Lane supporters

Will you guys support the Canes? Or will you resort to endless "Lane wouldn't this and that " at every turn you don't care for?
I will continue to support the Canes, no matter who is coaching. ****, I like Mario as the Head Coach. The only reason(s) I liked the idea of having Lane, is because A) We wouldn't really need an accomplished OC, because Lane's an Xs and Os type, that has his own system that gives DCs fits. B). If **** goes way left, Lane would be a lot easier to fire. And C) the **** press conferences would be entertaining as fucc. That's it for me

Advertisement
Once again, I'm not a Lane hater. I actually like the dude and think he's a good offensive coach. I'm just concerned as to why a dude who just led Ole Miss to their best regular season in forever is desperately shopping himself around? You'd think he'd be more concerned with building on his short term success at Mississippi. Or at least working on improving his recruiting class which is currently 11th in the SEC. There's some red flags here for sure.

Will you guys support the Canes? Or will you resort to endless "Lane wouldn't this and that " at every turn you don't care for?
It depends on how Lane does next year. It won't end as bad as the BBB club, but it will go away especially if we can finally own the **** coastal.

Advertisement
I wanted other coaches besides Mario, don't think he's the best we could do for the $$$.

That said, I think he's better then what we have had. The OC hire and offensive philosophy will be most important thing now. Praying Mario will keep the up tempo offense. I don't want to dip back into the 60s in plays per game (where Oregon was the last 3 years).

Great points on Admin control, lol.

Dude, not gonna front - I partially, like 50/50 legit wanted Lane JUST for the chaos that he'd bring to CFB as Miami's guy, along with his actual coaching prowess. Have been so battered by the last two decades, that the mischief in me was half the equation. Glad we're in grown up territory today.

Lane is my Id's want. Knew it was unlikely, based on the true insiders takes.

And I understand and can respect your point of view. Lots of people had opinions BASED SOLELY ON COACHING ABILITY AND RESULTS.

But I'm not in favor of some random porster continuing to tell us over and over and over again about how Lane would have been MILLIONS OF DOLLARS cheaper to hire, all based off of a random "I'll take any reasonable offer" leak that was designed to catch Miami's attention before we handed Mario a contract.

nice gonna steal this and post it in the aaron feld thread. No idea whoever is ranking these sees him as that exceptional.

all opinion based but still nice to have someone who is regarded as one of the best
It's the stache dude, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This is from years ago. Where’s Wilson Love on the list? He’s Lane’s S&C coach and Saban just tried to hire him from Lane to be Bama’s head S&C coach. Lane told him to back down. Feld was on the bottom of list of candidates for Saban and Love was first
This is from July 15th. How would you even know where Feld was on Saban's list? Did Saban tweet out his list of candidates?

Advertisement
I wanted other coaches besides Mario, don't think he's the best we could do for the $$$.

That said, I think he's better then what we have had. The OC hire and offensive philosophy will be most important thing now. Praying Mario will keep the up tempo offense. I don't want to dip back into the 60s in plays per game (where Oregon was the last 3 years).

Please make a list of either EQUIVALENT coaches who would have accepted less than $8 million per year, AND/OR a list of BETTER coaches who would have accepted $8 million per year. "Lincoln Riley" answers are not accepted.

Once again, I'm not a Lane hater. I actually like the dude and think he's a good offensive coach. I'm just concerned as to why a dude who just led Ole Miss to their best regular season in forever is desperately shopping himself around? You'd think he'd be more concerned with building on his short term success at Mississippi. Or at least working on improving his recruiting class which is currently 11th in the SEC. There's some red flags here for sure.
Would you like living in Bumfucc, Mississippi? COuld you see yourself doing that for more than 2 years? ****, he's trying to get back to civilization. I'd be shopping myself around too..... especially if I had a house in So. Fla.

I wanted Lane but I am more than happy with Mario and the new direction of the program. LETS GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Would you like living in Bumfucc, Mississippi? COuld you see yourself doing that for more than 2 years? ****, he's trying to get back to civilization. I'd be shopping myself around too..... especially if I had a house in So. Fla.
Most of the premier college coaching positions are in middle of nowhere towns. If big city living is a priority, he’s picked the wrong field. Only a handful of P5 schools are in metro areas.

Most of the premier college coaching positions are in middle of nowhere towns. If big city living is a priority, he’s picked the wrong field. Only a handful of P5 schools are in metro areas.
True... but small town Mississippi is a different ball of wax, bruh.

Please make a list of either EQUIVALENT coaches who would have accepted less than $8 million per year, AND/OR a list of BETTER coaches who would have accepted $8 million per year. "Lincoln Riley" answers are not accepted.

Does it matter now? Its all speculation and hypotheticals are useless going forward.

Mario is the coach. Like I said, he's an upgrade. Important thinkg now is the OC and the philosophy that Mario is going to have on that side of the ball.

If he makes the right hire and gives them the reins, I think he will be very successful.

Advertisement
One thing I'm very happy about with Mario, the Mickey Mouse **** will be gone from the program. Don't have to worry about him hopping around like a cheerleader on the sidelines like Manny.

Mario brought Feld because UM let him do whatever he wanted.

We’re never coming close to winning another NC with the same S&C program Mario had at Oregon.

You’re getting played so badly by the admin and people can’t see it. They don’t care that his S&C program is terrible compared to Ole Miss. AD’s know this.

I just hope Mario brings in the right coordinators now. It's all flowers and candy until we land in College Station.

Advertisement
Back