Latest on Highsmith

Advertisement
Predictable if you’ve been a fan of this program for the last 20 years. Not mad to be honest. At this point you have to hope for a complete Hecht implosion. Hiring Zo didn’t address the actual problem in Coral Gables

I lead too many things in my personal/professional life. I just don't have it in me. (Plus I live in Central FL) I do agree with your sentiment though. I shouldn't complain if I don't want to be proactive or part of the answer.

Do what you can. Write an email. Call. Get in touch with the BOTs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
No one in their right mind voluntarily relinquishes power and control in their job. So Blake isn’t doing this voluntarily. Plus it could have consequences that require reviewing his contract.

but this junction is critical. We need to put maximum pressure on the system.

Advertisement
How, this position doesn't exist. If you want to be mad at James, be so. But at least get your facts straight.

He's hired 2 football coaches, one of whom was central to getting the funds raised for the IPF primarily through the team's first 10-win season in a decade. You call that a failure? Ok then.
QP applauds the captain of the titanic for getting the bands to play nice music after the whole iceberg incident thing.

You didn’t answer one question above.

Perhaps it just isn't what you wanted to hear. It is a clear answer to number there and partially one.

You realize buyouts cost money. Say those who brought Manny here said enough is enough, where does the money come from to pay his buyout? Those same people. So who is going to hold them accountable, you're really asking? Nobody.

One, winning is the goal. It takes hiring the right guy to do that. See my last two posts on money. Want more, you figure out where to get it from.

Blake will be a scapegoat. That's two. He deserves whatever comes his way, but he's just a guy being given marching orders. Same as a lot of our other AD's. We aren't a big school with tons of money, so our AD's will always be dependent on high level donors. They know that, all sides. These are powerful people who like being in charge behind the scenes and rarely admit being wrong. So what's it matter if Blake or the next guy is there. They want something done, the athletic department, they look up.

Advertisement
Back