Latest on Highsmith

Again, his bosses like him. He's in good standing with them primarily because he fundraises so well. They're not getting rid of him now so it makes no sense to be mad about it, IMO.
Will see how good of money maker he is this coming up year with an empty stadium, billboards up and planes flying game one! Because that’s what’s gonna happen and his incompetence brought it all on himself!

Advertisement
BJ delaying the decision to hire Alonzo Highsmith or any CEO executive until after the OC is hired confirms we have the most incompetent AD/admin in the country. Just pathetic! Don't renew your season tix or donate another dime to this school until further notice.

Seriously. You hire Highsmith first then have his input on the next OC. Not the other way around. smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
if ur highsmith, you demand that you have the ability to fire and hire anyone. bring him in and let him choose the HC on down.

If you listen to Blake James interview, that’s not what him or Diaz is looking for. That’s why this deal won’t get done. They want someone who will report to Manny and assist. It will be some random no name person at the end of the day.

just timeline stuff, but john dorsey is scheduled to talk today. i dont think barry jackson is a good source on this since he doesnt ever scoop anything, hes a PR piece for the local teams. remember he was still being no commented when reynolds broke the enos story.

If you listen to Blake James interview, that’s not what him or Diaz is looking for. That’s why this deal won’t get done. They want someone who will report to Manny and assist. It will be some random no name person at the end of the day.

oh i heard it. im just saying thats what highsmith should demand. its like an NFL team. you cant bring in a new gm and not allow him to pick his own HC.

Advertisement

Exactly. The two things I took away from Flake's comments there:

A) It's not an immediate priority.
B) He kept reiterating that it was actually Manny's idea and he kept using the term "chief of staff"- ie a right hand man TO Manny

lmao at this clown show. Why would you give the worst P5 coach and arguably the worst d1 coach out there even less accountability after the trash we just witnessed?

Blake and everyone want to win. Simple reason, it secures their job.

The idea that Highsmith, or anyone for that matter, comes in with full control of the football problem doesn't make sense either. What would Blake's purpose then be? I'm not saying there's other things an AD doesn't do, but football is a big part of it.

1. If winning secures their job, how is Blake employed?
2. Blake has no purpose now. He certainly can’t handle the management of the football program, which is by far his biggest revenue sport, so why retain him?
3. If everyone “wants” to win, how do you explain their actions? How can you explain the apathy, waste, lack of accountability and gross incompetence that taints this program?

Advertisement
Funny how the “wants to win” part gets clouded by ego and power. I don’t know how many more lousy decisions a guy has to make, costing millions of dollars and torpedoing a legacy before people above him say “enough”.

Who cares if he “wants to win”? He has been atrocious at doing it. He has failed numerous times and I am unclear why he still is in his position (puppet or not).

That's what they said publicly. I think what is being discussed has no bearing on that position at all.

Advertisement
Back