Larry Bluestein Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy

During Larry Bluestein froday Interview on WQAM he Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy. An as usual Blue keeps it 100, in saying Diaz is getting ahead of himself, given Miami's record, and He even goes in on the offensive production.

In this day and age I don’t know why either side, recruit or school, try to speak in absolutes.

Between injuries and coaches coming and going everything is fluid. I blame the majority of the recruits that have decommitted over the years because of poor coaching and poor results.

Al Golden and Jon/Mark Richt we’re idiots for not continuously recruiting all options at each position.

It’s no surprise the year we went 10-2 we had a top ten recruiting class. Win and ABR (always be recruiting) and Miami will continue to progress

Advertisement
I don't see the issue with Manny's like of thinking here. He isn't saying a commit cannot take any visits or enjoy the process. He is just saying that if you are committed we want you to enjoy the process and take your visits before the start of your senior year. That way if they change their mind he and his staff at least have the entire fall to work on a replacement rather than waiting until December to switch leaving us with no chance to replace them. He is also letting them know if you want to continue to look during your senior year just know we are also going to be looking. Sounds like he is being very upfront with them. I would go further and say that unless you are ready to completely shut things down we would rather you hold off on committing. That is what Clemson does which is one reason they have not had a decommitment in forever. Too often we have a kid visit for Junior day and commit on the spot due to the visit high. Then they start getting more offers and visit places and they decommit. Visit other places, enjoy the process and then make your decision.

Thank you. That is all Diaz is saying, and Dabo has used this same approach even before they got it rolling. And *** what Bluestein says, he knows **** well these kids are bag chasing. Take what he says about UM recruiting with a grain of salt. Doesn’t his response sounds eerily similarly to the garbage Donnel Harris old boy was spewing.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is all Diaz is saying, and Dabo has used this same approach even before they got it rolling. And *** what Bluestein says, he knows **** well these kids are bag chasing. Take what he says about UM recruiting with a grain of salt. Doesn’t his response sounds eerily similarly to the garbage Donnel Harris old boy was spewing.
clemson hasnt had a decommit in forever cause of bags

n we fuqed cause of this strategy imo

Advertisement
If there wasn’t any leverage where UM is concerned then we wouldn’t be discussing this, Manny wouldn’t have tweaked the policy to heighten an already established leverage, and these recruits wouldn’t be committing early to UM, only to decommit later.

Logically, UM must have some sort of leverage. Those other teams do have tangible leverage where winning, development, draft status and success is concerned but as long as Miami is being constantly and consistently listed alongside these powerhouse teams then we can behave as they do. U can do this when you are mentioned with the big dogs (there’s a reason we are making these kid’s top 5 and top 10 lists, there are a lot of schools who don’t).

Example: My demographic, the black community continues to vote resoundingly for a political party that consistently doesn’t afford us any *tangible* perks for our allegiance. I’m in zero way advocating for us to vote Republican because of this, but rather to vote for whomever has a specific agenda with tangibles for the collective of our voting block.

My point is that you can garner loyalty without results and tangibles. Now I don’t have a problem at all with South Floridian recruits going after the programs providing tangibles, but UM does have a name, a culture and some leverage with these kids. We shouldn’t be on here letting the cat out the bag, and exposing Diaz’s move or approach against our own fan-based self-interest. Let him work, I agree with the stance.

As was said in the interview “ you can’t make demands at 7-7 in your last 14”...

Learn to recruit better or win at a high level to make the decision hard.Either one of those or drop bigger bags.

These kids,parents and handlers in S.Fla are fickle enough without having ultimatums given to them by a program that ain’t won sHT in almost two decades...Manny wants to try this he might want to wait until he win’s something cause right now all these kids see is a middle of the road program that hasn’t won anything in their entire lifetime..

I agree! All we have to do is win consistently. Of course we won’t get every one but we’ll get the a lot more top talent. Clemson wasn’t turning people away or giving ultimatums in 08, 09 or 10. They just recently started after they were dominating. We have to win consistently not just for one year. We have to prove it isn’t a fluke. I mean we won 10 straight in 2017 but then loss 3 straight to end the season but we still brought in a good class. We can’t be entitled, if we want athletes to come here and trust us with their future of making the league then we need to do our job on the field and win more consistently. No more losses to UNC’s, UVA’s, Pitts, Dukes, GT, BC, etc. Like we haven’t proven ourselves.

During Larry Bluestein froday Interview on WQAM he Talks Miami's New Recruiting Policy. An as usual Blue keeps it 100, in saying Diaz is getting ahead of himself, given Miami's record, and He even goes in on the offensive production.

It's not hard... it's real simple! If you still wanna play games you can... you just can't be committed to us while you do it. If you wanna wait till NSD and sign with us you still can. Just don't commit to us until you're 100% sure because you won't be able to take other visits after that! So again... you can take all the visits you want before committing to us and we're not forcing anybody to commit. Don't see the problem here... if you're committed to us why should you be visiting other schools anyways???

Advertisement
The university of Miami has the nose decommitments by a WIDE MARGIN.

If I was the HC, I wouldn’t take ANY commit (verbally) until August, going into their senior year.

I sat in section 247 right behind the VIP area. She was there for at least 3 home games in 2017. And she attended several games in 2018. As far as her son and the rest of her family I don’t know.

I feel comfortable in calling you a liar. Here is a direct quote from Carol Soffer's son.

By the way, there is a tool called Google........... Learn to use it, and it might prevent you from looking foolish in the future!

From the Miami Herald (which is Miami's sole newspaper since the SUn Sentinel is more Fort Lauderdale focused):

Jeffrey Soffer, who conceded he has never been to a UM football game but will attend one soon, said it was an honor for the family “to do something like this’’ for his mother. “I love you, mom,’’ he said.

Soffer, a prominent South Florida real estate developer and philanthropist, is married to and was accompanied by former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Elle Macpherson. He is having the indoor facility named in honor of his mother Carol.

I feel comfortable in calling you a liar. Here is a direct quote from Carol Soffer's son.

By the way, there is a tool called Google........... Learn to use it, and it might prevent you from looking foolish in the future!

From the Miami Herald (which is Miami's sole newspaper since the SUn Sentinel is more Fort Lauderdale focused):

Jeffrey Soffer, who conceded he has never been to a UM football game but will attend one soon, said it was an honor for the family “to do something like this’’ for his mother. “I love you, mom,’’ he said.

Soffer, a prominent South Florida real estate developer and philanthropist, is married to and was accompanied by former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Elle Macpherson. He is having the indoor facility named in honor of his mother Carol.
I said his mother has been to games.
I also said that for the rest of her family idk. Idk means I don’t know.
She’s been to my job once and I thanked her for her contribution and she offered me and some of my coworkers tickets.
I’m not on here to tell tales and make sht up.
I get no benefit from it. If calling me a liar makes you feel good that’s a personality issue you can deal with on your own.

That google sht you were talking btw
1568759622064.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
U need the talent to produce and coaching. And we’ve been lacking on the latter. The Board of Trustees still treats the program like a thrift shop or a swap meet. We got lucky with Adidas money and then we went after a “wholesome” big name in Richt. When he didn’t pan out we went right back to discount savings and hired a defensive coordinator that shoulda been getting his teeth cut at temple. The Dabo Swinney method only words when u hire ELITE coordinators and stay the Fvck outta their way. We needed a big name and we played it safe. Coker, Shannon, Golden, RICHT, Diaz. 5 coaches ONE big name. I realize Miami ain’t what she used to be but these guys gotta realize college football is a different beast today.

Advertisement
Back