LeBatard interview with Mario

If you grew up in Miami in the 70's, 80's and 90's—you grew up with dozens of Pipo's—making this bit absolutely hilarious.

Mario wasn't giving anything up on this call-in—and Pipo's loosened Cristobal up. Guarantee this is the most fun he's had with a call-in radio show, ever.

This was quintessential Miami and "305". Great bit. Light years better than Joe Rose throwing up softballs and lame question that will never be answered, while sucking up and whatever else he does.
This took me back to the summer camp bus rides to Sunshine Skateway we used to take as kids. Hilariously fun!!

Advertisement
Dawg compare that to this :

Manny had no idea how to handle Pipo.

Manny was probably like
"That's what Pipo does to people"

They were all over Mandy's nuts at the time. Definitely creepy and front running when you look back on it.

Not sure if you understood the Spanish but that was absolutely hilarious. Separate from the Spanish, the reference to GNC and LA fitness had me crying.

I don't know spanish, no. I didn't mind missing that though. The Pipo screaming over him was annoying is all I was saying

I just like him saying no more slogans and bull****. It’s time to get to work.

Said there has been too much talk, misses in recruiting etc..

Spoke on Bama and Saban again. This **** is about to be ran so different I can’t wait to see
everyone wasting their time talking about Manny and his lack of Spanish, Pipo and lebetard missed this.. the most important thing coach said was we will have what those guys have and the commitment is there to make it happen. that is the first time those words have ever been uttered by a Miami coach and his absolutely huge if it is true.

Advertisement
Pipo was funny for the first minute or two then it got annoying real fast. Glad Mario was loose with it and not a stuff shirt.
Pipo was a bit obnoxious and annoying, but Mario was a good sport and rolled with it. I did like a couple of Pipos comments like when he said Cubans can do anything: they can turn trucks into boats and cruise across the ocean.

Pipo was a bit obnoxious and annoying, but Mario was a good sport and rolled with it. I did like a couple of Pipos comments like when he said Cubans can do anything: they can turn trucks into boats and cruise across the ocean.
Yeah, I liked that one too, especially when he included that if they can do that they can also coach- a shot at Manny. The bit was a little over the top and bombastic but that is Miami. Mario understands it and seemed cool with it. The gallo mascot replacing the ibis was also hilarious.

Totally had the feel of a few Cuban bros whooping it up over a collada outside some little bodega on calle ocho on any given day.

Advertisement
Back