Last 4 spots

Advertisement
So realistically who do we finish up with. Need a corner for sure, so I hope we didn't burn the bridge with Brown. I highly doubt Sapp or Mason are even a true possibility. So Brown, Carter, Yulkeith?

Advertisement
So we have 4 spots still open. I expect we’ll keep pushing for Marshall, but we’ll back burner that for now.

Who do we go after now? Are going to full court press for Garcia, Sapp, Smith, and maybe someone like Leigh?

I have admittedly been against taking Daniels previously because ICs were an issue, but I could see giving him the green light also.

Advertisement
- M. Brown
- Y. Brown (Unless Hood is available).
- A. Daniels
- C. Smith

Chase, Hood, and T2 Is too many linebackers for one class. I already think we are over recruiting the position when we only have 2 lber positions.

Well with Marshall gone get Amari Daniels in!

I still have him as 5th. A QB, Chase Smith, M Brown, A grad OT, Daniels. But we can't wait for Smith and M Brown too long. If they don't commit by Sept 1, then I agree we should go after Daniels hard as well, and take the first two out of three.

I still have him as 5th. A QB, Chase Smith, M Brown, A grad OT, Daniels. But we can't wait for Smith and M Brown too long. If they don't commit by Sept 1, then I agree we should go after Daniels hard as well, and take the first two out of three.
Sapp and T2 (potentially) would be a take before Daniels.

Advertisement
Chase, Hood, and T2 Is too many linebackers for one class. I already think we are over recruiting the position when we only have 2 lber positions.

I might be wrong here but I don't know that Diaz has categorically replaced a LB with a Striker in the defense. I think the 4-2-5 might be the base, but depending on the circumstances we might go with a traditional 4-3. For example, early in a game against a run heavy team, I'd go with the 3rd LB. After opening up a 2 TD lead or likely passing situations, I'd go with the Striker. I don't think you can have enough quality LBs.

Advertisement
honestly i don’t see us flipping sapp no one has said anything about him
Feels like the Marshall troll job will have negative effects on the momentum. He jumps on, you feel better about Sapp & others.
But the staff will take a breath and jump right back in and close the deal with some good players.

Feels like we are going back to getting 3 stars and this trying convince themselves that those guys are better and more hungry

I might be wrong here but I don't know that Diaz has categorically replaced a LB with a Striker in the defense. I think the 4-2-5 might be the base, but depending on the circumstances we might go with a traditional 4-3. For example, early in a game against a run heavy team, I'd go with the 3rd LB. After opening up a 2 TD lead or likely passing situations, I'd go with the Striker. I don't think you can have enough quality LBs.
That's my thinking also. In addition, his decision had to have been influenced by most of our LB depth has been injured and the ones that played struggled in coverage. If we load up with quality depth, he'd be flexible.

Advertisement
Back