LB Tackett Curtis

Advertisement
Dude is a walking 15 yard penalty... lol

He's going to have to be reigned in big time.

Louisiana is a good football state but he just seems like a man amongst boys in his highlights so not sure about competition.

Also not sure about him in a traditional linebacker role without getting a 10 yard head start to get his gears working.

1 thing about it tho... kid is an absolute punisher. I'd love to see what his dad looks like

I need that here;

Be advised, you may get CTE just watching his highlights.

My eyes stayed wide open. My guy was a heat seeking missile literally hitting anyone in sight, w/ or w/o the ball. My goodness.

He’s currently rated as a composite #6 LB in the nation, but bruh was flying in from the S position dang near every play w/ no regard for his health or others.

Verdict? Want.

Visiting us in March, seeing OSU, Stanford, Wisconsin, USC, Michigan State as well.

Interesting list for a kid out of Louisiana (Many). One of the top rated LB’s in the country. Top100 kid. Not sure about the competition? Either bad competition or kid just comes with bad intentions, he brings it.
He’s the real deal

Advertisement
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that, lol. I didn’t watch the whole tape, but the first 4+ minutes is just him playing high safety, lining people up in the run game and knocking their head off lol. Very entertaining, extremely violent and downhill. I see he is about to take his 3rd visit to UW and they are the presumed leader. Here’s to him falling in love with South Florida and Steele/Strong having a plan for him. We could definitely use some of that.
^^^^THIS^^^^ I was thinking the exact same thing. Kid gets a 10yard running start and is trying to kill the offensive players. yes sign me up for that all day everyday as a football coach.

Advertisement
That's some funny *** stuff right there.

Word of advice, slide if you see him coming. Take a knee. Lateral. Do something other than trying to go around him.

The third hit, that's the type of fall you see in a boxing arena. Guy gets hit, nearly out on his feet, knees get all wobbly, and down he goes.
Totally agree on that third hit. Dude fell in slow motion!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that, lol. I didn’t watch the whole tape, but the first 4+ minutes is just him playing high safety, lining people up in the run game and knocking their head off lol. Very entertaining, extremely violent and downhill. I see he is about to take his 3rd visit to UW and they are the presumed leader. Here’s to him falling in love with South Florida and Steele/Strong having a plan for him. We could definitely use some of that.
I’ve never seen a LB lineup with that kind of depth before, he’s like 9 yards deep at Single High & then comes charging in full steam head first lol.

Not a lot of lateral footwork or sideline to sideline ball pursuit, he doesn’t really have to diagnose much because of the depth from which he starts off the play he already knows where the ball is & which gap to shoot, but he’ll have to learn to play much closer to the LOS & won’t have the advantage of having a 9 yard head start lol. He’ll also have to learn how to change direction & flip back towards the ball when playing against heavy cutback zone run schemes in college, plus he’s gonna have to learn to get lower, he plays a little too high & tackles above the torso, which if this was the 1990-00’s NFL he’d be an All-pro, but in today’s game is a penalty waiting to happen...

It’s 2A school in West Louisiana, so the comp isn’t necessarily crazy, but there’s good upside & potential there if he can be taught how to play traditional LB. He’s mainly being recruited as a MIke LB, but I honestly think he could be a pretty good Sam backer in a 4-3 & just let him Blitz until his eyes bleed lol.

1 thing about it tho... kid is an absolute punisher. I'd love to see what his dad looks like
images (1).jpeg

Advertisement
Back