Larry Bluestein Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy

Advertisement
Clemson, UGA, and Bama have each proved something. They can do this cause they are sending kids to the league.

We are 1-2 with our only win against a FCS school. We routinely have poor performances on the big stage and our kids, the ones that were recruited by everybody, dont live up to their potential. The truth hurts but it's the truth. We were supposed to be the flagship of the ACC and have yet to win a conference championship.

You cant play hardball when you have no leverage! Our number one selling point right now is location. And those 3 schools named earlier are paying for the "inconvenience" of leaving SFLA.

I think it's a stupid approach to publicly state this and we will look worse when a Don Chaney type of recruit takes a visit late and we dont pull his scholly (which is the right move but makes us look gutless). I thought TNM wasnt scared?

Advertisement
During Larry Bluestein froday Interview on WQAM he Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy. An as usual Blue keeps it 100, in saying Diaz is getting ahead of himself, given Miami's record, and He even goes in on the offensive production.

Ya I'm sure he makes some points...But Blustein hasn't been worth listening to in 15-20 years

"Here's a kid that college are starting to take notice to"...Same writeup every kid, they are all superstars...And also it is never the kid's fault in any type of decommit, etc

I'm not sure if Diaz can/will stick to this. But besides "Winning"...Which every coach is trying to do. Something has to be done.

I mean if we wanna make the interview legit, why doesn't the interviewer just come out and ask...Ok "what should Miami do to combat other teams paying kids to play there?" What's bluster's cute little answer to that gonna be?

Clemson, UGA, and Bama have each proved something. They can do this cause they are sending kids to the league.

We are 1-2 with our only win against a FCS school. We routinely have poor performances on the big stage and our kids, the ones that were recruited by everybody, dont live up to their potential. The truth hurts but it's the truth. We were supposed to be the flagship of the ACC and have yet to win a conference championship.

You cant play hardball when you have no leverage! Our number one selling point right now is location. And those 3 schools named earlier are paying for the "inconvenience" of leaving SFLA.

I think it's a stupid approach to publicly state this and we will look worse when a Don Chaney type of recruit takes a visit late and we dont pull his scholly (which is the right move but makes us look gutless). I thought TNM wasnt scared?

So what do you suggest we keep letting all these big time Miami recruits that say they’re all Miami spit in her face and leave , all this is going to do is determine if you’re all Miami you’re all on Miami !

I thought college teams can't play for recruits to come where the fudge is the Ncaa and why are they not banning schools for this,if it was Miami paying for recruits the football program would have the death penalty!!!!!

So what do you suggest we keep letting all these big time Miami recruits that say they’re all Miami spit in her face and leave , all this is going to do is determine if you’re all Miami you’re all on Miami ! Really all I think this is going to help with is us getting screwed at the end of recruiting

I suggest we put a product on the field that resembles our glory days and start making those UGA/Clemson/BAMA bags alot heavier.

We cant compete with the Bag schools but we can make it alot harder for kids to take a bag to spend 3-4 years in some country town. Right now, we arent! Kids dont need bags to go to those school. They can look at who's putting guys in the league and getting them that 1st round $. We went from THE U to discount U and is not a good look.

I think if we start taking care of everything on the field the rest will come in place. But complaining about kids looking around when you arent winning games your supposed to is immature.

If we had every 5star SFLA player committed to UM, we'd still be 1-2 right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think this has anything
I suggest we put a product on the field that resembles our glory days and start making those UGA/Clemson/BAMA bags alot heavier.

We cant compete with the Bag schools but we cant make it alot harder for kids to take a bag to spend 3-4 years in some country town. Right now, we arent! Kids dont need bags to go to those school. They can look at who's putting guys in the league and getting them that 1st round $. We went from THE U to discount U and is not a good look.

I think if we start taking care of everything on the field the rest will come in place. But complaining about kids looking around when you arent winning games your supposed to is immature.

If we had every 5star SFLA player committed to UM, we'd still be 1-2 right now.

I agree with putting a product on the field I’m just sick of these punk *** kids spitting in our hometown schools face, I also feel like if a kid isn’t serious about Miami he’s probably not gonna pick us in the end , and I’m still interested in seeing how far Manny goes with it because he did say something as he understands kids going on visits but at some point in the year it’s got to stop

I don't see anything changing, top player are going to do what they want anyway. What are going to do, turn down a 5* because he took a visit? Doubt it. More talk that we won't back up with action probably.

Advertisement
Stop complaining about bags. Every school including Miami does it

9oz_Original_Plantain_820x.jpg

Are the only bags being given out in Coral Gables to football recruits.

Go Canes

Advertisement
During Larry Bluestein froday Interview on WQAM he Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy. An as usual Blue keeps it 100, in saying Diaz is getting ahead of himself, given Miami's record, and He even goes in on the offensive production.

He seems like a nice guy and I know he had a bout with cancer, but whenever I’ve heard him speak, he’s 110% for the kids, regardless of the circumstances and regardless of how they act in recruiting, he’s never going to take a school’s interest into account with these types of things.

He seems like a nice guy and I know he had a bout with cancer, but whenever I’ve heard him speak, he’s 110% for the kids, regardless of the circumstances and regardless of how they act in recruiting, he’s never going to take a school’s interest into account with these types of things.
This is exactly the case. Blu is 100% about promoting the kids. Hats off to him for that. But, as a Canes fan, you must take his positions and evaluations with a grain of salt.

Blustering’s right..Manny tries this with the way we’re playing and kids are gonna laugh in his face unless he’s in the process of setting up a network to keep these kids home.
Not a Blustein fan at all but he’s 💯 % right on this ...imho

Blustering’s right..Manny tries this with the way we’re playing and kids are gonna laugh in his face unless he’s in the process of setting up a network to keep these kids home.
Not a Blustein fan at all but he’s 💯 % right on this ...imho
He isnt right. So what is diaz supposed to do? Just say fúck it since we lost a couple games the recruits can keep playing around with the program?

Dabo been using his guidelines at clemson before they became elite and it has worked out for them. As a new coach you have to establish your type of program.

Advertisement
Back