Let’s Talk

New offensive scheme, new coaches , shortened spring, new starters....I think he survives with 7 wins. I think he should take more control over the defense and also win 9-10 games.

Advertisement
Did you get to read hat dds said about Rumph going to get fired and ***** backed off because they asked for one of his boys head .
Yeah, I saw that recently. Not trying to be a Rumph defender but i don’t see how they can justify firing Rumph if Patke is sitting there.

You think the responsibilities for a DC & a HC are the same? There's going to be a learning curve. Did he make miscalculations? Yes. But he's also shown the ability to recalibrate. One of the main reasons why past HCs failed @ MIA is because they lacked this ability.

What is this recalibrate you speak of?

I’m hoping by the time the season starts, Covid will be an afterthought. It could still be used as an excuse if Manny ***** the bed but may not save him if the season gets ugly. - which by the way, I just don’t see happening

Even though we’ve been told the new O is not complex, I think how quickly the guys can pick up the new O will be a big factor early. The D should be pretty **** good from the get go.

Advertisement
What is this recalibrate you speak of?

Come on man, I know you're trying to keep it real, but you don't think he's addressed majority of the issues from last season? Many of the issues from last season could only be addressed through the transfer portal. Like QB, K, & OL. Upgrading 3/5 of the Offensive staff takes the overhaul to the next level

No, no, and who knows about the leash thing. We’ll all be baying at the moon if they pick up where they left off at the end of last season and somehow lose the opener to Temple.

Come on man, I know you're trying to keep it real, but you don't think he's addressed majority of the issues from last season? Many of the issues from last season could only be addressed through the transfer portal. Like QB, K, & OL. Upgrading 3/5 of the Offensive staff takes the overhaul to the next level

No, I was asking a legit question. So ur basing his ability to recalculate off his off season moves, moves that aren’t tangible quite yet, b/c we don’t know how or if they’ll come to fruition. We just applauded his ability to recalculate last off season, as ppl prematurely called him el jefe.

But, to your point, on paper all the right moves have been made on the offensive side of the ball, which is y I said there’s no excuse for us to be mediocre this season. If we are, his seat needs to be on fire b/c he made no defensive changes, telling u & I, his unit is not the problem; he’s not the problem; the OC and previous coach were.

Advertisement
No, I was asking a legit question. So ur basing his ability to recalculate off his off season moves, moves that aren’t tangible quite yet, b/c we don’t know how or if they’ll come to fruition. We just applauded his ability to recalculate last off season, as ppl prematurely called him el jefe.

But, to your point, on paper all the right moves have been made on the offensive side of the ball, which is y I said there’s no excuse for us to be mediocre this season. If we are, his seat needs to be on fire b/c he made no defensive changes, telling u & I, his unit is not the problem; he’s not the problem; the OC and previous coach were.

That's fair. I agree that the Defense took a step back last yr, but was that because of Baker or was that because of inexperience, and playing behind a horrendous Offense? This yr will go a long way in helping to answer that question. Also I think some of Manny's more subtler moves will also help us be more competitive, like not putting the 'U' logo on practice helmets, and toning down his bravado. 18-22 kids have to earn everything, because they're simply not intrinsically motivated enough to do the right thing by themselves

Advertisement
Everyone had to go through the same sht we did when it come to covid. What if FSU has the same record we do? What if we lose to Michigan state? You can’t blame covid on that. It’s a whole new staff after spring ball.
The BOT needs to understand the impact that a bad season would have on this program. There has been too many analyst coaches reporters and fans that have beaten the obvious to death. The obvious is that there is no reason to be historically this bad with talent we’ve had.
Manny with social media and the transfer portal has placed this program on 2 completely opposite collision courses. One takes us to the Acccg and the other into a recruiting tail spin that we haven’t seen since the cmr’s last bowl game and resignation. This time it will be much much worse considering the hype and expectations as well as the talent we have or perceived talent.
If we wet the bed again the BOT will have to accept a below average acc program or spend and ridiculous amount of money to get a top coach.
If we get anything less it’s just going to smell like the same perfume that they keep spraying on the team.
There will be no sales pitch thats gonna get Quality recruits to come here. No hot new saban or Kirby assistant is going to erase the social media cesspool that will be coming this teams way.
It took cmr to calm the storm of criticism after golden and will take a dude like urban myer to shut people up. Unless Mario goes to a bowl game this year even he won’t convince kids to believe in this place anymore.

Last edited:
No disrespect but is this really the time to be asking this question? Which coaches are on the hot seat is a fluid situation, and most 1st yr HC's at programs with a storied tradition fail to meet expectations. Every person in their profession improves from their 1st yr, why wouldn't you expect Manny to do the same?
Because every person in their profession doesn't improve after their first year. In the sports world that's what they call a bad hire. To say Manny is on a short leash is an understatement. He wins or he's gone. Another dismal season with an upcoming easy schedule and he's out.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Last edited:
We should win 9-10 games but He’s not getting fired if he wins 8 games, with covid probably taking fans out of the stadium and already lost revenue we aren’t going to fire a coach with 3 years left on his deal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back