Leach or Gundy???

Advertisement
Only way Miami would be in the market for a new head coach is if Richt decides to step down at the end of the season. If that were to happen, I would be 100% on board with Mike Gundy. The man is no slouch. The last time Miami hired a coach from OK St it worked out pretty well. That being said, it's highly unlikely he leaves his alma mater.

"Mike Gundy was promoted from offensive coordinator and named immediately as Miles' successor and the 22nd head coach at Oklahoma State. Gundy is one of three head football coaches at Oklahoma State to have played for Oklahoma State, along with Jim Lookabaugh and Floyd Gass.
His first season saw the expulsion of eleven players from the team and the Cowboys struggled to a 4–7 record winning only one Big 12 conference game. In his second season, the Cowboy offense began to click and the Cowboys would finish 7–6 including a victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide in the Independence Bowl. In 2007, the Cowboys again posted a 6–6 regular season record and a bowl win over the Indiana Hoosiers in the Insight Bowl. After their second straight bowl appearance, Gundy was rewarded with a contract extension through the 2013 season.
After posting a 9–3 regular season record in 2008, Coach Gundy received a new seven-year contract worth $15.7 million. The contract, which extends through the 2015 season, was taken into effect on January 1, 2009.[18] Gundy's tenure as head coach of the Cowboys has seen the rise and expansion of not only his football program, but the football facilities as well. The Cowboys began the 2009 season ranked #9 in the country in the AP Top 25, but the dreams of a miracle season were crushed when the Pokes lost 45–35 to the unranked Houston Cougars at home the following week, and later finding out that star wide receiver Dez Bryant was ruled ineligible for the remainder of the season, for lying to the NCAA about having contact with 8-time pro bowler Deion Sanders, which wasn't an NCAA violation in the first place. The following year, Oklahoma State hired Offensive Coordinator Dana Holgorsen from the University of Houston. In 2010 coach Gundy recorded the first ever 11-win season in Oklahoma State history. What was supposed to be a rebuilding year turned into the best in school history.[19]
Under Gundy there have been a series of NFL quality wide receivers to come through Boone Pickens Stadium. These include Adarius Bowman, Dez Bryant, and Justin Blackmon.
On December 3, 2011, the Cowboys won their first Big-12 Championship in school history with a 44–10 victory over rival Oklahoma in the Bedlam Series. The nationally third-ranked Cowboys eventually went on to win the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl by beating fourth-ranked Stanford in overtime, 41–38, on January 2, 2012.
On October 29, 2016, Mike Gundy recorded his 100th victory as a head coach with a 37–20 win over # 10 West Virginia. In the process, notching his sixth victory over a top 10 ranked school. Mike Gundy is the only Oklahoma State football coach to record 100 victories, and only the 6th coach to reach such a milestone with his current school.[20]"

Advertisement
Lulz at Gundy leaving the deeeeeeeep pockets of Pickins. You wanna see a train wreck take a guy that's spent the better part of his career in Stillwater with the Bank of Pickens and drop him at Miami.

Advertisement
Again, this is about the great job Mike leach has done at Washington State, not the record before Richt imploaded I'm 2017.

Then why do you keep bringing up Richt? Let's just talk about Mike Leach, who was 9-2 before getting blown out twice to end 2017, and who was 8-2 before losing three straight to end 2016.

9-2, ended up 9-4
8-2, ended up 8-5

But Richt imploded. Hire Leach.

Then why do you keep bringing up Richt? Let's just talk about Mike Leach, who was 9-2 before getting blown out twice to end 2017, and who was 8-2 before losing three straight to end 2016.

9-2, ended up 9-4
8-2, ended up 8-5

But Richt imploded. Hire Leach.
You posted 10-0, which was Richt's record after the ND win.

Advertisement
Ok, so you can't debate but rather try to deflect?

Part of debating is providing an irrefutable fact, such as "Mike Leach and Mark Richt had good records last November and both imploded, so Leach's record right now is meaningless". An example of poor debate skills would be what you are doing: completely abandoning the topic.

I accept your surrender.

Advertisement
Congrats. At this point last season Richt had Miami ranked 2nd.
gold.jpg

Part of debating is providing an irrefutable fact, such as "Mike Leach and Mark Richt had good records last November and both imploded, so Leach's record right now is meaningless". An example of poor debate skills would be what you are doing: completely abandoning the topic.

I accept your surrender.
I'm not abandoning anything. Part of debate is presenting actual facts and data without getting into a hasty generalizion. Also part of debate is having a logical argument. Nowf you want me to beat you over the head again with actual facts and data, I'll be more than happy to.

I'm not abandoning anything. Part of debate is presenting actual facts and data without getting into a hasty generalizion. Also part of debate is having a logical argument. Nowf you want me to beat you over the head again with actual facts and data, I'll be more than happy to.

You haven't provided a single fact in this thread. You just follow me around complaining because you don't like the facts I'm presenting. Your entire justification for hiring Mike Leach is "he is 8-1 right now". Congrats.

Advertisement
Back