Latest on Highsmith

When’s that billboard going up @305_separatist ? We have to put an end to this incompetent nonsense in coral gables!
So, BJ wants to spend more time and effort hiring a CEO exec to run football operations than he did hiring a HC. This guy is just in a power struggle and is totally incompetent but is fighting to protect his job. Him and Strawley need to get out ASAP. This is unreal.

Advertisement
I said that after receiving confirmation that Zo was interested since that was a major unknown before (whether he would actually accept and come). I couldn't fathom UM and Blake James ******* this up after Zo reciprocated interest but I underestimated Blake's ineptitude and the politics involved.

Honestly. The more you think about it, the crazier it gets. Now, Blake James is doing some sort of half-azzed Machiavelli impersonation.

I think the "leaks" are well placed and intended to keep pressure on Blake. The more the public gets involved , the hotter it is for him and those who can force this hire. The position Highsmith would want (and what the program needs) is far more than some "chief of staff" - my fear is the lesser "chief of staff" will be what we end up with and it won't be Alonzo Highsmith filling the role. It will be done as an appeasement to the public and preserve the authority BJ has over football. I hope I am wrong.

To me, the real crime in all of this is the level of control BJ seems to have over this situation. Those with the $$ have no power and those with the power don't care enough or can't agree . The factions are killing this opportunity

I think the "leaks" are well placed and intended to keep pressure on Blake. The more the public gets involved , the hotter it is for him and those who can force this hire. The position Highsmith would want (and what the program needs) is far more than some "chief of staff" - my fear is the lesser "chief of staff" will be what we end up with and it won't be Alonzo Highsmith filling the role. It will be done as an appeasement to the public and preserve the authority BJ has over football. I hope I am wrong.

To me, the real crime in all of this is the level of control BJ seems to have over this situation. Those with the $$ have no power and those with the power don't care enough or can't agree . The factions are killing this opportunity

If anyone has any smart brain cells left in the BOT when Zo is hired they need to remove Flake completely out of football program. Go handle Badminton. I’m serious.

Advertisement
I really want to sell cars to the posters here.

Poster: I really like this car. The sticker says $30k.
Me: You really want it? Unfortunately the sticker is wrong, it's $35k.
Poster: OK! I want it to happen right now!
Me: Whoops, I misspoke, it's $37k.

I'm obviously getting way ahead here but I was perusing the dumpster fire that was the Browns corching staff. I wouldn't be opposed to Zo somehow bringing Tosh Lupoi with him here too. Kinda put a surrogate recruiter on the staff that Zo could operate through.
That would be a HUGE get.

Advertisement

They have power but the ones with the deepest pockets have the most. If that person is backing Blake than the program will move according to Blake's desires

I said that after receiving confirmation that Zo was interested since that was a major unknown before (whether he would actually accept and come). I couldn't fathom UM and Blake James ******* this up after Zo reciprocated interest but I underestimated Blake's ineptitude and the politics involved.

I had so much hope but this post is just depressing. But please keep us updated as you hear more.

Last edited:
Never underestimate the power of Papi Diaz and the political coalition he runs in Miami. It got the Orange Bowl torn down and Marlins Park built; it can probably ***** this up to save Sonny’s precious job slot.

I weep copious Ferman Tears for Canes Football.

Advertisement
If anyone has any smart brain cells left in the BOT when Zo is hired they need to remove Flake completely out of football program. Go handle Badminton. I’m serious.

I believe that Dave Maggard shut down our nationally-ranked badminton program in the 1990s, for Title IX reasons.

I swear to god, if this does not come to fruition, things are going to get so bad, they are going to have to once again give away game tickets like fun coupons as they did prior to Howard becoming HC.
If this doesn’t happen I’m flying a banner game one against temple. No donations necessary because This banner is on the house! I’m so sick of this ****!!!

I think Highsmith is coming here, but I think you either have to wait til someone gets fired to know the scope of his authority. Cause the press release will sound like his hire was James’ idea.

Advertisement

If they think a lesser COS will appease the fan base, they are sorely mistaken. ****, I forgot Stroud served in the role recently. They will only INCREASE the fervor if they do anything less than create an autonomous GM-type position that answers only to the university president.

Miami has had 4 losing seasons in 40 years. 2 of them are under Blake James. Miami had made the College Baseball post season 44 years in a row. Came to an end under James. Our basketball team won an ACC championship when he started and hasn’t progressed and found itself under FBI witch hunt.

He’s got to go
Billboard ideas @305_separatist . The timing is low my friend! Timing trumps location. Get this thing up and let’s start holding these incompetents accountable by embarrassing them all!

How, this position doesn't exist. If you want to be mad at James, be so. But at least get your facts straight.

He's hired 2 football coaches, one of whom was central to getting the funds raised for the IPF primarily through the team's first 10-win season in a decade. You call that a failure? Ok then.
Fvck you Blake James burner account! Or Fvck you Blake James tranny wife! Either way, Fvck you!

Advertisement
Back