Latest from Ivins

So did you have a problem with the twitter stuff after the 2017 season..you had a problem with it at the beginning of the year..or are you just ****ed after a long season? What Baez and coonney and they rest of the recruiting department do on twitter to promote has absolutely nothing to do with what happened on the field this year. Nothing todo with 18. The Turnover chain and rings aren’t a reason why we are losing..y’all stance is the same as when RS decided to take the U off the Miami helmet until players “earned it” in practice . Just like when he made them take the numbers off the back of the jersey for 2007..then went 5-7..and 7-6. none of that glitzy and glamour has negative effect on the field..if it bothers you that much then ignore it and don’t follow miami on twitter lol..but it’s not a underlying cause of why a DE, DB, and LB didn’t choose Miami..that **** happens everywhere in recruiting

I don’t follow Miami on anything and don’t have twitter. How do you know my stance on that? WTF does that have to do with this? Where did I blame any chain or rings for losing? What are your talking about

Advertisement
Would the staff be interested in going after Johnny Walker again?

This is the time of the year for two types of players...the super versatile players that haven't spent a ton of time practicing one position and project...and one trick ponies that project to be more complete players. Johnny Walker is the latter. He's just constantly in the backfield. I think he's a nice EDGE prospect, but he needs some work. I think he's got some good growth potential, too. Long arms, good closing speed. Some good clips of him just hauling *** catching dudes deep down field.

I don't know how you fit him in, but I think he can be a nice college role player.

Same with Westley Neal, who I just love as a dude. He's probably not a starter, but he's a good rotational iDL at the upper Power 5 level. Also, good locker room guy, always working. Miami needs an infusion of those types of guys. Just dudes that shut the fvck up, don't get in their feelings, and put in that work 24/7/365.

Kaleb Long is very interesting. He's got a trump card with that 6'5" frame. He's thin and body catches too much. He's surprisingly pretty quick with his feet and breaks on routes better than I'd otherwise anticipate at that size at that age. We don't have a tall boi on the team and I think he fills a role and provides a little more athleticism than a guy like Evidence Njoku could while he was here. He's just very interesting, but I'm bias to those Chamberlain boys. Probably more of a lower P5 guy if we are being realistic, but 6'5" is 6'5".

Advertisement
Back