Let’s celebrate the DB class we got

They pushed for those guys they just didn’t come at the end of the day
From wqam today

Matt Doherty, the Hurricanes’ director of player personnel, told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz on Thursday that Rumph shouldn’t be blamed for UM’s American Heritage misses.

“It’s completely unfair in my opinion,” Doherty said. “You can’t bully a kid going into a school because of a past relationship with an individual. Mike did phenomenal job maintaining job with those kids for two years. It just didn’t work out. We took our best shot. We don’t feel like we left anything undone. We did everything we could possibly do within the rules, within our power to woo those guys. It’s no one individual’s fault.”

The kids didn't want to go here because they didnt think Rumph could take them to the next level thats a L. We got a lot of good kids in this class and I like all of them, but Rumph took two big Ls.

If he has to address it then the heat is picking up on Rumph.

Advertisement
I hate to break it to you guys but FSU with a horrible record and with a HC change signed a better DB class per 247 composite than UM. That’s a failure.

Rumph sucks. That doesn’t mean we don’t like our DB class. They have to prove they can play is all. No hate whatsoever towards them.

Last edited:
They pushed for those guys they just didn’t come at the end of the day
From wqam today

Matt Doherty, the Hurricanes’ director of player personnel, told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz on Thursday that Rumph shouldn’t be blamed for UM’s American Heritage misses.

“It’s completely unfair in my opinion,” Doherty said. “You can’t bully a kid going into a school because of a past relationship with an individual. Mike did phenomenal job maintaining job with those kids for two years. It just didn’t work out. We took our best shot. We don’t feel like we left anything undone. We did everything we could possibly do within the rules, within our power to woo those guys. It’s no one individual’s fault.”

The kids didn't want to go here because they didnt think Rumph could take them to the next level thats a L. We got a lot of good kids in this class and I like all of them, but Rumph took two big Ls.

If he has to address it then the heat is picking up on Rumph.

Thats what I was thinking too. Richts making Jerry reese look like a good AD with these hires. He gotta step it up.

Last edited:
We got some physical corners this time with size and length. It's what we've needed as Jackson is only one guy and Delaney, while physical, didn't have the hips. Bandy is a liability against the bigger receivers of today. Malek, same thing, but unfortunately he's gone. Other guy, speedy, but not physical at all.

That doesn't change that we still don't have a shut down corner in this class with everything, size, length, speed, hips, etc. That's on paper right now, time will be the ultimate judge here. The two we lost had the whole package, sorry for being greedy, but I want it all.
What makes a shut down corner is also a D-Line that puts relentless pressure on the QB and doesn’t give him enough time. You think Campbell and Surtain didn’t benefit from the D-Line at AH? Stop being a star hungry wh@‘re.

This entire board is full of bxtches... 99% if u think I'm talking about you trust me I am. If I could tag everyone of u weak *** bxtches i would.

Al blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey are just as elite as any other corner in the country... and my guy Nigel Bethel went to the same paradise camp as Josh Jobe and everybody else and showed tf out while Jobe was getting his lunch eating by 3 star Daquris Wiggins.

Y'all some bxtches spend all signing day and the weeks to come bxtchn about Rumph and crying about PS2 and TC soft *** don't even realize we got a db class that 99% of the schools in the country would beg to have.

I hate u bxtches I wouldn't **** on u bxtches if u were on fire until after u stop breathing mfkers.
I love this post right here! I always thought Campbell was a little soft Jajajaja... I also think them 2 boys benefited from having a great Defensive line. I’m thrilled to have these boys that really want to be Canes and they are Studs but the Star hungry Wh@res can’t seem to understand.

Advertisement
I hate to break it to you guys but FSU with a horrible record and with a HC change signed a better DB class per 247 composite than UM. That’s a failure.

Rumph sucks. That doesn’t mean we don’t like our DB class. They have to prove they can play is all. No hate whatsoever towards them.
You suck diks!

What makes a shut down corner is also a D-Line that puts relentless pressure on the QB and doesn’t give him enough time. You think Campbell and Surtain didn’t benefit from the D-Line at AH? Stop being a star hungry wh@‘re.

It works both ways. A dominant DL makes it easier for your CBs. And great cover CBs make it easier for your DL.

That's why I've always thought DT and CB are the most important positions to recruit. Lockdown CBs are hard to find and incredibly valuable for a defense.
And the same with dominant DTs.

Listen the fact remains that if you dont start getting the top of the top then you will not be Miami again. That is what made Miami. Pro-bowlers riding the bench with a chip just waiting to prove. Its that type of environment that made Miami. Sure you may be able to win at Miami with a good team thats not that deep, but you wont be the Miami of old. You want to get thru a full season and beat FSU and Clemson and VTech on the road and some other good team and then have to head up to Pit in the snow you dont just need some dogs... you need packs fighting each other to get out there and prove. In the environment we have you have anyone with anything close to NFL talent playing every down they want. Then they leave early because they think no one can beat them. What we had is what Alabama has now. Surtain is a guy who likely doesnt care about PT. He wants to be pushed harder than anyting else. With an NFL dad who just got turned down by Alabama it doesn't surprise me he still went there.

I have never said anything negative about a Miami signee, but I am disappointed in our ability to close on DBs over the years. Just because i want them all doesnt mean I hate the ones we got.
What Alabama has now isn’t even close to what tha Canes had . Sure they may be winning Championships but the players they develop and put into the league aren’t nearly the quality that the U has. And as far as sheer volume of players getting drafted LSU beets them. For the life of me I can not understand why PS2 chose Bama. Outside of playing for a Championship every year there were better options. I could understand if he picked Ohio State. You look at the quality of DB’s they’ve put into the league the last few years, usually make the playoffs, and a superior education. Instead you go to a school who scouts openly admit sends broken and overused players to the NFL and seem to fall in the draft every year.

Advertisement
And you would back coach No D if he was still here, too. Delusional fans.
No scumbag! But it obvious we had no chance with those 2 snobs from AH. It’s not Rumph’s fault that the U as a program is just getting out of the hole it’s been in since Nevin Shapiro and then two awful Coaching tenures. The trust in the U was still not there for this cycle. But Surge19 is looking up.

if were being honest about ps2 -- LSU lost him to Bama not miami. he was a heavy LSU lean. dude was crying telling LSU no. he wasn't crying telling miami no.
I'm tired of talking about these South Florida traitors, but you guys spin too much.

All we heard for a couple years was that UM had no chance at Surtain because he was an LSU mortal lock. Clearly, all the evidence proved he wasn't. And then the final blow was that he signed with Alabaga, not LSU. So, if he was open to not going to LSU, then we should have convinced him to come here.

Whenever you fail on local guys, especially when one of our coaches has a relationship with the family, it's a loss. We lost him. I don't know if they offered something we couldn't or wouldn't, and I don't know if UGA did either with Campbell. If they did, then that changes everything.

No scumbag! But it obvious we had no chance with those 2 snobs from AH. It’s not Rumph’s fault that the U as a program is just getting out of the hole it’s been in since Nevin Shapiro and then two awful Coaching tenures. The trust in the U was still not there for this cycle. But Surge19 is looking up.
Scumbag? Yeah ok. You’re wearing rose colored glasses. Rumph can’t sell a bottled water for $1 to kids on the beach during the summer. Maybe he has BO or bad breath. The only CB he’s responsible for closing is Blades. Blades was going to come here no matter what. Banda recruited Ivey and Frierson. Look at 247 to see which staff members recruited which players if you don’t want to listen to what I’m saying. Rumph needs to go. You’re just to dumb to see the writing on the wall. Let’s revisit this in 19 when he’s back coaching high school kids.

Advertisement
Y’all got to chill on that social media and or message board sh*t saying the db class isn’t good or a failure or whatever because of the losses of pat and Campbell. In the same vein you are slighting our guys, quit parading the ones who ain’t here and be thankful for the ones who are and chose to be canes. Take the L and move on but celebrate frierson, Hall, blades, Ivey and bethel...
View attachment 58261View attachment 58262
Freierson is going to play right away as could Ivey, both or long quick DBs and Frierson can be physical.

Gurvan Hall is a freaking STUD that’s who Bama wanted first and foremost.

Mixed info on Blades, some say he’s plateaued a year ago, but he’s got real good bloodlines and will compete.

Great DB class just not elite which should be celebrated.

I could be wrong, but we didn’t lose anyone that was actually “committed” other than Jobe. Everyone else was always a stretch.

I could be wrong, but we didn’t lose anyone that was actually “committed” other than Jobe. Everyone else was always a stretch.

according to reports from Ivins and Pete -- basically tyson from like october/november onwards was a stretch with increasing interest to UGA and it was reported that we had a better shot with ps2 over tyson. u always lose when you fail to land 2 5 stars in your yard, so it was a loss when the hometown team doesnt have more than a punters chance. also, ill never understand what the **** goes on in plantation where we can only land 2 kids in what 10 years from AMH.

Advertisement
What Alabama has now isn’t even close to what tha Canes had . Sure they may be winning Championships but the players they develop and put into the league aren’t nearly the quality that the U has. And as far as sheer volume of players getting drafted LSU beets them. For the life of me I can not understand why PS2 chose Bama. Outside of playing for a Championship every year there were better options. I could understand if he picked Ohio State. You look at the quality of DB’s they’ve put into the league the last few years, usually make the playoffs, and a superior education. Instead you go to a school who scouts openly admit sends broken and overused players to the NFL and seem to fall in the draft every year.

Point missed.. What team since Miami of old has more blue chip prospects riding the bench than Alabama? Weather or not they end up in the HOF is not the point. The point is that if those dudes want to get on the field they have to earn it against better comp than any other team in college. If those guys rest for a minute they know they will lose their spot. Case in point... Did you watch the title game? Hurt was replaced and everyone was like WTF. Then the bench boy came in, dominated, and won it all. If you need more proof, go look at Alabama class ranking over the last 10 years and compare that to any 10 year stretch of any team in the history of college football. Also show me the last team to win 4 titles over a 9 yr stretch. I think Surtain went to Bama to compete every day and not just every weekend. Its an easy sell for Saban and there isnt any team that can match it. If you believe what Miami players of old say was the reason they became so good then Alabama is the best place to go and work on your craft. Since 2010 Alabama has had 21 first round draft picks. LSU has had 9.

Freierson is going to play right away as could Ivey, both or long quick DBs and Frierson can be physical.

Gurvan Hall is a freaking STUD that’s who Bama wanted first and foremost.

Mixed info on Blades, some say he’s plateaued a year ago, but he’s got real good bloodlines and will compete.

Great DB class just not elite which should be celebrated.

Whoever claimed Blades plateaued a year ago is a moron. He's a long, kind of gangly kid who has a ton of room to grow. And his technique can use a lot of work. Sky's the limit for him.

That's bull****. FSU only got one good Corner & that's Asante Jr.

The worship of composite rankings makes fools out of people looking for reasons to complain.

Rumph absolutely dropped the ball & failed in not landing Surtain or Campbell there's no denying that, but to say FSU signed a better DB class than us is purely weak.

Go player for player & tell me which ones they got that are better than ours. In that process you would quickly realize you're not basing that on anything substantial.

Asante Jr is a **** good Corner we shoulda landed him, but go ahead & tell me about the rest of their DB's and how they stack up to Hall, Frierson, Blades, Ivey & Bethel.
Why would anyone engage in that type of subjective opinion based discussion with someone that is a fan of one team that is the rival of the other?
Do you expect a serious reply to this?

Advertisement
Back