Latest on Highsmith

Blake and everyone want to win. Simple reason, it secures their job.

The idea that Highsmith, or anyone for that matter, comes in with full control of the football problem doesn't make sense either. What would Blake's purpose then be? I'm not saying there's other things an AD doesn't do, but football is a big part of it.

Run all the other sports and raise money.

Advertisement
Question: If UM wants Highsmith in a top role, why cant he be hired first then they find an offensive coordinator? Why would he want to come in AFTER a coordinator us found??

UM is a dumb football school plain and simple.
That's the point bro. If OC hired before Zo I doubt he comes because he obviously doesn't have final say. This is a power struggle. That's why all the leaks. One camp wants Zo to have full control. One camp wants Zo to basically have a ceremonial basically advisor role that reports to James. Why would he come for the second? All out war behind the scenes. I have no doubt booster and BOT are aligned in both camps. PURE SPECULATION on my part I am not an insider have no sources.

Advertisement
The point is very simple, Flake Blake is NOT "just now starting his search".

First, he acknowledged that Manny brought up the "Chief of Staff" position in his interview. A YEAR AGO.

Second, Alonzo is a UM alum and everyone knows his resume.

Third, there have been "rumors" for weeks.

So let's not pretend that the "search" just started in the last 24 hours, or that Flake Blake would be "rushing it" if he hires Alonzo.

That's just a load of bullcrap. This thing has been looming for weeks.

If Flake Blake botches this, I will make every effort to punch him in the nuts at the very next Hurricane Club event.
We can get NYSOM to lure him to the bathroom and shank him! LOL

Disclaimer for the simpletons: THIS WAS A JOKE AND IN NO WAY, DO I OR CIS ENDORSE A PHYSICAL ATTACK.

Last edited:
Blake James doesn't want to relinquish all control over the football program. It would diminish his AD "stature" and make it hard for him to land another prestigious AD gig if/when he gets fired if/when Manny has a terrible year 2. Alonzo would survive Manny and Blake getting fired and this balance of powers is creating complexity.
No words. Absolutely no words.

Advertisement
BJ is quite convincingly landing more HC donations and season ticket purchases with his latest tomfoolery.

Stupid is a choice.

Advertisement
I don't believe that Blake James wants anything to do with a person in a position to undercut his authority.

I don't believe that Alonzo wants anything to do with a position that doesn't have that authority.

Until something actually happens, I see this all as smoke and mirrors: something to distract the mob. I see James as any other politician whose focus is maintaining his gig by all means short of actually doing his job.

UM reporters blow.

The Cleveland reports nonchalantly saying this is done hold more weight. If Zo has authority this could be our saving grace.
Barry doesn’t like to be beaten to the story. He lets twitter noise move him

Advertisement
Blake and everyone want to win. Simple reason, it secures their job.

The idea that Highsmith, or anyone for that matter, comes in with full control of the football problem doesn't make sense either. What would Blake's purpose then be? I'm not saying there's other things an AD doesn't do, but football is a big part of it.
Funny how the “wants to win” part gets clouded by ego and power. I don’t know how many more lousy decisions a guy has to make, costing millions of dollars and torpedoing a legacy before people above him say “enough”.

I fell asleep yesterday thinking this was done. Now, I awake to it possibly being ****ed up? Give me a break.

I fell asleep 15 years ago thinking Miami football was still idiot proof if we could just avoid the NCAA trying to destroy us. Now, I awake to see it being beyond ****ed up. Give me a break.

Advertisement
Back