Leach or Gundy???

I would take Gundy in a second.

However, did any of you watch the OU/OSU game? OSU is THE worst tackling team I have ever seen. It was a great game. But, those defenses.......ugh.

Advertisement
You haven't provided a single fact in this thread. You just follow me around complaining because you don't like the facts I'm presenting. Your entire justification for hiring Mike Leach is "he is 8-1 right now". Congrats.
If you don't me to reply, don't quote me. This is an open forum.

Want facts. Here you go
9-1 overall record
6-1 in the Pac12
Average of 471.3 yards on offense
Average of 323.3 yards on defense.
18th ranked offense in the country
20th in the country for defense.

Also, he is working with six new assistants that we're hired on after the 2017 season, including his defensive cordinator.

If you don't me to reply, don't quote me. This is an open forum.

Want facts. Here you go
9-1 overall record
6-1 in the Pac12
Average of 471.3 yards on offense
Average of 323.3 yards on defense.
18th ranked offense in the country
20th in the country for defense.

Also, he is working with six new assistants that we're hired on after the 2017 season, including his defensive cordinator.

Great. Remember when he was 9-2 last year and 8-2 the year before? Any word on how those seasons turned out?

The lesson remains: it is retarded to use rankings from one year in mid-November as a guy's entire resume.

Great. Remember when he was 9-2 last year and 8-2 the year before? Any word on how those seasons turned out?

The lesson remains: it is retarded to use rankings from one year in mid-November as a guy's entire resume.

Q6hPmz.gif

Advertisement
Caveman's point: "Leach is 9-1"
My response: "A lot of guys, including the guy we want to fire, have had impressive records in November."
Caveman's reply: "Quit changing the subject slurper faqqit."

And so goes CIS.

Gundy has done great things at Oklahoma State basically landing the Texas talent that Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, and Texas A&M don't want. He's recruited around 35th in the country per 247 for years.

That AD is an idiot, the state of OK isn't exactly loaded with talent. The entire state has 4 kids ranked 4* and 1 kid with 5* in 2019. In comparison- FL has 5 players at 5* and 42 4* kids to share between the big 3.

Also he's not leaving. It would be a pay decrease for him and his staff, it's his alma mater, his home state, and his son is the AHC at Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, T Boone has given over $1 Billion to OSU.

Let that sink in.

I'm guessing here, but would be very surprised that Miami's top 10 donors, maybe even 100 donors, have collectively donated $1B.

Miami needs a Red McCombs or T Boone type to be athletic departments daddy rabbit.

Go ahead and Make that bet, you would be wrong about UM's Top 100 donors.

Advertisement
Doubt Gundy leaving, he makes 5 million to coach at his alma mater in his hometown.
I think Gundy would leave for the chance to be elite recruits' number 1 option in a recruiting fertile base. There's not much of a recruiting base in the state of Oklahoma. Right now he's at best behind Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M for elite recruits out of Texas also.

I think Gundy is the type of dude that would bolt for a shot a championship-caliber program like Miami.

Advertisement
Back