Latest from Ivins

Listened to Shodell on the weekly podcast in the eve of NSD and he was spot on with all predictions. Have to give him props and calling it like it is. I don’t subscribe to his site.
Shodell was spot on this year. After he got played by the Lakeland boys last year, he wised up. Way more conservative and is very suspect of the bull****.

Advertisement
The hardest part is seeing how the local guys don't care about Miami. We've become a second-tier / third-tier program in the eyes of many of these kids. We know what Miami was, is, and can be. We've mythologized the Miami teams of the 80's, early 90's, and early 2000's, and for good reason. But the local kids don't care. These kids that signed last week, turned 5 in Larry Coker's last year and have seen nothing but a constant stream of mediocrity. We offered a legacy kid at a position of need, whose DAD played for the great Miami teams, and we lost out on him to UCF. Think about that.

The point of this post is that I hope we recognize, as do the coaches, that us being Miami means nothing anymore. It's what 16 years of mediocrity will do to any program. It's a testament to the Miami brand, and not the coaches, that they were just able to sign a Top 15 Class with some top of the line players. But another 6-6 season and we're done. Manny needs to ask himself why Nebraska could come in and swoop a handful of Miami kids within a few weeks? Why did some top local kids never even consider Miami? Who are your coaches? How are they recruiting? How are you going to coach them up? Because Miami is now just another 7-8 win program trying to catch the Oregons, Washingtons, and Auburns of the world to some day make a leap at Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

The list of players still available is upsetting to many of us because Miami, with all the talent in the tri-county area, should have its class 95 percent full already, maybe holding 1 or 2 scholarships. It's just the kids in our own backyard aren't buying it, and many of them were never interested.

The hardest part is seeing how the local guys don't care about Miami. We've become a second-tier / third-tier program in the eyes of many of these kids. We know what Miami was, is, and can be. We've mythologized the Miami teams of the 80's, early 90's, and early 2000's, and for good reason. But the local kids don't care. These kids that signed last week, turned 5 in Larry Coker's last year and have seen nothing but a constant stream of mediocrity. We offered a legacy kid at a position of need, whose DAD played for the great Miami teams, and we lost out on him to UCF. Think about that.

The point of this post is that I hope we recognize, as do the coaches, that us being Miami means nothing anymore. It's what 16 years of mediocrity will do to any program. It's a testament to the Miami brand, and not the coaches, that they were just able to sign a Top 15 Class with some top of the line players. But another 6-6 season and we're done. Manny needs to ask himself why Nebraska could come in and swoop a handful of Miami kids within a few weeks? Why did some top local kids never even consider Miami? Who are your coaches? How are they recruiting? How are you going to coach them up? Because Miami is now just another 7-8 win program trying to catch the Oregons, Washingtons, and Auburns of the world to some day make a leap at Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

The list of players still available is upsetting to many of us because Miami, with all the talent in the tri-county area, should have its class 95 percent full already, maybe holding 1 or 2 scholarships. It's just the kids in our own backyard aren't buying it, and many of them were never interested.
Nebraska came to Florida with their checkbook, and it was checkmate.

Remember when this goof Cooney made the same tweet last year...But we like... really were done? and whiffed? These dudes just embarrass themselves and the team on twitter.
**** Cooney’s Twitter muscles are rippling. Funny thing is these clowns keep stomping on that flaming bag of poo every time it’s thrown on their porch. We heard all the same dopey machismo last year.

Advertisement
The problem with this staff is they haven’t come to realize that they chase these 5 Stars that aren’t coming here. They always feel confident about them and they choose to go elsewhere. They are either dumb *** rocks or don’t know when they are getting played. What makes it worse is they let kids that are talented and want to be here go elsewhere because they slow play them. There’s no reason a kid like Hypolite shouldn’t be here.

Curious. What would you like him to say?

"Whoa, we really blew that one."

"Wow. So glad the checks cleared because we sure as **** don't know what we are doing."

"Posters don't know anything, except @Liberty City El "

"You're right being completely honest and critical of our current situation is the exact winning recruiting strategy that we should implement. Groundbreaking."
image.gif

The problem with this staff is they haven’t come to realize that they chase these 5 Stars that aren’t coming here. They always feel confident about them and they choose to go elsewhere. They are either dumb *** rocks or don’t know when they are getting played. What makes it worse is they let kids that are talented and want to be here go elsewhere because they slow play them. There’s no reason a kid like Hypolite shouldn’t be here.
I listened to the most recent Stormsurge podcast with a round table panel including Blustein regarding the NSD class and state of recruiting. Blustein cited a multitude of reason why this staff is failing as recruiters including no one has the clout to recruit the inner city, disappearing established HS pipelines, and ineffective recruiters. He repeatedly talked about having established effective recruiters to take over for position coaches who can’t recruit. He didn’t mentioned Rumph or Barry by name but it was in the context of their position. He was surprised why Ronald Smith was not in staff because he would be an instant upgrade. Since I’ve been following the program in 85’ I’ve never heard someone I respect like Blustein describe our current state of recruiting. It’s a failure and Florida is capitalizing in the void left by Miami and FSU. Blustein also said having Highsmith as a football only GM would be a great idea assuming Zo was giving true power.

Advertisement
Neal, Coop and 1 of the DEs sounds good.

And then find a couple hundred CBs and OL.

from the article:
D.Washington (TE)

Tae Williams (DB)
Branch (Ole Miss DB commit)

Westley Neal (DT)
Demon Clowney (DE)
Jamari Stewart (DE)
DJ Lundy (LB/DE)
Edge Coop (LB)

Malachi (FSU WR commit)

Alex Atcavage (OL)
Gage Gaynor (OL)

It's going to be a long year on this board if every thread is muddled with these type of posts.

You have to let a hoe be a hoe. Just block the ones with same toxic bull**** it makes coming to this board better

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's going to be a long year on this board if every thread is muddled with these type of posts.
I told them that... It's about to become scout..

I ain't tripping though... not my site but I actually enjoy this blog.

Justin Flowe
Jadon Hasselwood
Tyson Campbell
Devontae Smith

Campbell and Smith wouldn’t have come even if we were 12-0.

I would argue that Flowe and Hasselwood would be different stories. We gave them no reason to come to this **** show. 7-5 one year and 6-6 the next. Good luck getting OOS 5* kids with those records back to back.

Curious. What would you like him to say?

"Whoa, we really blew that one."

"Wow. So glad the checks cleared because we sure as **** don't know what we are doing."

"Posters don't know anything, except @Liberty City El "

"You're right being completely honest and critical of our current situation is the exact winning recruiting strategy that we should implement. Groundbreaking."

Have you swallowed yet or still swooshin it around in your cheeks?

Advertisement
Back