Lashlee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more so king than lashlee but y’all not ready for that conversation.
King makes the wrong read 100% of the time on RPO/Read option plays. He lacks the ability to go through his reads in the passing game, because he can’t see downfield. The guy is completely limited aside from scrambling.
It is absolutely time to see Garcia or Van Dyke and look for a spark for this team. Because if not, we ain’t even sniffing a 9 win season. We are a 6-6 team right now with King at the helm.
You sure? We went 8-4 with that same QB y'all talking about. He's struggling, no doubt about it, but it's on Lashlee as the OC to put his players in a position to be successful. Right now he isn't doing that. Hold both accountable.

Advertisement
Lash is still the problem.....yes King is limited severely, but it's Lash's job to scheme around what he has and he won't.
I actually think he CAN...he just isn't the type. He is a whiteboard OC - meaning... "hey look at this cool play I drew up, it will work every time".
Issue is we don't have the squad who can execute HIS whiteboard and he won't scheme things they CAN execute, he's too nerdy stubborn...which just means many more losses on the horizon. We have the personnel to win games....he just doesnt put them into positions to highlight what they can do well...especially King.
Another issue I see is his stubbornness comes out during games and makes it look like he is calling plays to avoid TOs vs calling plays to win. We are stuck with both of them so nothing will change this season.
Lash is the symptom, not the problem.

The truth of the matter is Lashlee followed the debacle known as Enos, so of course he was a breath of fresh air. Now, the Enos stench has dissipated and we can smell the foulness of Lashlee's offense. It always stunk, but it was just slightly better than what we previously had. I guess the same could be said of King as well.
We all wanted a spread offense. We look at SMU moving the ball and scoring points. Lashlee coached at Auburn as well, was OC on a team that beat Alabama and nearly upset FSU for a NC. We‘re sold.

What we missed while looking at the shiny things was…

1) Malzhan was responsible for Auburn‘s banner 2013 season.
2) Lashlee moved down after leaving Auburn, getting a gig at UConn, of all places.
3) SMU‘s offense bears the stamp of their HC, Sonny Dykes, a Leach protege.

Now we realize Lashlee may be over his head without the mentoring of Malzhan or Dykes.

When’s Lash gonna realize our rbs are bigger than King and he loses vision of his key every rpo. That’s on the OC for forcing it.

Also cause it’s bugging me. If the only time you motion is for a trick play it’s not very tricky. Rhetts feel for the game is underwhelming.

Advertisement
So why is he still playing? Why is Lashlee still calling the plays that don’t work? You can say a kid isn’t good all you want, but the kid doesn’t make the lineup and the kid doesn’t call the plays. When King got here he told everyone he’s never played in an RPO style offense and it’s now a shock he can’t do it?
Manny is not pulling him. I guarantee you that Lashlee would pull King before Manny would. Ultimately pulling your starting QB falls on the HC.

Starting to wonder if it's really the OCs fault. Enos seems to remember how to call plays again now that he's in Maryland.

He has regressed sooo much as a play caller. Our offensive personnel is better this year (mainly due to age & maturity) than last year, yet the results thus far haven't come close to being the same or better.

I thought he was going to show out last night and drop 60 on App St.

I was dead *** wrong
I beg to disagree. Miami's offensive line is AVERAGE! And it's below average against legitimate Top 20 competition. And because of that. Lashlee is relatively HANDCUFFED with his play calling. Also, under Diaz, Miami is still one of the MOST UNDISCIPLINED college football teams across the nation!!!!! That's both sides of the LOS. Peace.

Lashlee is an Air Raid disciple being hindered by an option qb. King is an option qb being hindered by an Air Raid coach. This was never going to work. King would be a Heisman contender in a Coastal Carolina type spread offense. In this type of offense he will continue to struggle. As long as Lashlee has him at qb he will continue to struggle at putting together a gameplan unless he goes full spread option ala Houston

Advertisement
When’s Lash gonna realize our rbs are bigger than King and he loses vision of his key every rpo. That’s on the OC for forcing it.

Also cause it’s bugging me. If the only time you motion is for a trick play it’s not very tricky. Rhetts feel for the game is underwhelming.

CHECK WITH ME! Take away the option.

Just make the rpo a run or pass. Keep the hurry up, but slow the cadence. Let the defense show their hand THEN call the play.

This will fix a TON of the issues.

King missed MANY 11 on 11 reps the last two years. That doesn’t bode well for a system that relies on the quarterback making so many decisions. King is smart. He will probably click in the next few games, but there is no reason to keep struggling.

Check with me and see if Lashlee can see it better.

Its not just playcalling the play designs themselves are horrible. Route combo and concepts seems to have no situational correlation. I don't know though. I go back and watch the bowl game with Perry and it was humming and the ground and through the air, something i have not seen with King, the whole time he been here

Advertisement
What is up with the lack of running game creativity? I loved the Rhett hire and his chemistry with King, but man this offense looks so vanilla and predictable. When someone like myself who is at a low level of understanding X and O’s and can predict most of the run plays THATS BAD
You spelled Trashlee wrong

Miami fans have 2 choices ...

1. Stay in the real world and clearly see that Mandy has NO skills to recruit the right players or hire the right coaches for a serious chance to win
championships. he needs to get his *** back to fetching coffee at ESPN because he is clearly NOT a real football coach. even Ray Charles
could see that.

or ......

2. Stay in fantasyland where rainbows shoot out of a unicorn's *** and in your demented mind, Mandy wins ACC championships and every year
Miami wins the national championship in spite of poor coaching and mediocre play. that ain't ever going to happen with Mandy and fans that think that and finally figure out it never will are going to end up jumping out of the upper deck at Hard Rock like that ******* drunk cat !

i really feel sorry for these fans who stay on the hamster wheel and make weak excuses for Mandy and Miami football game after game
and year after year.
How about the ones who come back to **** on the program year after year? Two wrongs to make it right....

It’s so typical of Miami to have a OC who was very successful at SMU, with less talent, and look like dog **** with real talent.

Advertisement
Its not just playcalling the play designs themselves are horrible. Route combo and concepts seems to have no situational correlation. I don't know though. I go back and watch the bowl game with Perry and it was humming and the ground and through the air, something i have not seen with King, the whole time he been here

Bruh, it’s the Malzhan in him.

With Perry he couldn’t do all that qb running. He actually let Perry get comfortable with easy throws. Perry is talented and played well. We need to be a PASS TO RUN OFFENSE! They were behind and Perry isn’t a run first qb. The offense became what it is supposed to be.

The ENTIRE TEAM is in disarray and underperforming. There is always something that goes wrong inexplicably. Qb makes right read, wr drops it. The breaks a run, holding call. Wr gets open,ol whiffs. Ol plays perfect, qb skips pass.

Garcia won’t save these guys. I think he is capable of being a freshman starter, but the problems run waaaay deeper. This is what a coach in over his head looks like.

I remember his offense being so much more flashy at SMU

we can blame king all we want but our running game is so boring and predictable why does it surprise anyone that defenses know exactly what we’re doing

Lashlee is an Air Raid disciple being hindered by an option qb. King is an option qb being hindered by an Air Raid coach. This was never going to work. King would be a Heisman contender in a Coastal Carolina type spread offense. In this type of offense he will continue to struggle. As long as Lashlee has him at qb he will continue to struggle at putting together a gameplan unless he goes full spread option ala Houston
If you've seen Coastal Carolina play, King wouldn't see the field. QB is a nice player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back