Latest on Highsmith

Hurricane Club has set records for donation and we've had our highest season ticket holder numbers ever the last few years.

Blake needs to at minimum be removed from football operations, but he's raised money and season ticket numbers under his tenure.

The fool just lucked in on the fan support with Richt hire high and the Manny desperation rebound...

... wait till this year.... we will see really what the uber fund raiser is capable of,
he continues with this crap

Last edited:
Advertisement
AH doesn’t have collegiate connections? As the director of scouting? You realize his job was centered around building relationships with those at college programs to learn everything about the kids they have on their team. He has to understand what kind of program they’re coming from... from the scheme they run, how well regarded their position coach is, what is their coordinator doing, what kind of weight room program they have, disciplinary systems in place, etc etc etc. He’s probably got a relationship and understanding of every legit position coach, coordinator, and HC in the P5 and understands what they have in place that’s helping them develop players and who is good at it and what systems do and don’t work.

In that role you spend more time focusing on your college connections than you do NFL. The draft is the life support of your franchise.
To piggy back on your point. I saw someone question why AH should be involved in the OC search. The connections you detailed in your post highlight the insights he would have. Also the fact that while scouting players you would also get a sense of what schools "systems" took advantage of certain skill sets. When scouting you have to also determine how good a player is and how much of the players success is based on the system he plays in. While scouting college players do your really think he hasn't seen various offenses and concepts. I agree 100% that AH brings a boat load of knowledge insight and guidance to the school if/when hired.

AH doesn’t have collegiate connections? As the director of scouting? You realize his job was centered around building relationships with those at college programs to learn everything about the kids they have on their team. He has to understand what kind of program they’re coming from... from the scheme they run, how well regarded their position coach is, what is their coordinator doing, what kind of weight room program they have, disciplinary systems in place, etc etc etc. He’s probably got a relationship and understanding of every legit position coach, coordinator, and HC in the P5 and understands what they have in place that’s helping them develop players and who is good at it and what systems do and don’t work.

In that role you spend more time focusing on your college connections than you do NFL. The draft is the life support of your franchise.
Fighting the flu I didn't have the energy to debunk the referenced post but thank you for taking the time @mjackson6
Again, just because he is a Miami guy it shouldn't exclude him from being highly considered. But some "elite thinking" people rather have someone "with experience" coming from a northeast small school. Those AD's know better because the are not dumb "Miami guys"

Last edited:
Chief of Staff - As described by Blake on his interview:
A) Reports to Manny. Similar to Stroud earlier in year and perhaps can be a non field coach.
B) This wouldn't be Alonzo.
C) If this is what Blake had in mind for Zo, he's an idiot. What he really talked to Zo about probably won't come out till later.

Football Ops:
A) What Zo has in mind. What me & people here have in mind reporting directly to president.
B) Replaces Strawley role which makes her job obsolete
C) Takes away all football power from Blake, Manny & Strawley.
D) NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Painful realization but looks like we will have to let this season play out since the BOTs won't make things happen and hope Manny falls flat. I feel like if this season is a failure, heads will roll beside Manny.
8 wins or more, everyone retains job. So failure or "progress": what do you all want?

A) Reports to Manny. Similar to Stroud earlier in year and perhaps can be a non field coach.
C) If this is what Blake had in mind for Zo, he's an idiot. What he really talked to Zo about probably won't come out till later.

Football Ops:
A) What Zo has in mind. What me & people here have in mind reporting directly to president.
D) NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Painful realization but looks like we will have to let this season play out since the BOTs won't make things happen and hope Manny falls flat. I feel like if this season is a failure, heads will roll beside Manny.
8 wins or more, everyone retains job. So failure or "progress": what do you all want?
Even reporting to this President is potentially a problem.

Advertisement
Even reporting to this President is potentially a problem.
Well, he needs to report to someone so if he's reporting to him with big bags of cash due to UM apparel sales being sky high due to UM
conaiatently being in New Year's Day bowls along with those payouts and no sanctions, he/she should be pleased and stay out of the way. Unless he's Tad Foote

To piggy back on your point. I saw someone question why AH should be involved in the OC search. The connections you detailed in your post highlight the insights he would have. Also the fact that while scouting players you would also get a sense of what schools "systems" took advantage of certain skill sets. When scouting you have to also determine how good a player is and how much of the players success is based on the system he plays in. While scouting college players do your really think he hasn't seen various offenses and concepts. I agree 100% that AH brings a boat load of knowledge insight and guidance to the school if/when hired.

Spot on. I made this point in another thread that even if Highsmith doesn't have power, he still can be useful bringing stuff (all you mention) to the table that can benefit the program.

Now that he is out of work he might be more than willing to take a step down. He can probably go back to scouting in NFL but if he wants to help the program that got things started for him, come home, and get paid, the opportunity is there. I assume we can match what an NFL scout can make.

Hurricane Club has set records for donation and we've had our highest season ticket holder numbers ever the last few years.

Blake needs to at minimum be removed from football operations, but he's raised money and season ticket numbers under his tenure.

Well if this continues we will set a new low for season tickets for the upcoming year.

The main reason i would like to see AH here is because i believe he could fix the relationships with SFla high schools. Not saying wed land all the best players still but...

He is very well respected and i dont think we would see the same level of fu*kery from these schools if he was in charge of football ops

Advertisement
Well, he needs to report to someone so if he's reporting to him with big bags of cash due to UM apparel sales being sky high due to UM
conaiatently being in New Year's Day bowls along with those payouts and no sanctions, he/she should be pleased and stay out of the way. Unless he's Tad Foote
Understood. Reporting to the AD is no bueno. Reporting to the President is better. I would prefer that the BOT have a 3 person football committee and he report directly to them, which for me would be the best option.

Spot on. I made this point in another thread that even if Highsmith doesn't have power, he still can be useful bringing stuff (all you mention) to the table that can benefit the program.

Now that he is out of work he might be more than willing to take a step down. He can probably go back to scouting in NFL but if he wants to help the program that got things started for him, come home, and get paid, the opportunity is there. I assume we can match what an NFL scout can make.
Also might be willing to take a pay cut with us due to the Browns having to pay out his contract.

Football Ops:
D) NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

I love my Canes....
But.....
🤦🏿‍♂️ I vote failure.

I don't understand this. I dont run a school but getting money from any direction would be good for the school.
Why not go back and do what's good for the school and make the foot all program real again n not have tards run a program that they have no experience in....
Get money from football program, make in relevant and take that money for football n education.
Anyone have the stats on education when we were doing well in football till now?

This shiiit is just common sense

Advertisement
Having Vilma on the BoT has to be a good thing. He’s probably the only voice of reason in a sea of clueless members regarding the football program, or athletics in general.

Having Vilma on the BoT has to be a good thing. He’s probably the only voice of reason in a sea of clueless members regarding the football program, or athletics in general.
I ran into him before the Fiesta Bowl. Super good guy.

Bowl Update: to date, as of 1/1/20, Miami has been the only team to have been shut out this bowl season.

Good times!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back