Lashlee

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion it’s pretty evident that king may be 100% but he’s not old king 100%. It was obvious they were trying to get him more involved in the run game and finally started to see some progress towards the end but it seems pretty obvious something is off.
Lashlee is paid a lot of money to figure that out. If King is not the King of last year, then he needs to adapt. If he is so hamstrung that he can’t call an offense, then he needs to get Van Dyke or Garcia ready. In either case, King had issues running the RPO last year and knowing when to keep vs hand off, so I am not sure how a less than 100% King coming off a knee injury is going to be any better at that.

Advertisement
He has regressed sooo much as a play caller. Our offensive personnel is better this year (mainly due to age & maturity) than last year, yet the results thus far haven't come close to being the same or better.

I thought he was going to show out last night and drop 60 on App St.

I was dead *** wrong
Lmaoooooo you didn't think that. He called a double flicker when we were legit moving the ball.

A 2nd and 14 you call a QB draw.

Why not call and outside run once in awhile

5 yds off the ball a qb draw on 4th and goal

King didn't help much skipping the ball off the ground. I give up

I can't do this today. I'm gonna enjoy some NFL

Last edited:
What is up with the lack of running game creativity? I loved the Rhett hire and his chemistry with King, but man this offense looks so vanilla and predictable. When someone like myself who is at a low level of understanding X and O’s and can predict most of the run plays THATS BAD

I'm going to try my best to make this be the last time that I make this comment on the board, but this is why I was hesitant the second his name started being mentioned. This is who Lashlee (and Malzahn) are. There's going to be a game or two where he gets you all excited, but listen to me good. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. He's just going to revert back to his normal self. Incomplete pas on first down? Run between the tackles on second. Explosive play resulting in a first down? Run between the tackles on the very next play. 3rd and long? Either run a delay thinking it will fool the defense (it won't) or some quick **** near horizontal pass that's short of the sticks. The fact that losers like myself would sit at Auburn games and pick his calls beforehand (due to formation or down and distance) at an alarmingly high rate would have been funny if not for it being so sad. Sure, King has his issues, but when you have similar problems over multiple QB's at a couple of locations, well maybe it's not the player.

And I'm here to tell you, all of you guys thinking TVD or Garcia are going to make a difference are sadly mistaken. Rhett/Gus for some unknown reason like to recruit QB's that aren't really the best fit for their system. I've seen this story before. I held out hope because posters more knowledgeable than I am talked about what Lashlee did at SMU. Well, I've seen enough. As an Auburn grad, this is deja vu for me. Our only hope is if Brown (who's incredibly raw) makes the biggest jump ever as a true freshman. Or if we somehow have an older guy fall out of the sky like Newton or Marshall.

He has had zero chemistry with King this season.
I'm not sure how you measure "chemistry"! Good friends, drinking buddy?? Not here for either of those, he is supposed to be calling plays and making offensive adjustments. Get his sorry *** play calling up in the booth and see what the **** is going on. So tired of him and Mannys excuses.

Lashlee is paid a lot of money to figure that out. If King is not the King of last year, then he needs to adapt. If he is so hamstrung that he can’t call an offense, then he needs to get Van Dyke or Garcia ready. In either case, King had issues running the RPO last year and knowing when to keep vs hand off, so I am not sure how a less than 100% King coming off a knee injury is going to be any better at that.
I don’t disagree with any of that.

Advertisement
Lmaoooooo you didn't think that. He called a double flicker when we were legit moving the ball.

A 2nd and 14 you call a QB draw.

Why not call and outside run once in awhile

5 yds off the ball a qb draw on 4th and goal

King didn't help much skipping the ball off the ground. I give up

I can't do this today. I'm gonna enjoy some NFL.. I'll check you all out in a few weeks.
You’ll be back in 5 minutes. You can’t step away

I racked my brains trying to figure out what the **** Lashlee was calling last night! I wonder if it is a disconnect between him and King. King looked so **** off it was pitiful.

Advertisement
It’s more so king than lashlee but y’all not ready for that conversation.
King makes the wrong read 100% of the time on RPO/Read option plays. He lacks the ability to go through his reads in the passing game, because he can’t see downfield. The guy is completely limited aside from scrambling.
It is absolutely time to see Garcia or Van Dyke and look for a spark for this team. Because if not, we ain’t even sniffing a 9 win season. We are a 6-6 team right now with King at the helm.

@CANE1775 good post. And, I agree for the reasons you outlined, that calling for Jake and TVD isn't going to bring the change we want to see in this offense. I do hold out hope that they are salvageable in a better offensive system. Our only hope, as I see it, is that we reset, again, and replace Blake James and Manny.

What is up with the lack of running game creativity? I loved the Rhett hire and his chemistry with King, but man this offense looks so vanilla and predictable. When someone like myself who is at a low level of understanding X and O’s and can predict most of the run plays THATS BAD
What makes you think Lashlee would ever admit wrong doing when it's always a function of his players not 'executing'? That's the great thing about being a coach, you can always blame the kids for not executing as long as people are willing to buy the horse **** excuses. As of today, the people who matter are still buying it, w/ both hands.

The truth of the matter is Lashlee followed the debacle known as Enos, so of course he was a breath of fresh air. Now, the Enos stench has dissipated and we can smell the foulness of Lashlee's offense. It always stunk, but it was just slightly better than what we previously had. I guess the same could be said of King as well.
That’s been the case with manny
He followed dno so we were just happy to have av defense that attacked not manny’s defense is just fundamentally so poor
There just too much field that unaccounted for
If app state didn’t overthrow mult wide open wrs we would have lost by 2 tds

Advertisement
Lash is still the problem.....yes King is limited severely, but it's Lash's job to scheme around what he has and he won't.
I actually think he CAN...he just isn't the type. He is a whiteboard OC - meaning... "hey look at this cool play I drew up, it will work every time".
Issue is we don't have the squad who can execute HIS whiteboard and he won't scheme things they CAN execute, he's too nerdy stubborn...which just means many more losses on the horizon. We have the personnel to win games....he just doesnt put them into positions to highlight what they can do well...especially King.
Another issue I see is his stubbornness comes out during games and makes it look like he is calling plays to avoid TOs vs calling plays to win. We are stuck with both of them so nothing will change this season.

It’s more so king than lashlee but y’all not ready for that conversation.
King makes the wrong read 100% of the time on RPO/Read option plays. He lacks the ability to go through his reads in the passing game, because he can’t see downfield. The guy is completely limited aside from scrambling.
It is absolutely time to see Garcia or Van Dyke and look for a spark for this team. Because if not, we ain’t even sniffing a 9 win season. We are a 6-6 team right now with King at the helm.
So why is he still playing? Why is Lashlee still calling the plays that don’t work? You can say a kid isn’t good all you want, but the kid doesn’t make the lineup and the kid doesn’t call the plays. When King got here he told everyone he’s never played in an RPO style offense and it’s now a shock he can’t do it?

Lash is still the problem.....yes King is limited severely, but it's Lash's job to scheme around what he has and he won't.
I actually think he CAN...he just isn't the type. He is a whiteboard OC - meaning... "hey look at this cool play I drew up, it will work every time".
Issue is we don't have the squad who can execute HIS whiteboard and he won't scheme things they CAN execute, he's too nerdy stubborn...which just means many more losses on the horizon. We have the personnel to win games....he just doesnt put them into positions to highlight what they can do well...especially King.
Another issue I see is his stubbornness comes out during games and makes it look like he is calling plays to avoid TOs vs calling plays to win. We are stuck with both of them so nothing will change this season.
Exactly. Everyone here wanted an OC that was flexible and that could build on offense around their talent. But now all of the sudden Lashlee is exempt from that lmao. What a joke

Advertisement
Only thing i can think of is he was calling plays not to lose. First half O line was terrible along with bad play calling. second half OL was a lot better playing calling was still bad and a few times Kings in a clean pocket and taking off for some reason. offense was horrible. Defense played well 44 needs to sit the **** down im done with watching him miss tackles. Smith needs to gain weight you can see it, he gets pushed around easily sometimes. but he's always around the ball ill take that. Flagg is ok but we need more depth. TAC, Brooks a Freshman someone other than 44. Still waiting to play more man. Blades should and hopefully will be back soon. That first td run Ivey stopped in the **** hole all he had to do is take one more step. even if he got ran over still wouldve stopped the dude.

Lashlee doesn’t play to his players strengths
He’s a system guy that relies on just going fast
Unfortunately there’s not too many offensive minds who can build around their players on a yearly basis so it is what it is

Miami fans have 2 choices ...

1. Stay in the real world and clearly see that Mandy has NO skills to recruit the right players or hire the right coaches for a serious chance to win
championships. he needs to get his *** back to fetching coffee at ESPN because he is clearly NOT a real football coach. even Ray Charles
could see that.

or ......

2. Stay in fantasyland where rainbows shoot out of a unicorn's *** and in your demented mind, Mandy wins ACC championships and every year
Miami wins the national championship in spite of poor coaching and mediocre play. that ain't ever going to happen with Mandy and fans that think that and finally figure out it never will are going to end up jumping out of the upper deck at Hard Rock like that ******* drunk cat !

i really feel sorry for these fans who stay on the hamster wheel and make weak excuses for Mandy and Miami football game after game
and year after year.
#2 #2 #2. hahahaaaaaaaaa

The offense that’s returning all these players is averaging 19 points a game this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back