Latest on Highsmith

I managed to wire tap the conversation between the transvestite loving former head of ticket sales and Zo

Zo: "Hey *******, if you're lucky I'll take the job but closest thing you're coming to the football program is fund raising events"

Unqualified unathletic director : " I need to interview a few more people first, we'll get back to you"

Advertisement
I mean, he's showing he's willing to hire someone who has better knowledge of football ops than him and now you're criticizing it? Ok then.

Criticize him if he doesn't do it, IMO. But if he's willing to let someone else have authority who's better suited to make these decisions, I'm all for that.
Please post less. No one will be mad if you do. Just sayin

If you punch him in the nuts and get it on video, you'll be a living legend. I'll personally guarantee the bail money and you'll have the money for your attorney so fast it'll make the posters in the billboard thread heads spin.

Serious, not serious. Would be epic, but assault charges aren't good for resumes.
He’s got a vag. Come on we all know his wife has the nuts in that family

Advertisement
My guess is he is passing on highsmith for nobody. Blake and Manny gonna drive off the cliff together like Thelma and Louise

Definitely their play. These two dimwits really don't want anyone else getting involved. Bringing in Highsmith is cutting the legs off both of these clowns. James needs to be fired asap, and a new AD hired along with Highsmith

The school has money. They've been cheap about spending it towards athletics. There's outside pressure to change that, but that's not going to change overnight in a dramatic way and we're also never going to spend like an SEC school because we don't generate that kind of revenue. That's why James is important. That all said, that doesn't make him impervious from criticism and *if* he hires Zo, that at least shows he's willing to let someone with better experience make football decisions. Isn't that what we all want in the end?
Fundraising is much much easier when you win. He has proven every time he sucks at it. He has spent an unbelievable amount on buy outs and poor attendance revenue.

Advertisement
If our only hope is that either the BOT stops being retarded or we hire a new president that actually cares about sports, our football program is dead for the next ******* decade too

No, that was the option all along I’ll bet. The call to Highsmith was merely due diligence to establish a record of Blake making a call.

This was ALWAYS bullsh*t, thought up by Blake and his people to get through a news cycle. It took me a while to get that, but the leaks to Jackson were planted from the Hecht.

“Salazzo is a pimp. It was Barzini all along!” Always a good Rule of Thumb to keep in mind when reading Barry Jackson’s stuff about the Canes.
Have to agree. Its laughable to think that James is making an OC a priority over a FB GM, who, presumably, would have as his first order of business, a search for an OC. Tells me that James is stunningly incompetent and/or doesn't want the GM to happen, doing what he can to prevnt it and tossing a bone to Jackson. Jesus H. Christ., This guy is shytting all over the legacy of UM football and he’s being allowed to do it. OC my ***.

Advertisement
Blake James doesn't want to relinquish all control over the football program. It would diminish his AD "stature" and make it hard for him to land another prestigious AD gig if/when he gets fired if/when Manny has a terrible year 2. Alonzo would survive Manny and Blake getting fired and this balance of powers is creating complexity.

Blake James doesn't want to relinquish all control over the football program. It would diminish his AD "stature" and make it hard for him to land another prestigious AD gig if/when he gets fired if/when Manny has a terrible year 2. Alonzo would survive Manny and Blake getting fired and this balance of powers is creating complexity.
How is this any new information from hours ago, though? You said it would take a Grudenesque setback for it not to happen. Blake knew this would diminish his role earlier today too.

How is this any new information from hours ago, though? You said it would take a Grudenesque setback for it not to happen. Blake knew this would diminish his role earlier today too.
I said that after receiving confirmation that Zo was interested since that was a major unknown before (whether he would actually accept and come). I couldn't fathom UM and Blake James ******* this up after Zo reciprocated interest but I underestimated Blake's ineptitude and the politics involved.

Advertisement
Like how the **** is the BoT just not going over Blake ******* James and hiring Highsmith and putting him completely in charge of the football program. Strip Blake of any control of the football program and put it in the hands of someone who actually wants to ******* win.

Blake and everyone want to win. Simple reason, it secures their job.

The idea that Highsmith, or anyone for that matter, comes in with full control of the football problem doesn't make sense either. What would Blake's purpose then be? I'm not saying there's other things an AD doesn't do, but football is a big part of it.

Man what a thread to catch up on! Got back from vacation to a whirlwind of news..

Got back and had my season ticket renewal waiting for me. Lol!! I put that in a drawer for now.

Only at UM could they let news like this leak, then virtually ***** it up. If this doesn’t happen it will be a catastrophic mess. No other way to put it. They would have to hire an A+ OC to get from under this or the offseason will be filled with questions about Zo and nobody will care about anything else.

At this point I know I don’t. It’s hire a top flight OC and a offensive staff, hire Zo, or someone else can have my seats for the first time in 37 years.

It’s a fake position that doesn’t make sense. No top coach is going to listen to him unless he has firing authority.

I was just going to post this. The tea leaves read:

Blake: Zo you interested?
Zo: I'm the boss
Blake: What was that sir?
Zo: I'm the boss
Blake: Let me get back to you

Hold up is Zo having hiring/firing power. Otherwise it's just a figurehead position.

If Zo comes and has firing power, Manny may not see the second signing day.

Advertisement
Back