Lane Train

Advertisement
Kiffin never should have been hired in Oakland, completely unfair position for him to be in.

Other than that his only other failure was rather hastily while on probation at USC.

Right after USC I wanted nothing to do with him. But after being Saban's offensive breakthrough, dominating his ranks at FAU and the last two seasons in the SEC west, he's earned my respect and i'm sure he'd crush here.
He failed on Rocky Top.

Failed after one season?
Yes. Brought in to do a multi-year job and bolted.

IF Auburn hired him and 2 years from now somebody else offers "bigger and better", he'll leave then too.

With that said, It Would Be All Aboard the Lane Train in Coral Gables.

Obligatory like the Pirate, he would kill it at Hecht.

The funny thing about the whole he would be gone in 4 years thing is....that means that we would have to be good....

Mario could be gone by year 4 if he continues on the trajectory cause he would be fired.

This aint the stay 10+ year job...only 1 who may get that chance or would want to is actually Mario if he wins.

All the excuses why we didnt get Lane or shouldnt have .....pretty much none have made sense to me. ( cant recruit, would be gone, hes an a hole,etc)

Advertisement
The funny thing about the whole he would be gone in 4 years thing is....that means that we would have to be good....

Mario could be gone by year 4 if he continues on the trajectory cause he would be fired.

This aint the stay 10+ year job...only 1 who may get that chance or would want to is actually Mario if he wins.

All the excuses why we didnt get Lane or shouldnt have .....pretty much none have made sense to me. ( cant recruit, would be gone, hes an a hole,etc)
Lane would've brought Miami to another level of villainy. The trolling and **** talking would've been legendary.

IF Mario had shot us down I hoped Lane would be the guy.

I think being the over the top, **** talking, trolling villains is exactly what we need to be. The attention on Miami with Lane Kiffin is a media wet dream. That type of publicity recruits itself anyway. But then if Lane had the same level of NIL support that Mario has?? I mean.. ****..

Nah man, he would have bolted
I don’t think he would. I don’t think he would’ve left usc had he not got fired. You can’t win a championship at ole miss. You can’t consistently recruit there like you can at auburn

Lane would've brought Miami to another level of villainy. The trolling and **** talking would've been legendary.

IF Mario had shot us down I hoped Lane would be the guy.

I think being the over the top, **** talking, trolling villains is exactly what we need to be. The attention on Miami with Lane Kiffin is a media wet dream. That type of publicity recruits itself anyway. But then if Lane had the same level of NIL support that Mario has?? I mean.. ****..
They dont like us any **** way.....so i woulda been allllllll in on the trolling. The rest of the country thinks Ruiz sells drugs for our NIL.

We at where we at trying to cater or be what we arent. We arent an ivy of the south

Advertisement
You gotta love the reactionary nature and over-scrutinization of coaches that goes on within this site everytime you have a faction of posters who wanted coach A vs coach B. You have one contingent who wanted Lane here so they over scrutinized every Mario loss (especially both of the blowout losses to Utah) and on the opposite end the anti Lane people calling him a corch because he lost the egg bowl by less than 5 points. It's a never ending cycle of knee jerk reactions, armchair quarterbacking, half thought out "hot takes" that lack overall objectivity. This site is definitely entertaining.

I don’t think he would. I don’t think he would’ve left usc had he not got fired. You can’t win a championship at ole miss. You can’t consistently recruit there like you can at auburn
Just baffled that people seem to think Ole Miss is equal to Auburn. Now granted, the seat at Auburn can get much hotter much quicker, but anyone that thinks leaving Ole Miss for Auburn is a lateral move just isn't that familiar with the two programs.
I'll make this definitive statement right here and we can revisit later. IF Kiffin decides to stay, and there's smoke that his kids are pushing for that, whomever AU hires (Freeze is a serious candidate) will outperform him over the next three years (if he's even still at Ole Miss).

Advertisement
Lane Kiffin is 0-5 at Ole Miss vs SEC teams that finish with a record above .500
I don’t understand your post. Are you saying he is 0-5 his entire tenure at Ole Miss against SEC teams that finish with record above .500? He beat Texas A&M and Miss State last year that both finished above .500. Also Arkansas and Tennessee in 2021.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol Chris Johnson Jr says hello. Lane beat Mario for him
1672322405391.gif

Advertisement
Back