Let’s celebrate the DB class we got

Advertisement
Saying this DB class sucks is like saying the lottery sucks cause you only won 100 million Instead of 200 million...the idiots we have as part of this fan base make me ashamed to say I’m a Cane fan sometimes...well most times actually.

been on this board.....still waiting to see the fans that said this db class sucks?

been on this board.....still waiting to see the fans that said this db class sucks?

Keep waiting. If there were any, it was the guys who just started posting here a couple weeks ago and were sour before anything bad even happened.

Advertisement
DVdLrzlWAAAnKcj.jpg

We missed on the best DB prospects in south Florida this year. That is a fact. That statement does not mean the ones we got are bad. People saying that are not knocking the kids we got.

If people are on twitter calling the kids we got trash, that is something else.

I would rephrase that to say that we missed on some of the best DB prospects in south Florida this year. Gurvan Hall is one of the best DB prospects.

They pushed for those guys they just didn’t come at the end of the day
From wqam today

Matt Doherty, the Hurricanes’ director of player personnel, told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz on Thursday that Rumph shouldn’t be blamed for UM’s American Heritage misses.

“It’s completely unfair in my opinion,” Doherty said. “You can’t bully a kid going into a school because of a past relationship with an individual. Mike did phenomenal job maintaining job with those kids for two years. It just didn’t work out. We took our best shot. We don’t feel like we left anything undone. We did everything we could possibly do within the rules, within our power to woo those guys. It’s no one individual’s fault.”

Advertisement

I’ve seen plenty say it’s a failure because we didn’t land certain guys.

Missing Tc was a failure, no doubt about it. We lost Jobe on a flip which is a failure that we all saw coming except the coaches.

This DB class was supposed to be special (even the coaches have said they were waiting for this year) and it turned out to be great, but not elite.

Blades, Hall, Frierson are consensus 4 star guys.

Ivey and Bethel are consensus 3 star guys. Ivey is super underrated I’ll admit that but Bethel is a project.

I like all the guys we signed but IMO it’s 2 studs short of what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From wqam today

Matt Doherty, the Hurricanes’ director of player personnel, told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz on Thursday that Rumph shouldn’t be blamed for UM’s American Heritage misses.

“It’s completely unfair in my opinion,” Doherty said. “You can’t bully a kid going into a school because of a past relationship with an individual. Mike did phenomenal job maintaining job with those kids for two years. It just didn’t work out. We took our best shot. We don’t feel like we left anything undone. We did everything we could possibly do within the rules, within our power to woo those guys. It’s no one individual’s fault.”

The kids didn't want to go here because they didnt think Rumph could take them to the next level thats a L. We got a lot of good kids in this class and I like all of them, but Rumph took two big Ls.

From wqam today

I'm shocked Doherty didn't blast Bad Luck Schleprumph on a radio show.

Advertisement
who is saying our DB class sucks?

present yourselves

Literally half of this board. Especially the guys who just started posting this week

That's BS. The vast majority of posters here recognize that it's a very good DB class. It's just that it should have been better, specifically at CB (We're good at Safety). And it's not just this '18 class. It's the '16 and '17 classes. We've **** our pants down the stretch three years in a row recruiting CBs.

I also think most here know that it's hard to NOT have a good secondary given our location. We could miss the top 2 DBs in S. Florida every year and still have a talented defensive backfield because of the abundance of DB talent here. However, it'd been nice to now and then get a few of the top guys. Especially when our CB coach is "like family" to them.

I’ve seen plenty say it’s a failure because we didn’t land certain guys.

Missing Tc was a failure, no doubt about it. We lost Jobe on a flip which is a failure that we all saw coming except the coaches.

This DB class was supposed to be special (even the coaches have said they were waiting for this year) and it turned out to be great, but not elite.

Blades, Hall, Frierson are consensus 4 star guys.

Ivey and Bethel are consensus 3 star guys. Ivey is super underrated I’ll admit that but Bethel is a project.

I like all the guys we signed but IMO it’s 2 studs short of what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivey ended up being a 4 star on the composite(average out of the 3 sites)

From wqam today

The kids didn't want to go here because they didnt think Rumph could take them to the next level thats a L. We got a lot of good kids in this class and I like all of them, but Rumph took two big Ls.

Don’t think development have anything to do with it in surtains case, he and coach Raymond was very close and LSU have led forever for him and he still went to their rival on signing day. Mind you coach Raymond is one if not the best dB coach in football.

Advertisement
From wqam today

Don’t think development have anything to do with it in surtains case, he and coach Raymond was very close and LSU have led forever for him and he still went to their rival on signing day. Mind you coach Raymond is one if not the best dB coach in football.

Saban is also very good, but both are better then Rumph. Thats where the criticism is. Thats why Surtain Sr said that it was down to Bama and LSU at the end of the day. The two best DB coaches.

Shît was a mess on social media yesterday. Was fuçking embarrassing to see grown men legit crying for 10+ hours over 2 recruits who didn't want to be at miami.

who is saying our DB class sucks?

present yourselves

Literally half of this board. Especially the guys who just started posting this week

That's BS. The vast majority of posters here recognize that it's a very good DB class. It's just that it should have been better, specifically at CB (We're good at Safety). And it's not just this '18 class. It's the '16 and '17 classes. We've **** our pants down the stretch three years in a row recruiting CBs.

I also think most here know that it's hard to NOT have a good secondary given our location. We could miss the top 2 DBs in S. Florida every year and still have a talented defensive backfield because of the abundance of DB talent here. However, it'd been nice to now and then get a few of the top guys. Especially when our CB coach is "like family" to them.

We are not good at safety. Smith and carter is basically jenkins and carter but with less speed.

Advertisement
Back