LeBatard interview with Mario

Advertisement
This is exactly why people like LeBatard are so polarizing. Because it's different. Some people love it, some people hate it, but there's essentially no middle ground and it always generates interaction.

Howard Stern is the king of this.

I love LeBatard's show for this exact reason. If i wanted to listen to traditional sportstalk radio, I could turn on countless channels and hear the same boring bull****. People actually spend their time listening to Big O, or the Beast, or the rest of these completely boring and ordinary folks. A bunch of wet blankets. I personally don't love Dan, I think he's the worst part of the show, but it's a great radio show for the exact reasons I mentioned. If you wanna hear Mario answer the same questions he's been asked 500 times, turn on Joe Rose. If you want to laugh or at least be semi-entertained, for my money, give me LeBatard and the guys.

The truth is, I find LeBatard obnoxious and revolting, but I also realize some people might find him entertaining. The same way some people like certain movies and some people hate those movies.

I think you can do great interviews with insightful questions without the buffoonery, not that I have anything against buffoonery but it has to play funny for me, so I can enjoy it. His shtick doesn’t play funny for me.

I just can’t stand the guy because of that, and for other reasons regarding his snitching.

Advertisement
The truth is, I find LeBatard obnoxious and revolting, but I also realize some people might find him entertaining. The same way some people like certain movies and some people hate those movies.

I think you can do great interviews with insightful questions without the buffoonery, not that I have anything against buffoonery but it has to play funny for me, so I can enjoy it. His shtick doesn’t play funny for me.

I just can’t stand the guy because of that, and for other reasons regarding his snitching.

Fair enough, like I said, love him or hate him, everyone has an opinion on him. And when you're in that seat, that's all you're looking for. Oh, and the reason he signed a gazillion dollar deal with DK.

Although I didn’t listen and won’t listen to the interview, because everyone is nicely summarizing it here, I wanted to say that the second point (bolded) is key.

Because that is something that will last for a long time.

No matter who the coaches are. It’s definitely something we sorely need to keep up, or at least be in the running, with the big boys.
he elaborated more but essentially he said we will have everything that those guys have (weight room, training staff, support staff etc..

The Pipo thing was great but went a little too long.

But I love that Dan is aware of what people think of him.

I love Mario not being a stiff with coach speak.

He actually called out Diaz by making comments about no more slogans and crap on social media…it’s about putting in the work.

He also said he noticed Miami missing on recruits…so you can see he is going all in on that.

I’m praying the days of not even being in the top three with local five stars is gone.

Advertisement
The Pipo thing was great but went a little too long.

But I love that Dan is aware of what people think of him.

I love Mario not being a stiff with coach speak.

He actually called out Diaz by making comments about no more slogans and crap on social media…it’s about putting in the work.

He also said he noticed Miami missing on recruits…so you can see he is going all in on that.

I’m praying the days of not even being in the top three with local five stars is gone.

Agreed....Pipo is great, but it went on a few questions too long. Billy is generally awesome, though.

Advertisement
Fair enough, like I said, love him or hate him, everyone has an opinion on him. And when you're in that seat, that's all you're looking for. Oh, and the reason he signed a gazillion dollar deal with DK.
Lebets gives ZERO ***** what anyone thinks when you’re killing it like he is.

Fun interview. Pipo needs to quit while he’s ahead but Mario came out looking good.

Advertisement
There are two parts that are for the diehards:
- him talking staff releasing next few days and coming week
- him confirming the internal support will rival any program including Bama

It’s worth a listen for sure
cigarette-after-***-postcoitus.gif

I cant stand lebatard and Pipo's act got old after 30 secs taking meaningful time away from what could have been a good interview. It was also classless to diss Diaz -he is gone. . But that is Lebatard a real jerk.

Advertisement
Back