Largest College Football Attedance Drop In 34 Years

I think our attendance will be down this yr simply because of our very weak home schedule. Last yr ND and Vt were sold out. This yr FSU will be sold out but the rest of the crowds will be weak.
GTech and Virginia were both slammed and they're both "lesser" teams. Win and the city will come, doesn't matter who we're playing.

Advertisement
GTech and Virginia were both slammed and they're both "lesser" teams. Win and the city will come, doesn't matter who we're playing.

All i’m saying is this yr you basically take away the ND game and don’t replace it since last yr we had 7 home games and this yr we have 6. We’re not selling out UNC, Pitt (unless were undefeated since its last game), duke, fiu, or Sav St. Simple math thats all.

I was in Tuscaloosa last year. Very nice campus and walkable college town. Great on campus stadium. Beautiful girls. It's not fair to say that players wouldn't go to Bama if not for better shot at title and bags.

Once again, we have one of those posters who "speaks up" for Tuscaloosa and misses the point by concluding that players go to Alabama for reasons other than titles and bags.

Here's the reality. Nearly every Power 5 campus is nice, walkable, and full of beautiful girls. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but to act as if Alabama is the best of the lot is a joke.

Therefore, when you use logic properly, the better question is WHY Alabama (which, sure, is a nice place with hot chicks) is the FAVORITE choice among particular players. Don't tell me it is the warm and friendly alums, the ones who can't wait to say the N-word once the room is safely filled only with whitefolk.

The reality is that there are many nice campuses with hot girls. Alabama is, in that regard, not unique at all. Thus, the "deciding factor" is, once again, the "titles and bags".

All i’m saying is this yr you basically take away the ND game and don’t replace it since last yr we had 7 home games and this yr we have 6. We’re not selling out UNC, Pitt (unless were undefeated since its last game), duke, fiu, or Sav St. Simple math thats all.

Barring a total collapse, there won’t be a single game this season where we’re under 50k. Even Savannah State. Have you been attending games the last couple of years? You wouldn’t even be saying this if you were

Exactly.... I think we need to do away with all that pointless bs. Don't give af about hearing the boring *** national anthem every game. And don't want to see any military tributes either... shxt is ridiculous perform that **** during the state of the union or at town hall meetings. I'm trying to watch sports I don't care about all the fake displays of patriotism.

There is no need for a sporting event to feature prayer, military displays, flag ceremonies, or singing. All of those things are BELOVED by right-wingers. So the board will have to forgive me when I laugh at some right-winger who is "mad" about something "liberal" being displayed at a sporting event, such as a protest, when these same right-wingers refuse to acknowledge the other non-sports-related stuff.

If the right-wingers were HONEST about "removing all politics" from sports, they would have eliminated the fake religion and fake patriotism a long time ago.

Instead, this is all about...well, we all know, even if we refuse to admit it. The primary objection is related to something...OTHER than "politics".

Advertisement
There is no need for a sporting event to feature prayer, military displays, flag ceremonies, or singing. All of those things are BELOVED by right-wingers. So the board will have to forgive me when I laugh at some right-winger who is "mad" about something "liberal" being displayed at a sporting event, such as a protest, when these same right-wingers refuse to acknowledge the other non-sports-related stuff.

If the right-wingers were HONEST about "removing all politics" from sports, they would have eliminated the fake religion and fake patriotism a long time ago.

Instead, this is all about...well, we all know, even if we refuse to admit it. The primary objection is related to something...OTHER than "politics".

Always playing the "card" huh?

I hate the fake, forced patriotism too. In fact, I tend to dislike most of everything that goes on in the stadium that isn't about football - these games take forever and a day as it stands. Which, coincidentally, is probably another major reason why people don't want to go to games. THEY TAKE TOO LONG, and most of that time is BS that has nothing to do with football. The commercial timeouts are worse in the NFL, but I noticed similar issues during our nationally-televised games this past season.

I follow my canes players in the box scores. That’s about as far as I get into the NFL anymore.

I think our attendance will be down this yr simply because of our very weak home schedule. Last yr ND and Vt were sold out. This yr FSU will be sold out but the rest of the crowds will be weak.

Every single game will be 55,000+ or more, and every game but FIU and Savannah State could be a sell out unless the team totally ***** the bed.

Advertisement
Once again, we have one of those posters who "speaks up" for Tuscaloosa and misses the point by concluding that players go to Alabama for reasons other than titles and bags.

Here's the reality. Nearly every Power 5 campus is nice, walkable, and full of beautiful girls. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but to act as if Alabama is the best of the lot is a joke.

Therefore, when you use logic properly, the better question is WHY Alabama (which, sure, is a nice place with hot chicks) is the FAVORITE choice among particular players. Don't tell me it is the warm and friendly alums, the ones who can't wait to say the N-word once the room is safely filled only with whitefolk.

The reality is that there are many nice campuses with hot girls. Alabama is, in that regard, not unique at all. Thus, the "deciding factor" is, once again, the "titles and bags".

It certainly can't be for their snake of a head coach. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone wants to play for that lying scumbag.

It’s fascinating to me how peoples opinions can differ so much. Some people don’t want the national anthem played. Personally I think it’s the highlight of being at a game.

Barring a total collapse, there won’t be a single game this season where we’re under 50k. Even Savannah State. Have you been attending games the last couple of years? You wouldn’t even be saying this if you were

Yes ive been a season ticket holder since I moved to West Palm 5 yrs ago. I have a hard time believing we have 50k plus for Sav st or any of the inevitable nooners against the likes of UNC, Duke, or Pitt. I hope you’re right though.

Yes ive been a season ticket holder since I moved to West Palm 5 yrs ago. I have a hard time believing we have 50k plus for Sav st or any of the inevitable nooners against the likes of UNC, Duke, or Pitt. I hope you’re right though.

Kickoff time can be the difference between 45k showing up and 55k showing up for a Miami game. These noon kickoffs against nobodies are usually bad for "butts in seats" attendance. Announced attendance should be over 50k every game because of season ticket sales. Lots of people buy season tickets for the one or two big home games a year and don't bother showing up for the other 5 games.

Advertisement
It’s fascinating to me how peoples opinions can differ so much. Some people don’t want the national anthem played. Personally I think it’s the highlight of being at a game.

Usually I think the highlight of being at a football game is the football game, but hey to each their own.

Kickoff time can be the difference between 45k showing up and 55k showing up for a Miami game. These noon kickoffs against nobodies are usually bad for "butts in seats" attendance. Announced attendance should be over 50k every game because of season ticket sales. Lots of people buy season tickets for the one or two big home games a year and don't bother showing up for the other 5 games.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Usually I think the highlight of being at a football game is the football game, but hey to each their own.

That’s exactly right. To each his own. Wish more people in this country took that approach. I like the national anthem more then the game & that’s ok.

Advertisement

You’re not going to games if you think we have that many nooners.

Try again.

I find this post amusing. You apparently know a "ton of vets" and amazingly not a singling one shares a view other than yours. Simply baffling as when you put tons of people together you get contrasting views, unless you are in perhaps North Korea.

Then you mock the QP about free speech essentially taking away his right of free speech. Like his view or not, it is his right to express it under free speech, unless you feel those that oppose your opinion should be in North Korea?

Your views sound very liberal, am I close?

Its not really baffling that people fighting for freedom would want to allow people free speech. I could care less what he says. I was just stating that if he doesnt like people expressing their freedom of expression he could move to another country that doesn't allow that. This is America a free country, we will never stop people from expressing themselves.

I was in Tuscaloosa last year. Very nice campus and walkable college town. Great on campus stadium. Beautiful girls. It's not fair to say that players wouldn't go to Bama if not for better shot at title and bags.

That must be why so many billionaires move to Alabama once they get money. Only places players would rather live is NYC and LA. Maybe San Francisco and Chicago.

Whenever I hear one of those mouth breathers complain about a fellow citizen standing up for injustice, all I can think about is the subtext. The subtext of "You're here to entertain, dance for us you awful *****". It's cowardly to hide behind the flag, knowing full well that protecting and honoring constitutionally protected rights should be the thing that all of us agree on.
I just had to respond to this post.
Your subtext: "You're here to entertain, dance for us you awful *****". I'd like to know who the fvck feels that way. You may know these types of people but I don't. Been all over this country and I haven't felt or seen that kind of racist **** in a long while... and I'm a baby boomer. May be some pockets of racist people (white and black and other variations) but its not that prevalent.
And as for the "Constitutionally protected rights" I think we all know how much disrespecting the flag/country you can get away with here in the US. That's not the problem... the problem as I see it is that generations have fought and some have died for that freedom. The key here is died. So you have to feel very strongly about something to fight and possibly die for it... and you best believe that the least that we all can do to honor those patriots who fought for this country is show some RESPECT when symbols of our country are observed. Or is it that some of you believe that these freedoms are guaranteed, that God will protect them forever for us without us having to fight for them. Yea right!

Advertisement
Back