Largest College Football Attedance Drop In 34 Years

You’re not going to games if you think we have that many nooners.

Try again.

Umm I just told you ive been a season ticket holder for 5 yrs and have gone to most away games the past two yrs as well. Not a big deal man just my opinion.

Last yr we played VA and BCU at Noon. So if Savannah St and lets say Duke are noon games this yr, IMO there is no way were beating last yrs attendance that included ND and VT night games.

I’m not mocking our fan base or saying anything negative other than our home schedule blows this yr. UNC was terrible last yr, Duke is Duke, Pitt isnt a big draw but it could be with it being the last game of the yr, Sav st is garbage, FIU is garbage, and FSU will be sold out.

Advertisement
Umm I just told you ive been a season ticket holder for 5 yrs and have gone to most away games the past two yrs as well. Not a big deal man just my opinion.

Last yr we played VA and BCU at Noon. So if Savannah St and lets say Duke are noon games this yr, IMO there is no way were beating last yrs attendance that included ND and VT night games.

I’m not mocking our fan base or saying anything negative other than our home schedule blows this yr. UNC was terrible last yr, Duke is Duke, Pitt isnt a big draw but it could be with it being the last game of the yr, Sav st is garbage, FIU is garbage, and FSU will be sold out.

Sometimes, games like Savannah State are like 6 PM games.

I don’t see more than 2 noon games next year, but we’ll see.

Unless we shlt the bid, all games will be over 50k. Of course, guaranteed ticket sales will be over 50k because of season ticket sales. So that’s a given. Assuming 2 nooners, you ll get the 50k, but the butts might not all get into the seats until late into the 2nd quarter.

FIU? You might get an extra 5k FIU bros and chongas to put us over the top. Enjoy the fights in the stands and on the field.

So, it might be hard to match last year’s per game average, you have a point with that, but I don’t think it will be much less. If we end up killing it...there won’t be any difference or it will be better.

I just had to respond to this post.
Your subtext: "You're here to entertain, dance for us you awful *****". I'd like to know who the fvck feels that way. You may know these types of people but I don't. Been all over this country and I haven't felt or seen that kind of racist **** in a long while... and I'm a baby boomer. May be some pockets of racist people (white and black and other variations) but its not that prevalent.
And as for the "Constitutionally protected rights" I think we all know how much disrespecting the flag/country you can get away with here in the US. That's not the problem... the problem as I see it is that generations have fought and some have died for that freedom. The key here is died. So you have to feel very strongly about something to fight and possibly die for it... and you best believe that the least that we all can do to honor those patriots who fought for this country is show some RESPECT when symbols of our country are observed. Or is it that some of you believe that these freedoms are guaranteed, that God will protect them forever for us without us having to fight for them. Yea right!

They fought and died for their very right to kneel during the pledge. They aren't doing it to disrespect the military they are doing it to draw attention to the fact that cops murder innocent citizens and don't even lose their jobs. The only people that claim it disrespects the military are the people that want to draw attention from the real issue because they aren't the ones that are affected by brutality.

They fought and died for the American way, for American liberty, and for American freedom... the National anthem represents this country and those who fought for it. Find another way to protest but not with the anthem. All you have done is ****ed off a lot of folks. Please, if killing is the issue then why don't you all protest the rampant senseless killings in our major cities that are not committed by cops.
I personally don't think that the taking a knee thing is only about cops either, it's a little more than that and many people can see through the smoke.

Advertisement
They fought and died for the American way, for American liberty, and for American freedom... the National anthem represents this country and those who fought for it. Find another way to protest but not with the anthem. All you have done is ****ed off a lot of folks. Please, if killing is the issue then why don't you all protest the rampant senseless killings in our major cities that are not committed by cops.
I personally don't think that the taking a knee thing is only about cops either, it's a little more than that and many people can see through the smoke.

I agree they should find a better way to draw attention to the issue so that no one can try to skew the message with their own biases. Unfortanetly they seem that think this is the best method and to their defense they have drawn a lot of light to the issue. The difference is that when a gang member kills another person he gets arrested and punished. No one goes around saying Gang lives matters and claims it was self defense or any other ridiculous response. When a cop kills a citizen he gets off scott free. Tons of citizens come out saying blue lives matter and its one bad apple. Literaly every interview regarding the flag is about the police. You never hear them say ya I am kneeling because I don't appreciate the military.

Its not really baffling that people fighting for freedom would want to allow people free speech. I could care less what he says. I was just stating that if he doesnt like people expressing their freedom of expression he could move to another country that doesn't allow that. This is America a free country, we will never stop people from expressing themselves.

But again you say you respect his freedom of speech, and those that defend it (only if it agrees with your views), yet you still say he should move to a different country for expressing a view that opposes yours. Again, this is a divisive view that only serves to tear our country apart. You, like Cane26amberdexter want to feel that you are doing the right thing, but you are just passing on judgement with your views.

Jackbenimble is correct, people have turned away from the NFL due to kneeling. Others on the board are also correct, ratings are down for other various reasons. It is what it is.

BTW, as a friend, stay away for 24/7 news like CNN and MSNBC. They will poison your mind. Fake News!

But again you say you respect his freedom of speech, and those that defend it (only if it agrees with your views), yet you still say he should move to a different country for expressing a view that opposes yours. Again, this is a divisive view that only serves to tear our country apart. You, like Cane26amberdexter want to feel that you are doing the right thing, but you are just passing on judgement with your views.

Jackbenimble is correct, people have turned away from the NFL due to kneeling. Others on the board are also correct, ratings are down for other various reasons. It is what it is.

BTW, as a friend, stay away for 24/7 news like CNN and MSNBC. They will poison your mind. Fake News!

I am not saying he should. I respect his opinion and if I met him in the street I would politely disagree and keep it moving. I gave him a good an honest recommendation. If you don't like like freedom of speech you can always move out(its a free country). I am not telling him to move it was just an observation. I know people are turning away from the NFL because of the kneeling. It is people who support police brutality and like to use the "this offends the troops" angle as an excuse. I don't watch CNN or MSNBC thanks for the recommendation though!

I'm for punishing all murderers whether it's a civilian or a cop... if it is proven that they committed murder. But for cops it's a bit different since they carry a gun and they respond when called on or when they deem it necessary to intervene. If a cop is prosecuted for murder, it must be proven in a court of law and a jury decides their outcome. Look, the cop that killed the black guy when he was running from him and was shot in the back several times... he should rot in jail.
On the flip side, I don't think that anybody is looking for the real killers of Nicole and Ronald Goldman because they pretty much know who the killer is... **** happens when juries deliberate. I'm for better juries, better cops, and respectful civilians.

You won't believe me if I tell you that I'm a victim of police brutality and served time because of a crocked cop in the 70's. I was really innocent but **** happens sometimes. What I learned since then... live a good clean life, respect everybody if they respect you, if a cop says lay on the ground I lay on the ground. Michael Jackson said it best when he spoke about the "man in the mirror".
I also learned since I was a little kid to stand for the national anthem... nothing will change that.

Advertisement
I'm for punishing all murderers whether it's a civilian or a cop... if it is proven that they committed murder. But for cops it's a bit different since they carry a gun and they respond when called on or when they deem it necessary to intervene. If a cop is prosecuted for murder, it must be proven in a court of law and a jury decides their outcome. Look, the cop that killed the black guy when he was running from him and was shot in the back several times... he should rot in jail.
On the flip side, I don't think that anybody is looking for the real killers of Nicole and Ronald Goldman because they pretty much know who the killer is... **** happens when juries deliberate. I'm for better juries, better cops, and respectful civilians.

You won't believe me if I tell you that I'm a victim of police brutality and served time because of a crocked cop in the 70's. I was really innocent but **** happens sometimes. What I learned since then... live a good clean life, respect everybody if they respect you, if a cop says lay on the ground I lay on the ground. Michael Jackson said it best when he spoke about the "man in the mirror".
I also learned since I was a little kid to stand for the national anthem... nothing will change that.

We agree on all points. Best thing about this country is even if we didn't we could all state out views in an open forum. I too stand for the pledge, but I wont hold it against another American because they want to exercise their rights.

I am not saying he should. I respect his opinion and if I met him in the street I would politely disagree and keep it moving. I gave him a good an honest recommendation. If you don't like like freedom of speech you can always move out(its a free country). I am not telling him to move it was just an observation. I know people are turning away from the NFL because of the kneeling. It is people who support police brutality and like to use the "this offends the troops" angle as an excuse. I don't watch CNN or MSNBC thanks for the recommendation though!

I guess I understand what you are trying to say but it seems misguided. I know people that do not agree with kneeling, and will not watch the NFL any longer. They also do not agree with police brutality. This is one area I can agree with you that I know tons of people, and do not know anyone that supports police brutality! This has nothing to do with troops, it has everything to do with the citizens (including the troops) of the USA as one. Also, because the other person did not support kneeling, which you clearly do, you still feel that it is some form of a violation of freedom of speech. It is not, and he should not be encouraged (recommended or observed as you now put it) to move to NK due to a differing opinion.

I guess I understand what you are trying to say but it seems misguided. I know people that do not agree with kneeling, and will not watch the NFL any longer. They also do not agree with police brutality. This is one area I can agree with you that I know tons of people, and do not know anyone that supports police brutality! This has nothing to do with troops, it has everything to do with the citizens (including the troops) of the USA as one. Also, because the other person did not support kneeling, which you clearly do, you still feel that it is some form of a violation of freedom of speech. It is not, and he should not be encouraged (recommended or observed as you now put it) to move to NK due to a differing opinion.

I wasn't encouraging him to move there. I was simply saying that if you dont like freedom of speech there are plenty of countries that don't allow it. NK is one of them. I can assure you that if the NK athletes kneeled during their anthem they would quickly be slaughtered. Personally I stand for the pledge. My father is a marine so I will always stand for the pledge. However, I will never force someone else to stand for the pledge. I am not sure if you are aware, but a US vet actually recommended Kap kneel https://www.snopes.com/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/. Originally he was planning on sitting for the pledge in order to draw attention to police brutality, but Nate Boyer a Green Beret vet recomended that he kneel instead(and it worked police brutality has been brought to light like never before). I am sure plenty of people stopped watching because of the kneeling. I am sure some, like yourself, feel this is disrespect to the American people. Many do support police brutality(as long as it doesnt start to spread into wealthy neighborhoods, brutality also happens against poor whites and hispanics as well. It is not a race issue, but a wealth issue). Many of these players are proud that they brought this issue mainstream and are not upset that they lost some viewers because of it. For the record I am not a big news guy(at work Fox News is usualy the station of choice so that is what I end up seeing the most of), but I do read the WSJ for financial info. I don't really care to know about the majority of the topics the news discusses.

The political aspect of this is irrelevant for the college game.

In the NFL it may or may not be relevant as far as declining attendance, but it’s totally irrelevant in the college context.

I know a ton of people that cancelled dolphins seasons tickets (for the political reasons) and are now getting Hurricanes season tickets. People who like the sport but now don’t like the NFL will start paying more attention to the college game. I would have expected to see a pick up in sales at the NCAA level

Advertisement
I wasn't encouraging him to move there. I was simply saying that if you dont like freedom of speech there are plenty of countries that don't allow it. NK is one of them. I can assure you that if the NK athletes kneeled during their anthem they would quickly be slaughtered. Personally I stand for the pledge. My father is a marine so I will always stand for the pledge. However, I will never force someone else to stand for the pledge. I am not sure if you are aware, but a US vet actually recommended Kap kneel https://www.snopes.com/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/. Originally he was planning on sitting for the pledge in order to draw attention to police brutality, but Nate Boyer a Green Beret vet recomended that he kneel instead(and it worked police brutality has been brought to light like never before). I am sure plenty of people stopped watching because of the kneeling. I am sure some, like yourself, feel this is disrespect to the American people. Many do support police brutality(as long as it doesnt start to spread into wealthy neighborhoods, brutality also happens against poor whites and hispanics as well. It is not a race issue, but a wealth issue). Many of these players are proud that they brought this issue mainstream and are not upset that they lost some viewers because of it. For the record I am not a big news guy(at work Fox News is usualy the station of choice so that is what I end up seeing the most of), but I do read the WSJ for financial info. I don't really care to know about the majority of the topics the news discusses.

He's free to kneel all he wants. They're free to kneel all they want. I'm free to be fed up with spoiled pro athletes and all their money and do something else on Sunday than watch the NFL. I've watched perhaps part of a few NFL games over the five or six years.

He's free to kneel all he wants. They're free to kneel all they want. I'm free to be fed up with spoiled pro athletes and all their money and do something else on Sunday than watch the NFL. I've watched perhaps part of a few NFL games over the five or six years.

I am glad we are in agreement. I personally think its a breath of fresh air to see athletes willing to risk support from fans to spread awareness to an issue that drastically affects their friends and families. They all know that less fans mean smaller contracts(if enough people stop watching), yet they are willing to make that sacrifice.

Advertisement
I know a ton of people that cancelled dolphins seasons tickets (for the political reasons) and are now getting Hurricanes season tickets. People who like the sport but now don’t like the NFL will start paying more attention to the college game. I would have expected to see a pick up in sales at the NCAA level

I wasn’t aware of this.

I know one thing for sure, the phins have made their shilt show a yearly tradition going on twenty years now. I appreciate what Ross has done for the Hurricanes sake as far as the stadium, but the organization seems cursed in every decision they make for themselves.

NFL just signed a ridiculous TV deal with Fox. They ain’t scared of ****. All the angry racists of this country are going to have to deal with the NFL for a looooooooong time.

Oh so now we’re racists because we believe in honoring the flag and soldiers of “all races” that have served it and given there lives for it? Ok dip****, sounds like you’re the one with a tiny world view. I’m a minority and a veteran and your comment makes sick but I’m not surprised to hear that from some like you who was probably a coward draft dodger. And if you think the NFL isn’t concerned about turning off over half of America then I suggest you take a course in business/advertising/economics you ignorant fool!

I know a ton of vets and none of them feel disrespected by them kneeling to protest police brutality. They fought for their right to do that. If you dont like free speech you could always move to a different country whose views align with yours, such as North Korea.

I’m a Vet and I find it extremely disrespectful and down right un American liberal “I hate America” trash! Don’t ever think you speak for me or any veteran as you obviously didn’t have the courage to sign up and actually fight for the freedom we all are blessed to live under. Sounds like you would be the better person to move to North Korea because it’s very clear that your “Hate America movement” is very strong there as well.

There is no need for a sporting event to feature prayer, military displays, flag ceremonies, or singing. All of those things are BELOVED by right-wingers. So the board will have to forgive me when I laugh at some right-winger who is "mad" about something "liberal" being displayed at a sporting event, such as a protest, when these same right-wingers refuse to acknowledge the other non-sports-related stuff.

If the right-wingers were HONEST about "removing all politics" from sports, they would have eliminated the fake religion and fake patriotism a long time ago.

Instead, this is all about...well, we all know, even if we refuse to admit it. The primary objection is related to something...OTHER than "politics".

Again to America haters like you two it means nothing because neither of you truly care about this country. You don’t care about it’s protection, you don’t care about our judeo Christian beliefs that this great country was founded on. Really what you two want clearly is communism. You know where all religion and freedoms are banned, where country pride is banned and all that matters is the government and its state run programs. Again it’s people like you two and your whacked out views are why the dems lost, both of you our so out of touch with America and would probably be better off moving to San Francisco and joining antifa. Here’s a news flash, the patriotism before games is not supposed to be political, it’s meant to honor those who have made the ulitimate sacrifice so we can sit there and watch a football in peace. The only people that think it’s political are the “America hating LEFT”. Which again is why the Democratic Party is In it’s worst position in this country in a almost a hundred years. Just stating facts!

Advertisement
Back