Lane supporters

Lane will only come into play if he can’t get an OC that maximizes TVD/Garcia and the offensive weapons parade we have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Lane guy I root for every coach we hire until they give me reason not to. I’m liking where this Mario era is heading. These Columbus boys are putting their money where their mouth is and I am digging it.

There’s no time to mope, it’s time to celebrate our new coach, new resources and new commitment to winning.

Let’s go

I had Lane Kiffin as my top choice, but if you are a UM fan you should be thrilled by what's going down right now. UM just told the entire CFB world it is done with the ******* around and half-hearted measures. The wallet has been primed open. And now if Mario assembles the sort of staff that's being rumored, I think it will dwarf anything Lane could have done (partly because of ego, partly because he'd almost certainly have less booster support than Mario wields).

This is a fantastic time to be a UM fan. A few weeks ago I wasn't even going to renew my season tickets, today I'm looking to upgrade them.

Advertisement
I think Lane is better and cheaper, but I'M ALL IN 100%!
LET'S GO!!

So why don't you tell us where, on the continuum, Lane's salary would have been, between the $4.5 million he is currently making and the $8 million we gave to Mario, when multiple other (and several less-accomplished) coaches are making $9.5 million to $10 million per year?

And isn't "cheaper" the thing that we have been criticizing Miami over, for decades?

Advertisement
So why don't you tell us where, on the continuum, Lane's salary would have been, between the $4.5 million he is currently making and the $8 million we gave to Mario, when multiple other (and several less-accomplished) coaches are making $9.5 million to $10 million per year?

And isn't "cheaper" the thing that we have been criticizing Miami over, for decades?
He probably would have gladly taken 6 to come here. He wanted this job badly.
Yeah we went cheap, but never better as in Lane quality better.

Insiders were probably “told” the worry was Lane’s past.

No, the UM admin wants someone they can control. They don’t want Lane to be the face of the program and them take a back seat. At some point you’re going to realize the admin is playing you. Why do you trust them when you didn’t trust UM 3 months ago?

Advertisement
He probably would have gladly taken 6 to come here. He wanted this job badly.
Yeah we went cheap, but never better as in Lane quality better.

Look, I'm not mad at you, and I'm really not going to argue.

But Napier got $7M.

Let's just be honest.

Insiders were probably “told” the worry was Lane’s past.

No, the UM admin wants someone they can control. They don’t want Lane to be the face of the program and them take a back seat. At some point you’re going to realize the admin is playing you. Why do you trust them when you didn’t trust UM 3 months ago?

So we hire one of the best ADs in the country, we hire one of the top coaching candidates, and we are letting multiple boosters/Trustees post their own things on Twitter (about stadiums and fund-raising efforts, I'm not talking about Epstein), and yet you claim that UM "wants someone they can control"? ****, "UM Admin" couldn't even control itself.

Yes, they didn't want Lane to be the face of the program. And it is absolutely because of his past, both past-past and recent-past. Lane hasn't changed. Lane will never change. And some of you may like that. But he's still in Mississippi, and he still doesn't have a contract offer to go anywhere else.

Look, I'm not mad at you, and I'm really not going to argue.

But Napier got $7M.

Let's just be honest.
We weren't wooing him, he was wooing us. UF really wanted Napier, was their first option, and they paid him 7. Yes, I believe Lane would have taken 6, you don't, nothing to argue about.

Advertisement
Back