LeBatard interview with Mario

I know, but man he had one funny rants when Heat won the chip. I think it was the 2011 chip. Had me in tears. One of the best quotes was " Mike Miller broke your back with a broken back!!" Lmao.
Yea i like the show alot when its just funny or making fun of sports, actual sports i'm not sure they know alot about.

Advertisement
I don’t want to be forced to ignore anyone. I don’t want any part of that. Got it under control.
I’m probably in the Maude minority on this but I actually don’t have a problem not making it mutual ignore if it’s one party instigating it each time.

Advertisement
listened to the interview. First 18 minutes.

-Mario said he spent the past 4 weeks assessing the program top to botto policies , culture to personnel. He will meet with the players on the 15th and put out his own policies and goals.

-Mario's blueprint is Bama. Talked about how impressed he was when he was at Bama with how seriously Saban ran that program and the amount of resources he spent to make sure the players suceeded. Sports Psychology, Sports Science, Strength and Training, Analysts etc the whole nine yards. It seems that what he wants is to replicate that formula here at the U.

-Sees recruiting and our facilities as weaknesses that need to be addressed. Expect Miami to invest heavily in facilities in the football program and of course to recruit tirelessly.

-Recruting: The focus is the line play. He said he wants "Animales". ( Animals) on the OL/DL.

Advertisement
Program builder, thank the lord we got him. Building inside out on the field. Focusing on intellectual capital - Sports Science, training, analysts, sports psych, recruiting budget. Facilities take time (part of long term plan). @LuCane, I hope you’re dancing somewhere amigo.
Indeed. We haven't seen any real results, but was it all that much to ask?

Advertisement
NGL, Pipo is super annoying screaming over Mario. I missed 1/4 of the stuff he said

If you grew up in Miami in the 70's, 80's and 90's—you grew up with dozens of Pipo's—making this bit absolutely hilarious.

Mario wasn't giving anything up on this call-in—and Pipo's loosened Cristobal up. Guarantee this is the most fun he's had with a call-in radio show, ever.

This was quintessential Miami and "305". Great bit. Light years better than Joe Rose throwing up softballs and lame question that will never be answered, while sucking up and whatever else he does.

Advertisement
If you grew up in Miami in the 70's, 80's and 90's—you grew up with dozens of Pipo's—making this bit absolutely hilarious.

Mario wasn't giving anything up on this call-in—and Pipo's loosened Cristobal up. Guarantee this is the most fun he's had with a call-in radio show, ever.

This was quintessential Miami and "305". Great bit. Light years better than Joe Rose throwing up softballs and lame question that will never be answered, while sucking up and whatever else he does.
This

Advertisement
Back