Panthers drafted Dan Morgan the previous year and Michael Barrow had turned out for us a couple of years prior.

I already admired Lewis, Sapp and James. That was enough for me (co-incidentally I flipped my **** when we drafted DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis!).

I've never known us to be dominant.

That Canes team last year was an abomination - losing to FIU, La Tech and that GT team is inexcusable. Historically so I believe, when it comes to FIU.

Idk, I don’t see us losing a game. 2019 SMU scored 28 or more in every game they played. Do that here we’re going to win every game. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Idk, I don’t see us losing a game. 2019 SMU scored 28 or more in every game they played. Do that here we’re going to win every game. Go Canes!
We have FSU and UNC at home. There honestly isn't a good reason to predict any game this year as a loss. The only variable I see is practice interference from covid.

Every offseason our fanbase claims how easy our schedule is. It never stops us from losing 4-7 games lol.

Every offseason our fanbase claims how easy our schedule is. It never stops us from losing 4-7 games lol.
Just because we do lose 4-7 games doesn't mean we should. Should we have lost any of those last year?

Go Canes!!!!
Agree. I wasn’t alive in the 70s. Since 83 last year was the worst. I was at the last game at the OB and FIU was more humiliating.

Advertisement
Assuming the key guys on offense stay healthy this team now has plugged every single glaring hole it had last year.

It’s Charlotte or bust for me.
I honestly havent settled on what fail means yet. Charlotte or bust seems appropriate, but I'm not sure yet. 9-3 and losing in a tie breaker... then winning a bowl could be good enough if we have a top 10 recruiting class. I'm looking for draft pick development also. I think its a major factor in any HC's success at Miami.

That's fair. I agree that the Defense took a step back last yr, but was that because of Baker or was that because of inexperience, and playing behind a horrendous Offense? This yr will go a long way in helping to answer that question. Also I think some of Manny's more subtler moves will also help us be more competitive, like not putting the 'U' logo on practice helmets, and toning down his bravado. 18-22 kids have to earn everything, because they're simply not intrinsically motivated enough to do the right thing by themselves
Tough love...

We should win 9-10 games but He’s not getting fired if he wins 8 games, with covid probably taking fans out of the stadium and already lost revenue we aren’t going to fire a coach with 3 years left on his deal.
Unfortunately for us (if he doesn't improve) its bad business...

Advertisement
Coaches who get players to buy in to mediocre game plans have better results than coaches who have mediocre buy in to good game plans. Coaches in the playoffs get both.

We’ve watched inferior athletes whip us annually because they have work ethic centric team cultures.
If they're ignoring the coach. They're not executing the game plan...

He lost me after FIU. I thought it was for good but there is no downplaying what a fantastic job he's done since the end of the season.

But now that every offensive coach has been upgraded, the QB position the best it's been since the OB days, the o-line anchored and the RB position restocked there are NO excuses not to roll to Charlotte.

Agreed brethren

Advertisement
Back