Latest on Highsmith

Advertisement
Will see how good of money maker he is this coming up year with an empty stadium, billboards up and planes flying game one! Because that’s what’s gonna happen and his incompetence brought it all on himself!

I don't get this BJ, the uber fundraiser part... he lucked in on the indoor practice facility funding due to the Richt hire momentum... then lucked out when Richt stepped down....

What the **** ???

Advertisement
If you listen to Blake James interview, that’s not what him or Diaz is looking for. That’s why this deal won’t get done. They want someone who will report to Manny and assist. It will be some random no name person at the end of the day.

Why the he11 should anyone care about what Manuel thinks? He needs to be fired asap...

Advertisement
All they care about is money.......

Derp let's ruining our most profitable sport.

Hiring Zo they'd pay his salary in ticket sales alone from the hype.

They could have the "fundraising" and football revenue. Can't "handicap" poor Blake.

If you listen to Blake James interview, that’s not what him or Diaz is looking for. That’s why this deal won’t get done. They want someone who will report to Manny and assist. It will be some random no name person at the end of the day.
I think the word you are looking for is another yes man. Same reason Patke and Banda are safe on this basura staff.

Advertisement
Maybe I missed something but what is Pete saying? Is he breaking news here? Guessing Blake was successful in killing the Alonzo hire.
I don’t know, but I assumed he was reacting to what Barry Jackson tweeted last night. That they want to look at other candidates and will be in touch “down the road”.

Advertisement
All of this proves is that BJ and Manuel are just looking to distract the fans for a couple of months until the heat wears off...

I'm not inclined at all to give James the benefit of the doubt. He's awful. However, if there is any hesitation about hiring Alonzo, it'd be whether James could find someone who can be a better bridge between football and the administration/academia. Ideally, the "chief of staff" can play the administration deftly and politically to amass more resources. Can Alonzo play that role? Or will he be seen as a pure "football guy" and nothing more? I don't know.

Since I'm just speculating here, let me offer more speculation about a guy who I think could fit the bill . . . Gino Toretta. From his wiki page, "Torretta followed his NFL career with a position at Wachovia Securities as a Senior Financial Advisor. He is Chairman/CEO of Touchdown Radio, broadcasting an NCAA game of the week on national radio. He is also an NCAA football expert on Sirius/XM channel 91—College Sports Nation. Torretta is Vice President for GAMCO Asset Management, working with Institutional clients nationwide and working out of the firm's Palm Beach office." This is the type of background (football + corporate) of someone that could quietly pull strings with the non-football side in favor of the football side.

Advertisement
Back