Let’s Talk

Advertisement
Just because we do lose 4-7 games doesn't mean we should. Should we have lost any of those last year?

We’ve been doing it ever since we joined the ACC. It’s been over 15 seasons of this crap. At some point the fanbase needs to come to grips with the fact that we are no better than anyone else in our division until we prove it.

We’ve been doing it ever since we joined the ACC. It’s been over 15 seasons of this crap. At some point the fanbase needs to come to grips with the fact that we are no better than anyone else in our division until we prove it.
We'll have that opportunity in 89 days.

Advertisement
We'll never have a great coach with Blake James as AD unless it happens completely by accident. Simple as that.
Any great coach we get will be by accident. I am convinced the last thing the administration wants is great coach. He might win an NC and start that whole nightmare of thugs, titles hatred and not being invited to elite A list parties. They lied to Howard and ran him off( They never though he would win, JJ just took the job out of Sam's hands in elevator, who the heck thought a heavy drinker like Denis would win two, and Butch, well he was basically the only guy who would take the job. Realizing any coach would be a threat, they starting paying more attention after that and no mistake has been made. If they wanted to win don't you think Butch would have gotten the call at least one of the times he begged to come back? If you want to win do you just ignore a cheap hire who had delivered an entire NFL team while under massive sanctions and ran clean program to boot.

Any great coach we get will be by accident. I am convinced the last thing the administration wants is great coach. He might win an NC and start that whole nightmare of thugs, titles hatred and not being invited to elite A list parties. They lied to Howard and ran him off( They never though he would win, JJ just took the job out of Sam's hands in elevator, who the heck thought a heavy drinker like Denis would win two, and Butch, well he was basically the only guy who would take the job. Realizing any coach would be a threat, they starting paying more attention after that and no mistake has been made. If they wanted to win don't you think Butch would have gotten the call at least one of the times he begged to come back? If you want to win do you just ignore a cheap hire who had delivered an entire NFL team while under massive sanctions and ran clean program to boot.

I, too, am starting to wonder about the Admin's motives.

I'm not going to lie, I'm still triggered by that whole notion of "be patient; remember E before W." That to me gave a full view in the peabody brain of this Admin. Being the ACC may have been an undercover death sentence, as this greedy admin can collect guaranteed money, w/o working hard for it. But the thing is, what IS our goal? If we're trying to be the Harvard of the South, then how are we showing that from an academic standpoint, either? If Manny goes 5-7 wins on the season, with all this firepower personnel he has on his staff, and he's still kept.....God help us all as fans. But then again, didn't we see this from Golden, who not only chitted on the field, but had the audacity to try to stiff the program, bullying his way to PSU, off the field and THEY STILL KEPT HIM. Somber thoughts.

In my eyes manny needs to win at least 11+ wins to win me back and deserves zero leeway after last year’s abject performance. Unfortunately I think he’ll still be our coach into 2021 if he gets at least 8 wins, which would be pathetic considering the off season additions and cupcake schedule..
Yeah, they have perfect excuse - China virus pandemic. They hate hiring HCs. they have work and live in fear making another mistake like Butch, or JJ, or Howard. Just look at Mark. Fired after 100 years at UGA without a NC. Old, tired, wanting job for his kid. Perfect pick, looks part, good guy, alum and was around a couple NCs. Then 2017 comes along and old ******* almost blew the entire thing. Couple more wins and who knows what happens. 3 or 4 five stars join next recruiting class, kids take over the program again and boom., THUG U is back. Fans happy, alum happy, BUT angry elite stops inviting UM BOT members and senior administrators to A list parties ...... Manny is safe.

I, too, am starting to wonder about the Admin's motives.

I'm not going to lie, I'm still triggered by that whole notion of "be patient; remember E before W." That to me gave a full view in the peabody brain of this Admin. Being the ACC may have been an undercover death sentence, as this greedy admin can collect guaranteed money, w/o working hard for it. But the thing is, what IS our goal? If we're trying to be the Harvard of the South, then how are we showing that from an academic standpoint, either? If Manny goes 5-7 wins on the season, with all this firepower personnel he has on his staff, and he's still kept.....God help us all as fans. But then again, didn't we see this from Golden, who not only chitted on the field, but had the audacity to try to stiff the program, bullying his way to PSU, off the field and THEY STILL KEPT HIM. Somber thoughts.
Amen. Remember the one thing that was different about Miami's rise and reign was who did it. It was the kids, not a legendary coach like the Bear, or the history and status of the program like, USC ND, or the power of state university owning a talent rich state like OSU. Hey Howard is due all the credit for that first one. He was masterful coach and had he stayed probably been Bear like. But after him, the kids took over and followed the lead of Jim Kelly giving back and helping the new players. Those kids, mostly inner city kids really did it. Winning under to additional coaches who road their coat tails to fame. Then that same attitude enabled Butch to rebuild the program. Those minority kids were not suppose to do something like that. Success had to come from their "Betters" -- government, school, big money donors, or one great man. That is came from black, and white kids( lets not forget them) was threatening in a way most of us cannot comprehend because we have hearts that love to see people make by their own effort and not owe it to others. The elite fear that beyond all else. Foote hated, Donna hated it and everyone one of their fear it. It is a mistake to label it racism because it was so much more than that, it took power from them and didn't matter what color it was, it had to be taught a lesson.

Advertisement
No disrespect but is this really the time to be asking this question? Which coaches are on the hot seat is a fluid situation, and most 1st yr HC's at programs with a storied tradition fail to meet expectations. Every person in their profession improves from their 1st yr, why wouldn't you expect Manny to do the same?
It’s exactly the time. And because he lost to FIU. I mean seriously, do you have amnesia?

Forget COVID as an excuse. As if this was a Miami issue only. Every school in the country needed to navigate these uncertain waters. Manny couldn't even navigate a **** bye week. He needs to win, not tweet, boat ride, crash clinics, come up with gimmicky trinkets, choreograph dance parties, track celebrations, give out participation trophies, or LOSE TO FIU!!!

Advertisement
You’ve been huffing glue again.

If you think any of us will support that, and by any of us I mean people that actually contribute and support the program, you are dead wrong.
"any of us" supporting and BoT giving Manuela walking papers are not as linked as perhaps you feel.

I would hope you are correct, but hope is not exactly a great plan.

"any of us" supporting and BoT giving Manuela walking papers are not as linked as perhaps you feel.

I would hope you are correct, but hope is not exactly a great plan.

if you think the BOT, that is the people in the BOT that have influence regarding football are in any way happy with last year, you would be mistaken. Even the people that don’t ordinarily pay attention to football are ****ed off.

if you think the BOT, that is the people in the BOT that have influence regarding football are in any way happy with last year, you would be mistaken. Even the people that don’t ordinarily pay attention to football are ****ed off.
Not yet ****ed off enough to have fired him.

Proof is in action, not words.

Remember Limonis "E before W"

Advertisement
You’ve been huffing glue again.

If you think any of us will support that, and by any of us I mean people that actually contribute and support the program, you are dead wrong.
miniGif_20200608191750.gif

Advertisement
Back