Let’s celebrate the DB class we got

Can anyone link or show screen shots of fans saying the DB class sucks or the DB class was a failure? TIA.

Advertisement
No one dissed the DB class, not that I've seen. They dissed the recruiting efforts by a couple of coaches b/c we are severely thin at DB and DL. But I don't recall anyone saying the DB class as it is is meh. I'm personally excited about all of the guys we have....but that still don't take away from the massive flop to close strong.

We have 7 corners and 7 safeties. Only Knowles doesn't belong here out of those 14. How is that severely thin?

DL is thin, DB depth is fine.

Severely thin is LSU, who literally has only 4 CBs after missing on PS2

No it's not. You have Dean who's an unknown. You have Bandy who's a nickel DB. You have Mike Jackson. Then you have DJ Ivey who is a pure corner. We have Blades who may not be a DB more of a S, Frierson is in the same position.

So basically your boundary corners are Mike Jackson and either Dean or Ivey.

We have depth at Safety. We have Hall, Finley, Carter, D Smith, JJ, Redwine, and potentially Blades and Frierson.

Why do you think we tried to load up on CBs and we were going after day 1 starters in Campbell or Surtain or both.

Let's say DJ hurts his foot again, you cool w/ Redwine flying back to the CB position? You trust Dean?

Again, there is NOTHING wrong w/ our DB class, but to say we've addressed the depth is foolish at this point. We're thin at PURE CB position.

who is saying our DB class sucks?

present yourselves

No one with a brain.

These dudes like Blades need to be sour at the South Florida traitors like Campbell and Jobe and Surtain and quit bytching at the fans who love him. Instead, they'll be cheesing with those traitors.

Yep, never understood that. If I was Al Blades I’d punch Jobe in his mouth.

Y’all got to chill on that social media and or message board sh*t saying the db class isn’t good or a failure or whatever because of the losses of pat and Campbell. In the same vein you are slighting our guys, quit parading the ones who ain’t here and be thankful for the ones who are and chose to be canes. Take the L and move on but celebrate frierson, Hall, blades, Ivey and bethel...
View attachment 58261View attachment 58262
Good post Brock. Perspective is needed. Feeling beat down after another year of L’s at the close. Similar to the actual season when we lost last 3. It was an amazing year. A lot of posters need reminded this was a lousy finish but overall an amazing class.

Advertisement
A couple dummies may have said that. So what. Yesterday was a failure but that doesn't means the DB class sucks.

This recruiting class suck.....
Rumph sucks. He can’t recruit.....

Same thing to a guy Rumph recruited....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is so black and white with y’all. There was thread after thread bashing Rumph, moaning about yesterday, the sky is falling crap. Y’all don’t see how these studs we already signed could take one look at this board yesterday and feel slighted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
No one dissed the DB class, not that I've seen. They dissed the recruiting efforts by a couple of coaches b/c we are severely thin at DB and DL. But I don't recall anyone saying the DB class as it is is meh. I'm personally excited about all of the guys we have....but that still don't take away from the massive flop to close strong.

We have 7 corners and 7 safeties. Only Knowles doesn't belong here out of those 14. How is that severely thin?

No it's not. You have Dean who's an unknown. You have Bandy who's a nickel DB. You have Mike Jackson. Then you have DJ Ivey who is a pure corner. We have Blades who may not be a DB more of a S, Frierson is in the same position.

We have depth at Safety. We have Hall, Finley, Carter, D Smith, JJ, Redwine, and potentially Blades and Frierson.

Why do you think we tried to load up on CBs and we were going after day 1 starters in Campbell or Surtain or both.

Let's say DJ hurts his foot again, you cool w/ Redwine flying back to the CB position? You trust Dean?

Again, there is NOTHING wrong w/ our DB class, but to say we've addressed the depth is foolish at this point. We're thin at PURE CB position.

Frierson at cb could be money.....

Frierson at cb could be money.....

Look at the jam at the line....
He can defintiely play it, I think At paradise camp last year he wasn’t all the way healthy but he can defintiely play corner here
https://twitter.com/_gbe2/status/942958773806747649
This kid has gotten faster too, look how he outran that btw kickoff team on the return for the td

Last edited:
Many of our DBs have not had the "coaching" that Surtain Sr. brought to the AH team and therefore are a little "raw" at this point as compared to TC and PS. Therefore, they have a higher ceiling to be developed. All of them are good to excellent track athletes and are long in size.

They pushed for those guys they just didn’t come at the end of the day
From wqam today

Matt Doherty, the Hurricanes’ director of player personnel, told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz on Thursday that Rumph shouldn’t be blamed for UM’s American Heritage misses.

“It’s completely unfair in my opinion,” Doherty said. “You can’t bully a kid going into a school because of a past relationship with an individual. Mike did phenomenal job maintaining job with those kids for two years. It just didn’t work out. We took our best shot. We don’t feel like we left anything undone. We did everything we could possibly do within the rules, within our power to woo those guys. It’s no one individual’s fault.”

The kids didn't want to go here because they didnt think Rumph could take them to the next level thats a L. We got a lot of good kids in this class and I like all of them, but Rumph took two big Ls.

Don’t think development have anything to do with it in surtains case, he and coach Raymond was very close and LSU have led forever for him and he still went to their rival on signing day. Mind you coach Raymond is one if not the best dB coach in football.

Saban is also very good, but both are better then Rumph. Thats where the criticism is. Thats why Surtain Sr said that it was down to Bama and LSU at the end of the day. The two best DB coaches.

if were being honest about ps2 -- LSU lost him to Bama not miami. he was a heavy LSU lean. dude was crying telling LSU no. he wasn't crying telling miami no.

Advertisement
This entire board is full of bxtches... 99% if u think I'm talking about you trust me I am. If I could tag everyone of u weak *** bxtches i would.

Al blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey are just as elite as any other corner in the country... and my guy Nigel Bethel went to the same paradise camp as Josh Jobe and everybody else and showed tf out while Jobe was getting his lunch eating by 3 star Daquris Wiggins.

Y'all some bxtches spend all signing day and the weeks to come bxtchn about Rumph and crying about PS2 and TC soft *** don't even realize we got a db class that 99% of the schools in the country would beg to have.

I hate u bxtches I wouldn't **** on u bxtches if u were on fire until after u stop breathing mfkers.

NO!!!

LETS CRY ABOUT IT LIKE ES

**** LETS FIRE OUR MOST PROVEN DB COACH...(hes a great coach but he didn't get a teenager to go to school here)

F
A
G
G
O
T
S

First off, been saying Blades is one of my favorites in this class...I think he has bully and dog to him...love his tude. Proved it by being the one to post. Our DB class is super...best we’ve had in ages. Couple them w last years haul and we have a super group w chemistry. Gonna show and be a blast to watch.

Advertisement
Hey man. Our DBs are ****** great. No doubt

The problem was w the DL. And not who we got. They’re great. It was the numbers on DL

Many of our DBs have not had the "coaching" that Surtain Sr. brought to the AH team and therefore are a little "raw" at this point as compared to TC and PS. Therefore, they have a higher ceiling to be developed. All of them are good to excellent track athletes and are long in size.

Yessir

This entire board is full of bxtches... 99% if u think I'm talking about you trust me I am. If I could tag everyone of u weak *** bxtches i would.

Al blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey are just as elite as any other corner in the country... and my guy Nigel Bethel went to the same paradise camp as Josh Jobe and everybody else and showed tf out while Jobe was getting his lunch eating by 3 star Daquris Wiggins.

Y'all some bxtches spend all signing day and the weeks to come bxtchn about Rumph and crying about PS2 and TC soft *** don't even realize we got a db class that 99% of the schools in the country would beg to have.

I hate u bxtches I wouldn't **** on u bxtches if u were on fire until after u stop breathing mfkers.

U the biggest Bxtch on the board. All u do is suck off Richt and his crew.

I love Brock's constant paranoia about players reading the boards and fans tweets. It's mesmerizing.

Advertisement
Back