Latest on Highsmith

Advertisement
The only thing i can see and HOPE is what Omar is reporting is coming from AH camp to basically to get the fans and maybe some of our boosters riled up and force Blakes hand that AH may take another job

I’m not saying I know anything but keep in mind:

Omar Kelly isn’t the most reliable source
It could be a game of poker with Highsmith pushing for more money or power

Who knows

I do think there’s a chance that this is posturing by Highsmith.

if he wants hiring/firing power and Blake isn’t willing to give him that, this is exactly what I’d leak to try and force James’ hand.

one can hope...

I thought this too; but the problem with this thought is that Highsmith doesn't have a whole lot of leverage. It's not like James wants or needs Highsmith (or anyone else in that role). That'll only lessen his political prowess. I mean, why hire someone that can challenge your very role?
Reason being that Blake and Manny’s seats are literally and figuratively catching on fire

Advertisement
I'm starting to think Blake James was directly appointed by the NCAA as perpetual sanctions for all that **** we did in the 80's.

It's the only explanation. In any other program or organization he never would have gotten the job based on his qualifications, and he most definitely would have been fired by now.

I'm starting to think Blake James was directly appointed by the NCAA as perpetual sanctions for all that **** we did in the 80's.

It's the only explanation. In any other program or organization he never would have gotten the job based on his qualifications, and he most definitely would have been fired by now.

Actually not that crazy as it sounds. For a program to have as much success as we've had to now suddenly have almost nothing ever go right is a little fishy.

Advertisement
Reason being that Blake and Manny’s seats are literally and figuratively catching on fire

There is nothing to suggest that Blake's seat is hot. I'd go as far as to suggest that he's safe. Think about it. It certainly appears that Blake is a good company man. I have a feeling that he's controlled by the folks on top. Why would the higher-ups remove Blake and replace with an AD that is going to push hard for the football team or for athletics in general?

People above him have been giving the money, aka marching orders for a long time. Same with previous coaches. How do you think the money was raised to get him out of Temple, pay for Enos, etc? They aren't all in agreement, but it would take a lot of people saying they were wrong on Manny and these aren't people used to saying they were wrong. Manny was very well liked when he was brought back.
How many more community colleges do they have to lise to to admit they made a mistake? I guess we’re gonna find out,

Advertisement
Advertisement
We've went through this before and you never answered that post. I will gladly post the link here.

If you did respond, then just send me the link.

Perhaps it just isn't what you wanted to hear. It is a clear answer to number there and partially one.

Which question did you specifically answer? My questions were about Blake James. Not sure what the buyout has to do with anything. Are you talking about Blake's contract and buying it out?

You realize buyouts cost money. Say those who brought Manny here said enough is enough, where does the money come from to pay his buyout?

What does this have to do with Blake James and replacing him?

One, winning is the goal. It takes hiring the right guy to do that. See my last two posts on money. Want more, you figure out where to get it from.

If winning is the goal, we've done NOTHING that gets us closer to winning and dominating the Coastal.

See this Post: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/coaching-salaries-and-the-coastal.157250/

See this Post: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/52-33-under-blake-james.153380/#post-4281375

Blake will be a scapegoat. That's two. He deserves whatever comes his way, but he's just a guy being given marching orders. Same as a lot of our other AD's. We aren't a big school with tons of money, so our AD's will always be dependent on high level donors. They know that, all sides. These are powerful people who like being in charge behind the scenes and rarely admit being wrong. So what's it matter if Blake or the next guy is there. They want something done, the athletic department, they look up.

This goes back to the post you never responded to. We live in an artificial set of parameters, nobody is saying we have all the money in the world. I'm saying we can do a lot better especially compared to our competition in the Coastal. We choose to employ Blake James and this current process. It is either one of the following Positions...

Position #1: Blake James has been fully in control since he was appointed athletic director; why would anyone consider allowing him to have more time?

Position #2: Blake James doesn’t have control of the athletic department, if that is the case, what purpose does he serve? Why keep him?

My point is clear: It is time to bring in a competent AD with passion and autonomy. There are cheap and proven options available. One makes less than $600K and is up north.

Seriously, if Highsmith lands this job, who do you think he brings in as OC, DC, and OL coach? He’s not leaving that up to Diaz.

That's how you'd get winston moss back in the fold, these guys need men they can respect, when you got coaches that look like they're cowing down on the sidelines, so will the players. The coach with the strongest mentality on the coaching staff is coach rumph, followed by coach ****inson, after that, the rest of them, ccoach stubblefield has a strong mental game too, but the rest of them, coach banda is definitely on the come up. Imagine having winston moss as the d-co, wont be to much smiling and giggling on the sidelines, and im sure he'd throw those chains in the trash. Only shutouts might get rewarded, we 6 & 7 and will still pulling out chains, lol. I can guarantee you, highsmith would tell coach diaz to find another way to motivate the team, like using wins!

Advertisement
Back