Latest on Highsmith

Let me create one off-the-cuff fictitious example:

Manny offers a local 5 star kid. A month later the kid gets arrested and charged with rape. It becomes a prominent local story given the kid's status as a 5 star. The female later recants her story and the charges are dropped. Can Highsmith sign off on the offer to this local 5 star recruit or will he need to convene the same *** crowd in the Athletic Department and genuflect to them for approval? or are they not directly involved in football operations? Other??

Well if the kid is black, he can beat them to the punch and claim they are being racist. That will shut them up.

Advertisement
The thing that some Canes fans tend to forget is that former players and even some non player alumni like yours truly have an inexplicable obsession with making Miami football great again. You should listen to the Romberg podcast from a couple days ago. Highsmith said he would leave the NFL for college ONLY for the University of Miami. That's right- even if Oregon or Bama came knocking, he isn't interested. Romberg himself said he would love to become an OL coach but wouldn't be willing to make the effort for any team except Miami. I believe that sentiment is more common than the mopers realize. Ed Reed has millions in the bank and no need for a job but I suspect if he was offered a coaching position at Miami, he would accept (but wouldn't for any other team). And yes- I also believe Mario Cristobal covets the Miami job. Would he leave a good team at Oregon for Miami? Yes. No one doubts Urban Meyer would leave a 12-0 Ohio State team for a 1 win Notre Dame team in a heartbeat. It's his dream.

I get the sense that Cristobal wants to be the guy who brings back the U of the 80s. Is it irrational? Sure. But irrational doesn't mean it's not the truth.

Of course, so the doubters are correct and Miami will **** away a golden opportunity. We can't have nice things.

Feels like some on here are hoping this doesnt happen so they can **** and moan. Him here in some capacity is better than nothing IMO but yes he needs to have control over football ops

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake wants this to happen so there’s a scapegoat. Go ahead and be happy. This is a ******* catastrophe because it means more of James.

Wouldn't be my first choice but I would rock with that. But would he do it? Doubt it. I have been wrong before though.
Normally I'd agree with you, but after thinking about it, there's no way Manny has any stock to be a HC literally anywhere. Right now Temple is so happy we "stole" him away from them. Becoming a DC here would actually be a smart move for him if he was offered that, as there's zero prospects he could entertain outside of that.

Then again, it's because it's a smart move that he actually might not do it.

The thing that some Canes fans tend to forget is that former players and even some non player alumni like yours truly have an inexplicable obsession with making Miami football great again. You should listen to the Romberg podcast from a couple days ago. Highsmith said he would leave the NFL for college ONLY for the University of Miami. That's right- even if Oregon or Bama came knocking, he isn't interested. Romberg himself said he would love to become an OL coach but wouldn't be willing to make the effort for any team except Miami. I believe that sentiment is more common than the mopers realize. Ed Reed has millions in the bank and no need for a job but I suspect if he was offered a coaching position at Miami, he would accept (but wouldn't for any other team). And yes- I also believe Mario Cristobal covets the Miami job. Would he leave a good team at Oregon for Miami? Yes. No one doubts Urban Meyer would leave a 12-0 Ohio State team for a 1 win Notre Dame team in a heartbeat. It's his dream.

I get the sense that Cristobal wants to be the guy who brings back the U of the 80s. Is it irrational? Sure. But irrational doesn't mean it's not the truth.

I think most fans are on board with what you're saying regarding the former players and alumni wanting to come back and Make UM football great again. Its just a sad state of affairs that the people currently employed by UM's Athletic Department do not have that same desire.

Advertisement
Nah I finally have confidence on this one.

Think these BOT people are finally tired of being called out.

I smell a rat: the Stadium Thief, who tore down OUR Orange Bowl to help build Marlins Park, is trying to protect his son.

You keep Sonny Boy where he is by making the conditions for Highsmith’s employment unacceptable to Highsmith: a Yes Man for James.

Advertisement
Best part of all this... if for some reason blake can’t figure out a way to make the highsmith thing happen... the fan base will go nuts... he is basically boxed into doing this or firing manny at this point

So back to thinking it doesn’t happen and some random person fills this pointless position below Manny on the hierarchy chart.

Normally I'd agree with you, but after thinking about it, there's no way Manny has any stock to be a HC literally anywhere. Right now Temple is so happy we "stole" him away from them. Becoming a DC here would actually be a smart move for him if he was offered that, as there's zero prospects he could entertain outside of that.

Then again, it's because it's a smart move that he actually might not do it.
100% agree with the logic.

Advertisement
Back