Last 4 spots

Advertisement
Thomas Davis moving time ILB for SR season. Hammett decommits. Taking 3 DE’s next year most likely.

Sapp smoke increasing.

Hmmmmm.....

Marshall
Collier
QB
Best available. I’d prefer another Grad OT. But I would be more than happy with Smith, Daniels or a national elite at any other position except Safety and DT where we’ve already got 3 kids each. Someone needs to leave the class if we’re adding to those spots.

Advertisement
I think Marshall, Collier, and Sapp are 1a, 1b, and 1c and have 1st dibbs on the spots
If we miss on any of those three, I personally think Markevious Brown, Chase Smith and Amari Daniels are next in line for those spots

In the end, if we can add any combo of Marshall, Collier, Sapp, Markevious, Chase, Amari it's a win.

I'm not considering Masson as an option as everything is pointing to him at LSU. Obviously if he wanted to come, the staff would find a spot for him.

finish with
Jason Marshall
Corey Collier
Tyreak Sapp (or Maason Smith if we are really dreaming)
Chase Smith (Terrence Lewis is my hope, but looks like that is not happening)

a QB and a RB are needs though...don't know how we can make that happen unless NCAA makes some changes to the 85 limit (as its increasingly likely there will be no season, they would have to do something with that)

I might be in the minority but I’d like to see both Amari Daniels and Markevious Brown get in. I think they are good players and scheme fits.

Advertisement
I don’t think you are in the minority for feeling that way, I think the question is, over who?
I take Brown over Curtis. That gives us a boundary (Brown), field (Marshall), slot (Burns). Perfect CB class. With Daniels, I just get him in the 25. Down to the last few spots and I think he should get one.

One thing you can just about be 100% sure of...our class in February of 2021will not look like our class in August of 2020....

Advertisement
Why? We got Walker and Rivers who are elite. The youngins put on the weight. The Douglas kid is legit. If anything we need to cut the dead weight next year. We don’t wanna be like FSU in the past with 25 CBs on the roster.
Maybe not 25! But, ol is the one position group that your gonna have dead weight/ bodies because its impossible to have 15or20 good/great olinemen the portal has evened things out a lil bit. Evn bama who probably has 9 or 10 good/great line men has jags on the oline.

Advertisement
In NCAA parlance, an initial counter (IC) is a new scholarship player at a school. In football, a school can take up to 25 initial counters each academic year as long as it doesn’t go over the 85-scholarship maximum. This rule exists for several reasons:

• To keep teams from stockpiling the best players.

• To keep teams from oversigning and shuffling out less productive older players to cover their recruiting mistakes.

• To keep a new coach from running off an entire team so he can replace the players with his own recruits.

A scholarship player signed out of high school counts as an initial. So does a junior college transfer. And so do transfers from four-year schools—be they undergraduates or graduate students.

So unless the IC puts us past 85, it doesn’t prevent us from taking 25 this cycle.; even with Jarrid here. So there should be 4 spots available and making a spot with the kicker shollie could mean 5.

Advertisement
Back