Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Third thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore as they're serious competition.

over it innocentonfox GIF by Fox TV

Deion and the Buffs are the flavor of the day and we're now going head to head with them (and MSU) for a lot of recruits now. From what @Cribby has mentioned in other threads, the Colorado NIL is no joke (unlike UF and FSU) so its not just Deon recruiting with no money behind him.

Deion has irritated me for a long time. Didn't like his flash over substance at FSU

The old school Canes put him in place after they begged for Miami. Hoping Mario will do the same 30 years later.

Current score:

CoachWinLoss
Mario22
Deion22

2022 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
Kevin ColemanJSUDeion steals Kevin Coleman from Mario at the last second

2023 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
Antoine JacksonMiamiDeion tried to flip Antoine Jackson and was sent packing.
Antoine JacksonECURumors Deion tried to backchannel after the commit. Eventually xfered to ECU
Mark FletcherMiamiDeion tried to flip failed
Cormani McClainColoradoDeion swoops in and flips 5* Cormani McClain from Miami.
Nyckoles HarborUSCeBoth eliminated

2024 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
Demetrius FreeneyMiamiMario beats Deion for a CB they both wanted
Kylan FoxBoth in Top 6
Justin ScottBoth in Top 10
KJ BoldenBoth in Top 15
Ellis Robinson IVUGABoth in Final 5
Jalewis SolomonBoth in Final 11
Brandon BakerUV to both

2025 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
Peyton JosephBoth in initial Top 28

Last edited:
Advertisement
Third thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore as they're serious competition.

Deon and the Buffs are the flavor of the day and we're now going head to head with them (and MSU) for a lot of recruits now.

Deon has irritated me for a long time. Didn't like his flash over substance at FSU

The old school Canes put him in place after they begged for Miami. Hoping Mario will do the same 30 years later.

Current score:

Deon: 2
Mario: 0

2022 Battles

Deon swoops in and steals Kevin Coleman from Mario at the last second

2023 Battles

Deon swoops in and flips 5* Cormani McClain from Miami.

2024 Battles

TBD

Yea but Kevin Coleman did not live up to the hype

Part I

Part II

Advertisement
You guys need to chill. Not that big of a deal. We had a fantastic class. Always going to be some head scratching moves in recruiting.
This really has little to do with Cormani (although that did push me over the edge). More so Colorado is in the Top 10 with us with a lot of recruits just like MSU was at this point last year.

Mario really pummeled Sparty last year and turned things around by the end of the cycle.

Advertisement
Deion offered other guys that we landed too right? I'm to lazy right now to find each one.

But If thats the way you view recruiting then how about Brian Brohm bodying Deion for the 5 star 2024 LB Capers.

A 2-3 win season and a bunch of blowouts and Deion wont even have the luxury of a bump class.

This really has little to do with Cormani (although that did push me over the edge). More so Colorado is in the Top 10 with us with a lot of recruits just like MSU was at this point last year.
If a recruit wants to go to CU who is a bottom dwelling B12 team with a gimicky head coach, that's on them. Mario has his faults, but he at least has a track record of coaching success and is getting really good players to buy into his vision for the program. I'm not losing sleep over MSU or CU...

Advertisement
Deion won last year at an HBCU... lets see him win at CU.

Lets see how he handles losing. Lets see who he blames. Lets see how he makes adjustments.

It would be diff if he walked into Alabama but he didnt he walked into CU and next season is going to be tough for him. Personally I think it all blows up in his face.

Deon and the Buffs are the flavor of the day and we're now going head to head with them (and MSU) for a lot of recruits now. From what @Cribby has mentioned in other threads, the Colorado NIL is no joke (unlike UF and FSU) so its not just Deon recruiting with no money behind him.

Deon has irritated me for a long time. Didn't like his flash over substance at FSU

Current score:

Deon: 2
Mario: 0

2022 Battles

Deon swoops in and steals Kevin Coleman from Mario at the last second

2023 Battles

Deon swoops in and flips 5* Cormani McClain from Miami.

2024 Battles

• Justin Scott (both in Top 10)

Such a dumb thread. Deion offered plenty of our recruits

It’s not 2-0 at all

You’re only counting the ones he won lmao

You may need to go through all of our recruits offer lists

Advertisement
Deion offered other guys that we landed too right? I'm to lazy right now to find each one.
How do you know Cormani and Coleman are the only 2 Deion tried for? I highly doubt that is the case. Nobody knows what the score really is.
The OP is still a work in progress. I know that Deon tried to get Jackson to visit but he turned him down. Not sure how agressively he recruited him. If people know of other 2023 battles, please let me know and I'll update the OP.

I added Justin Scott (24) as an upcoming battle to watch out for. Going through Top 10 lists now to see where else we're going head to head.

Advertisement
Back