LB Tackett Curtis

Advertisement
Just waiting for an article drop on here lol
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Tackett Curtis spent most of Friday morning side by side with Ed Reed while watching Miami go through their third practice of the spring.

Aside from being an NFL Hall of Famer, Reed is one of the greatest athletes to come out of the state of Louisiana. So naturally, it was a big deal for the Many (La.) product to spend that much time alongside Reed.

“It was a really special moment to me,” Curtis told InsideTheU immediately following his visit. “He’s probably the best safety to ever play the game, so I was getting to learn a little bit of his knowledge and what he was sharing with me for a little over an hour was pretty amazing. I really appreciate him for doing that for me because he didn’t have to do that. It means a lot.”

The nation’s No. 6 linebacker was able to get learn a lot about Miami while in Coral Gables alongside multiple family members.
“They’ve been building a relationship with me for a while now. The main thing that I was able to take away from today was that they’re really trying to turn this place up and change some things. You can see some change going on out on that field with the coaches and how involved the coaches were. Just pushing their guys to be the best that they could. I feel like they’re really trying to get some things going around here,” Curtis said.
The 6-foot-2, 218-pounder got to meet Mario Cristobal and hear his vision for the program.
“We got to speak to him for about 45 minutes and we really enjoyed talking to him,” Curtis said. “He’s a really good and genuine person and he told me some pretty valuable stuff and his plans for the future of this place and what he plans to get done.”
Curtis also got a chance to meet with Charlie Strong who is coaching his position for the Hurricanes under Cristobal.
“It was great talking to him too. He’s a really special coach and it would be really good to be coached by him knowing what he knows, the experience that he has, and the places that he’s been,” Curtis said.
The rising senior picked up a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Ohio State after visiting the Big 10 program earlier this week. He still views the Hurricanes as a contender if the staff continues to show him he’s wanted.
“I loved visiting them today, so if they’re consistent with me and this relationship stays consistent and they continue to talk with me and get me on the phone and let me know what’s going on and investing in me, I’ll keep investing in them.”

Advertisement
Bring me this savage, Charlie Strong
This sentence is a trip. We’ve come so far brother
Season 4 Hug GIF by NBC

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this has already been mentioned but worth repeating, this dude is Bobby Bucher reincarnate. All I need to see is a strip sack fumble returned for a td

Advertisement
How does it go:
“They must have paid through the nose to get this kid”.
“What does it matter? Riley’s teams don’t know how to play defense anyways.”
“Why would someone want to go there to live in Compton?”

I for one am glad to see that they got him instead of OSU.

How does it go:
“They must have paid through the nose to get this kid”.
“What does it matter? Riley’s teams don’t know how to play defense anyways.”
“Why would someone want to go there to live in Compton?”

I for one am glad to see that they got him instead of OSU.

I would add that they landed him thanks to all that [insert ethnic group] Cartel money.

Advertisement
Back