Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Advertisement
Y'all do know Colorado is not the first team to have kids have their social media handles on the back of their practice jersey right?? Y'all really get tight about ANYTHING lol. Sheesh!

But yeah, I honestly can't wait to see them play some real football. Their fan base is **** near more delusional than ours.

All of this is quite literally a clown show.

Colorado doesn't care, they get the attention and the clout. Up until the administration realizes how bad they are and fire Deion in the process.

Ed Reed wasn't about the clout and pulled out at the last hour. Be like Ed, not like Deion.
Balls (of steel) vs. (tinker) Bell…

Colorado doesn't care, they get the attention and the clout. Up until the administration realizes how bad they are and fire Deion in the process.

Ed Reed wasn't about the clout and pulled out at the last hour. Be like Ed, not like Deion.
Ed went full blown ****** and showed his ***. Now he may never coach again as a result. Don't be like either of them, regardless of where your fandom leaves you.

Advertisement
Y'all do know Colorado is not the first team to have kids have their social media handles on the back of their practice jersey right?? Y'all really get tight about ANYTHING lol. Sheesh!

But yeah, I honestly can't wait to see them play some real football. Their fan base is **** near more delusional than ours.
I’ve got no issue with it. It’s what lower tiered types of programs need to do to drum up excitement. It’s kinda like how minor league baseball games always do fun wild **** to get fans or players interested

Or Al Golden brings the circus to town instead of having a spring game….

Watching the video, it really wasn’t much of a fight. More of a scuffle. Click bait article. Deion used the circumstances to make a point about his team being there for each other.

I will ask, is Deion wrong? Wasn’t it just last year when an opponent slapped the ball out of a Cane’s hand? And only James Williams stood up to the opposing team? Maybe it wasn’t James Williams, and maybe I am misremembering the exact circumstances. I don’t think anyone really wants brawls like in the past, but when an opponent gets in the face of a teammate, you back up your teammate.

Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

I don't think its necessarily "wrong." But context matters. If the team has earned it or is a perennial winner and you think the kids will have further "buy in" to the program, that's a decent reward. I wouldn't have a problem with it if for example, Bama or OSU or Clemson wanted to do that for a practice or a game. Those kids have earned it.

However, Deion had some rant that made the social media airwaves talking about entitlement and this kind of stuff, and here he has individuals promoting each's Instagram profile which sounds kind of contradictory to me. The team won 1 game last year. So it looks like a bad move.

Advertisement
for sure...social media handles on the jerseys is peak its all about ME...a team like that rebuilding everything including its identity from scratch probably should have Colorado on the backs of their jerseys. hey but maybe I am too old school.

I do completely respect that and I'm one of those old school mentality people too.

Having said that, times do change. I will say becoming a father at 38, the kids and this new generation have made me rethink a lot of things that I used to just dismiss.

Kids watching people play a video game instead of playing it never made sense to me. I would just outright dismiss it and suggest they get in the game. They do, but I eventually said, okay show me something. You know what, the YouTube was funny, engaging, and I eventually realized it was almost like training to play the game. As I watched more, some strategies he used, I wouldn't have done it that way, it got me to think out of the box.

So to me, old school me, I frown at the idea of something other than a name on a jersey or the university. With professional soccer, everyone has a sponsor, which I thought was junk to begin with, but now I accept. Naming rights on stadiums, at first junk and now I'm fine with it as it's a business. A name or handle on a jersey, if they want is no different than their name or number. It identifies them and old school me says no way, but ever changing and growing me can get down with it.

As I said, times change and while I'm no longer current, I can adapt to be a bit moreso as in reality, none of it is harmful. If something does take away from the team, then yes, cut that ****.

Have a good one!

What’s the issue in it?
Off the field you can worry about an NIL and being an individual on the field. It’s about playing on a team. This is their practice most teams don’t even have a name on the back of their jerseys.

What happens when u teach them fighting? They go out a night to chill and ay someone acts up and they fighting and something bad happens. But it's whatever let them do them. Everything they do has to be trending news though?

Advertisement

Ed was a clown too just not as entertaining lol

Advertisement
I don't think its necessarily "wrong." But context matters. If the team has earned it or is a perennial winner and you think the kids will have further "buy in" to the program, that's a decent reward. I wouldn't have a problem with it if for example, Bama or OSU or Clemson wanted to do that for a practice or a game. Those kids have earned it.

However, Deion had some rant that made the social media airwaves talking about entitlement and this kind of stuff, and here he has individuals promoting each's Instagram profile which sounds kind of contradictory to me. The team won 1 game last year. So it looks like a bad move.
I get your point but like @JHallCanes said, I expect these type of moves from the lower tier teams actually. And I understand it. And with Deion lol maaaan I don't believe anything he do or say. Remember, he's literally all about "content".

Make It Stop Season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Back