Let’s celebrate the DB class we got

Advertisement
Where are all the posts saying this was a bad class ?
Majority of “crying” I’ve seen has been in regards to Rumph and missing on DB targets , which are facts . Message boards are made for exactly these types of discussions we don’t have to tailor what we say because these kids have egos and google their names to see what people are saying about them . @‘ing them on Twitter is a different story but I haven’t seen that .

We got some physical corners this time with size and length. It's what we've needed as Jackson is only one guy and Delaney, while physical, didn't have the hips. Bandy is a liability against the bigger receivers of today. Malek, same thing, but unfortunately he's gone. Other guy, speedy, but not physical at all.

That doesn't change that we still don't have a shut down corner in this class with everything, size, length, speed, hips, etc. That's on paper right now, time will be the ultimate judge here. The two we lost had the whole package, sorry for being greedy, but I want it all.

Who were the 2 that we lost? I'm trying to figure out how you lose someone you never had.

And Frierson is absolutely a lock down corner, at least UGA thought so when they went after him before giving up. Frierson, Blades, and Ivey all have stud potential.

Jackson was the top graded corner in the ACC last year. Those 3 frosh have that kind of potential too, even if they're not surefire top 15 picks like PS2 and TC

Majority of “crying” I’ve seen has been in regards to Rumph and missing on DB targets , which are facts . Message boards are made for exactly these types of discussions we don’t have to tailor what we say because these kids have egos and google their names to see what people are saying about them . @‘ing them on Twitter is a different story but I haven’t seen that .

exactly. why do they care that some random joe is crying about not landing Pat or Ty. I like that blades has that chip on his shoulder but this is really a non issue.

Advertisement
We missed on the best DB prospects in south Florida this year. That is a fact. That statement does not mean the ones we got are bad. People saying that are not knocking the kids we got.

If people are on twitter calling the kids we got trash, that is something else.

exactly. why do they care that some random joe is crying about not landing Pat or Ty. I like that blades has that chip on his shoulder but this is really a non issue.

It’s a slap in the face to them in a way but hey it probably puts a chip on their shoulder regardless

No one dissed the DB class, not that I've seen. They dissed the recruiting efforts by a couple of coaches b/c we are severely thin at DB and DL. But I don't recall anyone saying the DB class as it is is meh. I'm personally excited about all of the guys we have....but that still don't take away from the massive flop to close strong.

We have 7 corners and 7 safeties. Only Knowles doesn't belong here out of those 14. How is that severely thin?

DL is thin, DB depth is fine.

Severely thin is LSU, who literally has only 4 CBs after missing on PS2

Advertisement
Knew this was coming. Didnt think grown men would take it to social media. We have spent the last 36hrs crying about the AH2 that we are $hitting on our own guys who are studs in there own right. Smh.

Hope Ivey and Blades Jr come in Fall ball ready to show that they are just as good as those other two bums.

How do you know they're grown men? Likely the same loser punks who suddenly appeared in here the last 2 weeks.

It’s a slap in the face to them in a way but hey it probably puts a chip on their shoulder regardless

the best players use the smallest **** for motivation i really like that about these guys. Doesnt take much to tick guys like blades, nesta, realus, deejay dallas.

who is saying our DB class sucks?

present yourselves

No one with a brain.

These dudes like Blades need to be sour at the South Florida traitors like Campbell and Jobe and Surtain and quit bytching at the fans who love him. Instead, they'll be cheesing with those traitors.
Not frierson or bandy lol. B04CA208-C3E2-4B7B-8EFD-C4BF4AB35950.jpg
If they wanted to be here they would be here at the end of the day. And that goes for any recruit

Advertisement
You don't even know who he's talking about, frock. So sick of your blockheaded posts instructing the rest of us what to do and how to feel.

That said, I agree that we've got an impressive, versatile group of DBs in this class and a miserable collection of halfwits on this board who focus only on the misses.

Advertisement
No one dissed the DB class, not that I've seen. They dissed the recruiting efforts by a couple of coaches b/c we are severely thin at DB and DL. But I don't recall anyone saying the DB class as it is is meh. I'm personally excited about all of the guys we have....but that still don't take away from the massive flop to close strong.

We have 7 corners and 7 safeties. Only Knowles doesn't belong here out of those 14. How is that severely thin?

DL is thin, DB depth is fine.

Severely thin is LSU, who literally has only 4 CBs after missing on PS2
Yeah they are in a fvcked up situation. We just survived a season having 5 cbs with having multiple injuries to them which is crazy. Just imagine if mike jack had left early. Whew

Listen the fact remains that if you dont start getting the top of the top then you will not be Miami again. That is what made Miami. Pro-bowlers riding the bench with a chip just waiting to prove. Its that type of environment that made Miami. Sure you may be able to win at Miami with a good team thats not that deep, but you wont be the Miami of old. You want to get thru a full season and beat FSU and Clemson and VTech on the road and some other good team and then have to head up to Pit in the snow you dont just need some dogs... you need packs fighting each other to get out there and prove. In the environment we have you have anyone with anything close to NFL talent playing every down they want. Then they leave early because they think no one can beat them. What we had is what Alabama has now. Surtain is a guy who likely doesnt care about PT. He wants to be pushed harder than anyting else. With an NFL dad who just got turned down by Alabama it doesn't surprise me he still went there.

I have never said anything negative about a Miami signee, but I am disappointed in our ability to close on DBs over the years. Just because i want them all doesnt mean I hate the ones we got.

Advertisement
Back