LB Tackett Curtis

Advertisement
I really believe in Wes but he is flat out lost in coverage… maybe year 3 it starts to click but it definitely feels like the offenses were trying to get matchups with him
And see I don’t want to believe it is an ability thing - I want to believe it is one of those things where a guy is just trying to make the “big play” TFL etc, instead of reading his responsibility of playing the TE/RB leaking out the backfield.

He got thrown into the fire as a freshman with mixed results. He was basically a Tasmanian devil handing out head shots and looking lost in coverage at times, but he also flashed his potential.

Lost in coverage….guys need to lay off the “big play” and focus on making the simple winning plays within the defense.

This is why I pound the table for Texas high school football players - that coaching and development is 2nd to none. Our roster should be 2/3 Texas and Florida players - and the rest from around the country. Easier said than done obviously because it seems like we HAVE ZERO TRACTION in the Texas HS football scene.

And see I don’t want to believe it is an ability thing - I want to believe it is one of those things where a guy is just trying to make the “big play” TFL etc, instead of reading his responsibility of playing the TE/RB leaking out the backfield.
I hope the coaches spend the offseason drilling into him how his hunt for “big plays” is targeting him for easy matchups…

Play within the defense and understand when it’s your turn to eat you will… this isn’t HS where your the fastest dude on the field most of the time and you can force things…

Lost in coverage….guys need to lay off the “big play” and focus on making the simple winning plays within the defense.

This is why I pound the table for Texas high school football players - that coaching and development is 2nd to none. Our roster should be 2/3 Texas and Florida players - and the rest from around the country. Easier said than done obviously because it seems like we HAVE ZERO TRACTION in the Texas HS football scene.
Looked better than our sophomore LB Wesley as a true freshman. Wes can’t defend an option to save his life. At least this dude is going to make a big play here and there. He’ll only get better with experience. The only way is up from here. Most LBs make a decent jump from fresh to sophomore year. I would take this dude over Wes any day. Kiko had to tell Wes where to line up and what assignment he had **** near every play!

Advertisement
Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back