Lane Train

Advertisement
Advertisement
What was the excuse when LSU scored 35 unanswered on him 3 weeks ago?
He doesn't need an excuse. He's proven he can do a great job in the best conference in the nation. His body of work speaks for itself. Who cares if LSU scored 35 unanswered. He has proven he can coach. So has Brian Kelly but I guess if anyone were to compliment him then you would bring up the 4-8 year at Notre Dame or when Mark Richt butt plunged him back in 2017 or when Bama embarrassed him in the national title game in 2013. All good even great coaches have bad stretches. It's just part of the game.

And no I'm not Lane Train or whatever it is. I just know Kiffin is a good coach and has come a long way. I'm all for giving Mario a chance to redeem himself on the OC hire but he's going to have to accept that he needs to be a CEO type.

Advertisement
Naw we just think of him going to Miami Gardens for a game.
Shocked Ice Cube GIF

I'm a Lane guy, but can't defend him on this game. Getting their asses kicked by a slightly above average Arkansas team. I don't know if he checked out after that Alabama game. I think that game meant a lot to him and they chocked in the final series. Regardless, it's up to Lane to get his team ready, and he clearly didn't do that for this game.

As bad of a beat down they are getting, his offense has still put up over 570 yards. Those 3 turnovers and 10 penalties have killed them. Again, that is on Lane. If we blame Mario for not getting his team mentally prepared, then we have to blame Lane when his team lays an egg.

I do think Mario will have us better over the next few years, just not sure we will be playoff caliber. I hope I am wrong, and I am not giving up on Mario yet, but it's been a bad year.

And yes, I also think we would have a winning record this year if we went with Lane and in the playoffs within a couple years. I would still take Lane over Mario, even though I know he's not considered a program builder.
There’s a lot going on around Lane right now with that Auburn job. I would imagine that had some affect on the team. They had a bye week last week, too. Coming off that Bama game and then the drama likely both a factor

Advertisement
Kiffin is now at yr 3 at Ole Miss. That’s Fact #1. Fact #2 is that Kiffin, HISTORICALLY, have struggled year 1 at every single spot he’s been at, sans G5 FAU.

NFL: Raiders (4-12)
CFB: Tenn (7-6)
CFB: USC (8-5)
CFB: FAU (11-3)
CFB: Ole Miss (5-5)

So u don’t know what Kiffin would’ve done yr 1 here b/c he’s been less than stellar yr 1 every other city he go.

And of course, u’ll come up w a billion & 1 excuses to justify why he struggled year 1 at these spots, & to me that don’t mean chit b/c YOUR OWN COACH GETS ZERO PASS OR EXCUSE!

There’s only two coaches I didn’t give a pass to yr 1: Shannon & Diaz. Why? B/c they were part of the bull chit that took place that led to a firing & early retirement & u don’t ever hire from w/in a failed regime.
I'm not gonna write a 14 paragraph response. I've learned it's not worth it on canesinsight. 5-5 in the SEC west with an inferior roster during the covid year is not bad and truthfully I don't hold those circumstances against him just like I don't hold FIU against Mario. Kiffin would have outscored MTSU, scored atleast a TD at A&M and probably would have split the UNC Duke games with were both winnable.

Lmfaoooo What about Lane Kiffins resume suggests that Miami would have a winning record this year and in the playoffs in s couple years?? He can’t recruit, has never won a conference championship and his offense isn’t anything special.

Lane won 2 conference USA championships....like I said your posts can't be taken seriously....just stop.

And if he recruits so bad....doesn't that make him an even better coach by winning in the toughest division in the toughest conference?

Post less regarding this

@KrazyCane - I get that your posting style is very jerk-like but you cannot be this wrong about a basic fact and still run your mouth the way you do. My advice, check yourself a little bit before moving forward.

Advertisement
Kiffin is now at yr 3 at Ole Miss. That’s Fact #1. Fact #2 is that Kiffin, HISTORICALLY, have struggled year 1 at every single spot he’s been at, sans G5 FAU.

NFL: Raiders (4-12)
CFB: Tenn (7-6)
CFB: USC (8-5)
CFB: FAU (11-3)
CFB: Ole Miss (5-5)

Why discount his work at FAU? Also, I think its fair to note that USC was put on probation within a few months of Kiffin being hired there. That was a brutal probation as well. Two year bowl ban and 30 scholarship reduction.

@KrazyCane - I get that your posting style is very jerk-like but you cannot be this wrong about a basic fact and still run your mouth the way you do. My advice, check yourself a little bit before moving forward.

lol it’s fascinating how Lane Kiffin has so many groupies on here over a weak *** conference USA championship. Lane hasnt done **** in Power 5 the face of what failing upwards looks like. He’s nowhere near the HC that Mike Norvell is let alone Mario. Get off his **** everybody it’s getting weird.

Lane would have been an excellent hire and we'd be in a much better place had we hired him instead of the fraud Cristobal.

Lane would’ve only been an excellent hire among the Lane groupies sexual fantasies but y’all got to put down the lotion and his pictures and start living in reality.

Yea we really need to worry about ourselves instead of basking in our miseries by getting excited when every team falls short. We have our own issues.
Oh, no, no, no. When a certain cabal of posters take great joy in constantly reminding us that we could / should have had Lane Kiffin they have to be able to shoulder threads like this when he bafflingly loses to a middling SEC school.

Fair is fair.

Advertisement
Back