Larry Bluestein Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy

Advertisement
Clemson, UGA, and Bama have each proved something. They can do this cause they are sending kids to the league.

We are 1-2 with our only win against a FCS school. We routinely have poor performances on the big stage and our kids, the ones that were recruited by everybody, dont live up to their potential. The truth hurts but it's the truth. We were supposed to be the flagship of the ACC and have yet to win a conference championship.

You cant play hardball when you have no leverage! Our number one selling point right now is location. And those 3 schools named earlier are paying for the "inconvenience" of leaving SFLA.

I think it's a stupid approach to publicly state this and we will look worse when a Don Chaney type of recruit takes a visit late and we dont pull his scholly (which is the right move but makes us look gutless). I thought TNM wasnt scared?
Go kill yourself lol i get it he's not wrong

You talked to 2 people who worked at um just like coachmacho talked to coaches at ucf

UM raised $4B and invested $35M in football. The IPF was a stroke of good fortune. Neither her nor her children has ever attended a game.

UM wants to become an elite ACADEMIC institution. They funded a biotech center that has numerous promising breakthroughs in its pipeline.

You arrive on the Board with 100 posts and proclaim that we employ "bags". Your stupidity precedes you. Imbecile (in Italian dunce)!

We have 10-15 decommits a year, people *****. Manny tries to take steps to curb this, people *****.

In fairness, what helps us revalue a Miami scholarship is winning games we are supposed to win and developing players, not threats of pulling scholarships. However, Diaz does has to put some measures in place to get to the root of some part of this problem.

UM raised $4B and invested $35M in football. The IPF was a stroke of good fortune. Neither her nor her children has ever attended a game.

UM wants to become an elite ACADEMIC institution. They funded a biotech center that has numerous promising breakthroughs in its pipeline.

You arrive on the Board with 100 posts and proclaim that we employ "bags". Your stupidity precedes you. Imbecile (in Italian dunce)!
sta 'zitto you talk too much lol

Advertisement
It’s a gamble worth taking it f your Miami.
We keep holding spots for dudes only to get caught scrambling for any “hidden gems” at the last minute. How many “silent” commits dipped even before last season started? And that was after a 10 win season.
Can’t be doing the same sht and expect different results. 6-7 wins isnt going to make elite kids stick no matter how many visits we allow them to take. 6-7 wins ain’t making them stay even if we pay for the **** visits.
If m sure Manny knows he has to live up to his end of the agreement.

I sat in section 247 right behind the VIP area. She was there for at least 3 home games in 2017. And she attended several games in 2018. As far as her son and the rest of her family I don’t know.

Stop complaining about bags. Every school including Miami does it

You can always tell the posters that didn't attend and/or have zero connection with UM outside being a football "fan" by statements like these.

Miami doesn't drop bags. We had Shapiro giving kids free meals/drinks. A 2+ year NCAA investigation, which broke laws to try to find more dirt, found nothing else. We barely have any boosters and none care enough to pay kids to come here.

If we were dropping bags, we'd be able to go 5-7 like Tenn or 2-10 like Arky and still haul in a top-15 class

Advertisement
You can always tell the posters that didn't attend and/or have zero connection with UM outside being a football "fan" by statements like these.

Miami doesn't drop bags. We had Shapiro giving kids free meals/drinks. A 2+ year NCAA investigation, which broke laws to try to find more dirt, found nothing else. We barely have any boosters and none care enough to pay kids to come here.

If we were dropping bags, we'd be able to go 5-7 like Tenn or 2-10 like Arky and still haul in a top-15 class
Yes write more paragraphs about my opinion because that will show me

Clemson, UGA, and Bama have each proved something. They can do this cause they are sending kids to the league.

We are 1-2 with our only win against a FCS school. We routinely have poor performances on the big stage and our kids, the ones that were recruited by everybody, dont live up to their potential. The truth hurts but it's the truth. We were supposed to be the flagship of the ACC and have yet to win a conference championship.

You cant play hardball when you have no leverage! Our number one selling point right now is location. And those 3 schools named earlier are paying for the "inconvenience" of leaving SFLA.

I think it's a stupid approach to publicly state this and we will look worse when a Don Chaney type of recruit takes a visit late and we dont pull his scholly (which is the right move but makes us look gutless). I thought TNM wasnt scared?

I thought he said it might result in your scholarship being pulled and it lets Miami know that if "player" is looking then we are looking.

I don't see the issue with Manny's like of thinking here. He isn't saying a commit cannot take any visits or enjoy the process. He is just saying that if you are committed we want you to enjoy the process and take your visits before the start of your senior year. That way if they change their mind he and his staff at least have the entire fall to work on a replacement rather than waiting until December to switch leaving us with no chance to replace them. He is also letting them know if you want to continue to look during your senior year just know we are also going to be looking. Sounds like he is being very upfront with them. I would go further and say that unless you are ready to completely shut things down we would rather you hold off on committing. That is what Clemson does which is one reason they have not had a decommitment in forever. Too often we have a kid visit for Junior day and commit on the spot due to the visit high. Then they start getting more offers and visit places and they decommit. Visit other places, enjoy the process and then make your decision.

Ppl are reading this wrong. No one is saying if you take visits we won’t recruit you. We are saying if you are still taking visits we aren’t taking your commitment. There is a difference. I’m all for it. We’ve been getting played as a backup school since Randy’s 1st class. Someone has to take a stand.

Advertisement

Flagship in the ACC, this conference hates Miami and it shows when play sheer lack of holding call for Miami is proof enough. I love Manning's plan, it's about getting guys that love your school, I am in NC and their die heart fans here. People across the country want to play for Miami. Even if the Miami kids dont what to. I Seen changes, this team is heading up.

Manny should tie it to getting an offer. "we are prepared to offer if you are ready to commit and shut down recruiting." It is that offer that kids value today. Once they get the offer they can leverage The U, dream team, hometown thing to boast the bag size. No offer and thier value goes down. It needs to start with Manny -- If you don't want to be a Cane, ***** you we will find someone who does and beat your rear with him. Precondition the offer not accepting the commitment. Until we win, the offer is worth more $$$ than actually playing here.

Like manny says, its sales, you have to create value for your product, and whether its the sec SFL diva moneygrabbers or not there are more people than spots, so you have to let that be known and hold people to it, you also have to be committed to walking away; ultimately the quality of your product will dictate the level of customer, but theres no doubt that now ids the time for Manny to create this demand

Advertisement
If Ol' Blu had his druthers then our roster would be 80% Dade kids, 19% Broward kids and 1% Dade kids that were incarcerated in juvenile facilities in other counties.

Although it doesn't mean he isn't occasionally right, he's washed as an actual talent evaluator and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don’t mind. What we’ve been doing **** sure isn’t working with the top players. Maybe they still leave, but at least Miami won’t be left at the Alter. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That just dumb planning, that he was part of. You don’t need to make a public policy of something that doesn’t make sense when you cant win

If Ol' Blu had his druthers then our roster would be 80% Dade kids, 19% Broward kids and 1% Dade kids that were incarcerated in juvenile facilities in other counties.

Although it doesn't mean he isn't occasionally right, he's washed as an actual talent evaluator and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.
Here we go discrediting someone cause he’s either old or doesn’t agree.

Here we go discrediting someone cause he’s either old or doesn’t agree.

Ol' Blu could be Yung Blu and I'd have the same opinion of someone that seriously thinks every 2 star kid from Killian or Southridge is a UM "miss" when we don't throw an offer in along with FIU, Toldeo, Western Kentucky and UMass.

And my critique is purely on substance. By all accounts Blu is a nice guy that obviously has had his health battles.

Advertisement
Back