Last 4 spots

In my opinion, the trenches is where championships are won. We need to get as many athletic freaks in the trenches as possible.

As we all know by now, Marshall and Collier are guaranteed to have spots, so I would try to get Sapp or Maason Smith with the last scholly.

If what Cribby has hinted at becomes a reality, and we get the additional schollies to get us to 85, then swing for the fences and try to add some more OL bullies.

If no other top tier OL want to hop on board, then we can take Amari, Chase and Yuk, assuming that they would still want in.

Advertisement
it's still a long ways to december early signing, much less February.

names and faces will change, but i can pretty much guarantee that among the remaining 4-5 spots, there will be some late bloomers and you will get 1 CB, 1 OL, and the QB. the rest will depend on injuries and attrition

Advertisement
How many games do we have to lose before we're serious about a kicker? We got the best kicker in the nation whose brother just transferred in to bridge us until he's on campus. There's some noise about him grey or blue shirting but there no way he's being dropped.

That's my opinion anyways.
I dont think he's saying to drop the kicker...

I dont think he's saying to drop the kicker...
You're right. I just re-read his post and he was responding to the statement "someone" enrolling later. That's what I was referring to as far as a blue shirt.

I'm not fully sure what allows someone to qualify a blue shirt and let his IC count forward (so to speak) but I would think he still needs to be enrolled in classes for him to play in 2021 with the rest of the class.

Advertisement
QB - Garcia or transfer
RB/WR - Daniels or Alexis
CB - Marshall
DL/LB/S - Sapp, Collier, Smith, or Hood

In my opinion, the trenches is where championships are won. We need to get as many athletic freaks in the trenches as possible.

As we all know by now, Marshall and Collier are guaranteed to have spots, so I would try to get Sapp or Maason Smith with the last scholly.

If what Cribby has hinted at becomes a reality, and we get the additional schollies to get us to 85, then swing for the fences and try to add some more OL bullies.

If no other top tier OL want to hop on board, then we can take Amari, Chase and Yuk, assuming that they would still want in.
Collier is gonna sign with Miami? Sorry I’ve been away and it’s hard to keep up with all threads. Thank you

Probably already been answered somewhere, but what is an IC?

In NCAA parlance, an initial counter (IC) is a new scholarship player at a school. In football, a school can take up to 25 initial counters each academic year as long as it doesn’t go over the 85-scholarship maximum. This rule exists for several reasons:

• To keep teams from stockpiling the best players.

• To keep teams from oversigning and shuffling out less productive older players to cover their recruiting mistakes.

• To keep a new coach from running off an entire team so he can replace the players with his own recruits.

A scholarship player signed out of high school counts as an initial. So does a junior college transfer. And so do transfers from four-year schools—be they undergraduates or graduate students.

Advertisement
You're right. I just re-read his post and he was responding to the statement "someone" enrolling later. That's what I was referring to as far as a blue shirt.

I'm not fully sure what allows someone to qualify a blue shirt and let his IC count forward (so to speak) but I would think he still needs to be enrolled in classes for him to play in 2021 with the rest of the class.

No paid official visit, no in-home coach visit, enroll for fall semester "on your own dime", receive scholarship one day after fall camp begins (which, in a non-Covid-2021 would be the first week of August 2021).

Do-able. He can visit his brother as much as he likes.

Mostly defensive targets, I would reserve a single spot for a surprise elite Olineman/WR that wants in. Marshall is a must, Collier is nice to get, then you leave the spots open for a flip. Chase Smith isn't a must, he can be picked up if we miss out on other prospects.
Chase Smith should be a take a hundred times over Collier.

Advertisement
Let’s go all out

Jason Marshall-CB

Terrence Lewis-LB- This would be a tough pull but since it’s hard for him to visit other schools we should take advantage and rebuild this relationship.

Tyreak Sapp-DE

Chase Smith-WR

Corey Collier-S

I think one more spot could open up down the line
This would be epic..

Advertisement
Back