Latest on Highsmith

Speculating is going to help you figure out what?

Nothing. On this topic, I haven't heard a peep from my one source (from the Frenk firing thread). I'm just another message board poster like you for now. All I'm saying is theres a lot that goes behind a "chief of staff" type role which dictates what Alonzo will or wont be able to do.

Also R.I.P. to Nipsey one of my favorite rappers.

Advertisement
Rooting for the team regardless of who is coach is independent of having a “deep seeded hatred” for Manny as a coach. Stop getting so triggered over my personal sentiment of Manny who cares? I don’t know manny personally so I can’t hate him personally and again it doesn’t matter.

what matters is we lost to f*cking FIU dude... FIU!

You brought up the deep seated hatred. That kind of hate is personal in my opinion. Maybe you mean it another way. Not triggered by it at all. Though if you were my kid I'd slap you a good one across the head and tell you to deal with it.

we aren’t getting what we think we are. This CoS spot is going to be a joke.

Attachments

• F3162133-8844-4EC3-8E70-42CB92084D62.png
    F3162133-8844-4EC3-8E70-42CB92084D62.png
    263 KB · Views: 375
I'd be shocked if he is coming to be a "yes man". He still has to answer to somebody, maybe BOT, President, maybe James? But that doesn't mean he will not be given the resources, authority, and accountability he needs to do his job. That said I'd be curious to see the job description. Must be something they had to create for his position.

Let me create one off-the-cuff fictitious example:

Manny offers a local 5 star kid. A month later the kid gets arrested and charged with rape. It becomes a prominent local story given the kid's status as a 5 star. The female later recants her story and the charges are dropped. Can Highsmith sign off on the offer to this local 5 star recruit or will he need to convene the same *** crowd in the Athletic Department and genuflect to them for approval? or are they not directly involved in football operations? Other??

Advertisement
Advertisement
"the" run play? It wasn't one play that lost us that game, it was the fact that we went away from alonzo for almost the entire 4th, that we lost.

Yes, the last play of the Fiesta Bowl game against Ped State when Vinnie tossed the 8th interception of his college bowl career. Its my understanding (based on friends of friends with several coaches on that staff) that Gary Stevens called a run play but Vinnie checked to a pass.

Advertisement
Supposedly the hold up is how much power he’ll have and will he be over the entire football program/ manny.

If he isn’t it makes no sense and its a publicity stunt for the fans by the administration.
Of course, so the doubters are correct and Miami will **** away a golden opportunity. We can't have nice things.

This is just to placate fans. Highsmith is out of a job, gonna fleece UM for north of 500 k for a year or two, and no real changes will be made. He'll bolt to the NFL and nothing gets fixed. UM doesn't care about football.

Hightower has options at the NFL level. Let's not kid ourselves.

If he comes here, it means he was given real power. That'll be the key to determine whether or not the administration is finally ready to win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back